Finasteride And Gyno Signs Questions

integra

My Regimen
Reaction score
Have been on finasteride for almost 10 months now , nothing much significant on the regrowth factor but hairfall seems to have stabilized . Unfortunately the symptoms such as puffiness of the chest has been there (no other sides) but recently I have been experiencing a little bit of itchiness and slight pain on the nipples area. So I have decided to take a break for 10 days. Seems to have helped with the pain.

So my questions,

How common is the itchiness/pain of the nipple area among finasteride users?
Do people continue using the drugs after moderate pains ?
And what is the preferred strategy if pain starts as sides. ?

Would appreciate if experienced finasteride users contribute.

Last edited:

MikeW

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This drug destroyed my entire cognitive function and has caused me memory loss. If you notice any side effects STOP the drug. It is dangerous.

Alk

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Lower your dose and stay away from foods with estrogen. See if you can get a aromatase inhibitor

integra

My Regimen
Reaction score
So I've started taking finasteride on a lower dose, (.5mg EOD). Well during the break there was no pain but since I've restarded it comes up once in a while. Although whenever I jog or walk for atleast for 40mins the symptoms are gone. So possibly aerobic exercises help relieve some symptoms.

Its a bit of a trial and error. Still I must ask is the pain in the chest area common with users of finasteride?

g.i joey

Reaction score
Idk about the pain but anyone who has a 15% increase in estrogen will experience a certain level of either puffy nipples or slight water retention in the chest

integra

My Regimen
Reaction score
Had to settle with finasteride every two other days. Seems like the symptoms are gone.
It sucks but I guess something is better than nothing. Also started minoxidil two times a day.
So far nothing weird .

ballerboy

Reaction score
@integra I started on finasteride .6 mg every day a few months ago, started noticing puffiness and itching about 6 weeks in. waited for everything to normalize and am going to try .25 mg every three days and increase slowly. sounds like you're doing well, wish me luck!

integra

My Regimen
Reaction score
@integra I started on finasteride .6 mg every day a few months ago, started noticing puffiness and itching about 6 weeks in. waited for everything to normalize and am going to try .25 mg every three days and increase slowly. sounds like you're doing well, wish me luck!

Good Luck dude!
Well yes as of now the sides seem to have settled for the better.
I do extensive exercise (cardio mostly) on the third day and then take the pill .
Try to maintain a good sleep schedule too as staying awake late do increase estrogen.
I'm norwood 3.5 for the last one year and stuck in that position. Hope minoxidil helps a tad bit.

Reactions: Alk

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Idk about the pain but anyone who has a 15% increase in estrogen will experience a certain level of either puffy nipples or slight water retention in the chest

Hate to say this to you. If you have enlarged nipples, even if you lose LOTS of weight,
you will probably need surgery to get it removed.

These days there are good options though. Liposuction is the best one for male
breast fat removal.

g.i joey

Reaction score
my aereolas arent any bigger than before i started finasteride. I really just feel like i gained a bit of fat/water in my chest which makes them feel puffy. Ive went off finasteride before and noticed that they burn off within 2 weeks of proper diet and termination of treatment so im not worried.

g.i joey

Reaction score
and for what its worth i actually got REAL GLAND GROWTH from finasteride when i tried it back in 2014 for 2 months. I immediately stopped finasteride and hopped on an AI(letro), and what a doctor confimed was real gyno, 2 months later the tissue disappeared and the gland shrunk a HUGE amount. Letro can reverse early onset of gyno.

the thing about finasteride and gyno is simple. you cant be a fat lazy slob, i was 250 pounds when i started finasteride and got gyno. I went back to finasteride when i dropped down to 215 and havent had a gyno pain or sign since.

integra

My Regimen
Reaction score
How's it going ? No more nipple sides ?

Nope, still on the regime of Finasteride 1mg every third day ( 2 days gap). Minoxidril twice daily.
Tried 1mg EOD , didn't help . I'll increase the dose again after 3-4 months maybe.

integra

My Regimen
Reaction score
Maintained or regrown hair , shedding stopped ?

Maintained , as I've just started minoxidil some shed might on the queue.
But definitely no major shock fall which I thought would come after changing the
finasteride regime of 1.0mg everyday. I'm Norwood 3.5 by the way , the riskiest of places .