finasteride and gynecomasty

xxenergyxx

Reaction score
Hi all guys!
I pray everyone to help me about my trouble.

I absolutely need to know if anyone of you had gynecomasty as finasteride side effect and if keeping a lower dose of finasteride didn't have this problem anymore.

I always read about people who was taking 1mg finasteride having sexual sides and lowering the dosage the sides disappeard or seemed to decrease a lot.

BUT I never read about people who noticed a gyno and lowering dose were able to keep on with finasteride without undergo that problem.

I'll be really pleasant to everyone will help me giving news about that.

Hoppi

Reaction score
Aren't you on finasteride now? You aren't getting gyno as a side effect are you?

If you are I'd recommend dropping down to 0.25 or maybe giving it a rest for a little bit if you don't mind risking a bit of shedding!

xxenergyxx

Reaction score
Yeah Hoppi, I'm not on finasteride anymore.
I used it for 4 months, during the first 3 months I noticed that the right mammal looked different compared to the left one.
After 3 months and a half I began feeling pain if I touched it and so after 1 week I stopped.
Now I'm not taking finasteride for 2 weeks.

I want to know if other users after notice a gyno using finasteride maybe tryed saw palmetto and they had the same problem.

Or if they turned the dose of finasteride to a lower one and gyno didn't appear again.

Does anyone have any experience about??

Please, answer me!!

Hoppi

Reaction score
aw heh, what dose of finasteride were you on? 0.5mg a day?

If it were me I'd wait till the gyno died away completely and then cut down to... 0.25?

If you still get sides then umm... even less! And back it up with more topical and systemic treatments that are less likely to give sides or make the finasteride sides worse :)

xxenergyxx

Reaction score
Do you know if someone having gynecomasty with finasteride and turned to saw palmetto still presented the same problems??

@Hoppi: I already tryed with topica antiandrogen like progesterone and spironolactone but I hadn't any result after an year...That's why I tried finasteride!

and...you said:"and systemic treatments that are less likely to give sides or make the finasteride sides worse"

Whitch treatmets should make the finasteride sides worse??

wesleyBelgium

Established Member
Reaction score
eat daily 150gr white mushrooms...
it halts aromatization from testo into estrogen... this causes gyno...
its herbal so it needs at least 1 week or more , keep eating it :punk:

xxenergyxx

Reaction score
Thank's a lot for suggestion!! I'll try!
I begin going into the wood!! :)
But just white mushrooms have that effect?

I still wait for someone who tell me something about sawpalmetto and if it could cause gynecomasty. :dunno:

Hoppi

Reaction score
Saw Palmetto probably won't no, I've never heard of that as a possibility - I think it actually inhibits estrogen a bit too that's probably why! Problem is, it also isn't as potent. That thing about the finasteride doses... I don't think it's true myself. In theory, yes, 0.25mg is no different. In practice, I have heard so many cases of people who have had sides at higher doses but were fine at 0.25 but had more shedding or whatever. Far too many for it to just be coincidence, IMO.

And don't just pick any old mushrooms! Buy them from a shop or I dunno, maybe ebay? o_O

are they "White Button Mushrooms" wesleyBelgium?

That's absolutely wonderful and great news if they ease finasteride (estrogen-triggered) sides significantly!

I take it they won't stop other finasteride sides such as testicular pain etc? Is that caused by low DHT? If it's caused by too much estrogen then yay it might solve that too! hehe :)

wesleyBelgium

Established Member
Reaction score
yep White Button Mushrooms

just try it... keep eating it every day for more then a week...
if you buy a case of 500 gr , devide it into dose for 3 days...

i rinse them a bit with water , cut them in pieces and eat them raw...
i eat them before going to sleep

a bit of exercise also cant do harm , it can boost testo , if your on duta or fina this would not be a problem for you...
jogging, pumping , swimming , it all boost testo
sex also :hump:

the mushrooms will hold back the aromatization from testo into estrogen more , so it will also boost your free testo a little
you will experience this like more energie, maybe little more agressive 2

let-it-grow

Established Member
Reaction score
xxenergyxx said:
Do you know if someone having gynecomasty with finasteride and turned to saw palmetto still presented the same problems??

@Hoppi: I already tryed with topica antiandrogen like progesterone and spironolactone but I hadn't any result after an year...That's why I tried finasteride!

and...you said:"and systemic treatments that are less likely to give sides or make the finasteride sides worse"

Topical spironolactone has more side effects than oral finasteride, Hoppi is wrong. Topical finasteride absorb systematically and has a very high chance of giving you gyno, finasteride is safer.

xxenergyxx

Reaction score
@let-it-grow: do you mean that oral finasteride is safer than topycal finasteride??

I didn't understand the concept, tell me more about this please!

xxenergyxx

Reaction score
@wesley: I read in your regime schedule that you did PRP treatment.
What do you think about it?did you notice any benefit?

I'm planning to do it here in Italy, there is a doctor who adfirm he teached the technique to Dr. Greco.

Anyway I still didn't see documents or photo report about prp treatment, that's why I would be really pleasant if you tell me more about!! :punk:

p.s. I read that the mushrooms you are talking about could be dangerous coz they contain cancerogen substances: (read the end)http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agaricus_bisporus

"Some studies have revealed that raw A. bisporus - along with some other edible mushrooms - contain small amounts of carcinogenic hydrazine derivatives, including agaritine and gyromitrin. However, this research also noted when cooked, these compounds were reduced significantly."

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2132 ... t=Abstract

Hoppi

Reaction score
let-it-grow said:
xxenergyxx said:

Topical spironolactone has more side effects than oral finasteride, Hoppi is wrong. Topical finasteride absorb systematically and has a very high chance of giving you gyno, finasteride is safer.

Yes yes yes I know you like to make out I'm incorrect on things, but if you look back and actually read what I said, I never even mentioned spironolactone, topically or systemically. What I said was "back it up with more topical and systemic treatments that are less likely to give sides or make the finasteride sides worse :) ".

What I meant was things that don't work in the same way or hit your 5ar levels so hard. Exactly what I was referring to is irrelevant - but it wasn't spironolactone, topical or systemic!!

As for the mushrooms thing... I find it fascinating but yes it's possible they have downsides too like what you said xxenergyxx. I think in principal though (a way of capping our estrogen while on finasteride) it's probably a good idea :)

wesleyBelgium

Established Member
Reaction score
i eat a lot of mushrooms before going to sleep
i feel more energized , little more agressive 2
so i'm sure they lower estrogen more , and so theres more free testo circulating...

i eat them raw , but would consider cooking them... thanks for the info

i had prp done yes, but on the crown ,and there was not a wow effect
verry minimal improvement, little more hair, nothing spectaculair...
crown is still a bit thin like before...

but on 6 - 7 april im going in for another hair transplant, this time 2500 a 3000 grafts fue , so i dont worry about my hair, its all getting fixed
after that its happy growing...

wesleyBelgium

Established Member
Reaction score
topical finasteride works systematicly , so it needs to go in your skin and reach your bloodstream , sinds the skin only takes a 3 to 10% of the applyed dose the sides would be more minimal against oral fina , but remember that oral dose the liver holds also back a lot , so i think it would be more like : 0,5 - 0,6mg in your blood (at oral dose of 1mg) agains in the best way : 0,1 a 0,2mg when applyed topical (if the deliveryvehicle is good it could boost to 20% , so max 0,2mg in the blood) calculated at topical dose of 1mg fina in 1ml topical....

so topical fina would give less sides then oral but is also less powerfull and depends more on the skin also , and everybody is different , so some will have good results and some will see not much difference...

topical spironolactone is a anti-androgen , so if you use it , i would advice using verry little of it...

there many people that dont have any side with this, and there are also people that have sides with this...

i'm not a spironolactone expert but this stuff just need to work localy , not in the bloodstream , so if you dont overuse this , this would be a good way to slow/halt the hairloss...
i have used flutamide topical , and this needs to work systematicly , so i would not advice it to anyone, sinds it blocks all the androgens in the body...

theres never any garantie....

xxenergyxx

Reaction score
Great Wesley! Thanks a lot for explaining!! :bravo:

I want to ask you one more thing: I used 1 year ago topical finasteride 1% and just after 1 week I noticed a difference in my breast, I mean the right looked modified (and always the right is the one who developed a beginning of gyno after using 0,5 mg of oral finasteride for 4 months).

When I used topical spironolactone 1,5% I never noticed anything like that, so never seen gyno or differences looking my breast. With spironolactone I'm not sure but maybe I had some sexual side.

Should it be possible? I still don't understand if it was just suggestion or not...maybe if I'm so sensible to anti-dht with spironolactone I should notice a gyno too before noticing sexual sides..don't you think?

Now I will try with a different therapy, I will use coconut oil and astaxantin, there is a study which shows how this association block 50% of dht and there is a comparation with finasteride action.

wesleyBelgium

Established Member
Reaction score
well in a male there is the aromatization enzym that converts testo into estrogen , so a change in your testo could boost the conversion with aromatization more so it could affect the breastgrowth

green thee and eating mushrooms (say 150 a 200 mg daily) would hold the aromatization back , how much % i dont know, but i feel the difference so it does something, try it , it safe...

i have cooked my mushrooms today , i think longer then 5 min for sure...
the water gets verry lightbrown , and after getting them out you see that they absorbed water also , but verry tasty , i push down on the mushrooms a little on a plate with a fork (do i say it wright ?) so the absorbed water drain out of them some more , and there verry tasty , i hope i dont boil the anti-aromatization ingredients out of them , does anybody have data how long you need to boil them ?