Finasteride and libido/erections

magic_orange

Reaction score
Serious question : I've got a packet of Proscar in my house I've yet to start using......I'm wondering if I should bother reading all the negative comments about it affecting libido and getting it up on here. What's the story then ? Anyone NOT have an adverse affect !?

Deaner

Reaction score
Okay, this has been answered a thousand times. Alot of people aren't having adverse effects, look at the studies, 2% of guys had these effects. Even 1.3% on placebo or whatever experienced this. If you look at this messageboard as a microcosm of the entire Propecia userbase, you're gonna get the wrong story. At least 15-20% of people on this messageboard are experiencing adverse effects, and that's why they seeked help in the first place, and found this place. Many people go on without having any adverse effects, or very mild ones that dissipate.

I personally have not noticed Propecia messing with my sex life, just had watery jizz for the first couple weeks, and I'm fine now. Its been 3.5 months and I can't really say I've had any real adverse effects. If you're that worried, just don't take it, but honestly, it's not as bad as you think.

magic_orange

Reaction score
Cheers Deaner......I reckon I'll give it a go for a while and if it's giving my man grief I'll bin it.

mvpsoft

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I've been using propecia for about three weeks, no effects yet. Talk of these effects is way overblown, IMO.

wheyface33

Established Member
Reaction score
Been on finasteride for a month, my libido has actually increased a bit as have a bunch of peoples around this time on the forum. Go for it, if you get the effects and theyre too much to take, stop using it.

marsbtchsx

Established Member
Reaction score
couldnt get it up unless my girlfriend was pretty much naked telling me to bend her over....that was for the first month and a half....the last two weeks the sides completely vanished...in the end (scince they went away) it wasn even half as bad as some people on this site make it out to be...and like someone else said....u can always just stop