finasteride and loss of libido

cat3appr

Reaction score
Hello,

After a year of Minoxidil, finasteride and nizoral I can tell that my hair looks way healthy, not sure about regrowth because I haven't taken pictures, however I'm very glad with the overall result.

My only concern is an objective loss of sexual desire... of course I'm still having sex, but I'm pretty sure that my sexual drive has decreased, and I'm not happy about that.

I understood that the sexual side effects on finasteride affected 8% of the patients, and I've been reading that the side effect may continue even after stopping finasteride.
I'm now considering to suspend finasteride indefinitely at least until I'll notice an improvement in my sexual desire, but is there anything SURE about this whole issue? Is it true that I won't get my libido back after stopping finasteride?

Any official link and motivated explanations are very welcome

thank you!

Diffuser44

Banned
Reaction score
Quit watching p**rn and paranoia masturbating. Also stop reading propecia help and scare mongering forums. Check out padschs success forum instead.

Notcoolanymore

Reaction score
Quit watching p**rn and paranoia masturbating. Also stop reading propecia help and scare mongering forums. Check out padschs success forum instead.

Yeah!

Notcoolanymore

Reaction score
Paranoid masturbation... Another one on the long list of finasteride sides :D

HAHA. No but seriously I think there are a bunch of guys out there that masturbate after taking finasteride just to make sure things are still working, then say "the quality of my boner isn't what it used to be". I guarantee many of the guys who have sides fall into this category.

maher

Banned
Reaction score
HAHA. No but seriously I think there are a bunch of guys out there that masturbate after taking finasteride just to make sure things are still working, then say "the quality of my boner isn't what it used to be". I guarantee many of the guys who have sides fall into this category.

Paranoid masturbation? O, ok.. I thought it was like when you walk home in the middle of night and you have a strange felling someone is following you.. then you hide in the bushes and jerk off..