finasteride and Diabetes

EasyEd

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone. I am currently taking finasteride and my brother is interested in doing the same. The only issue is, however, he is type 1 diabetic. Does anybody know if taking Propecia, Finpecia or Proscar present a factor to him being diabetic. Is anyone here who takes finasteride Diabetic themselves? Has it affected you? Please help.

Freestyle

Established Member
Reaction score
No idea.

And if I were you, I wouldn't make a conclusion that important from advice on a message board.

Your brother should see his GP and tell him what he wants to do, then have the GP give him advice.

Dinzy

Established Member
Reaction score
I think if there was a problem with taking a 5ar inhibitor with Diabetes then they would mention it in the side effects portion of the commercials. I recently saw one for Avodart and they only mentioned sexual side effects, gyno and preganant women. Of course this is not a definitive answer at all, but I think it would be common knowledge if there was a serious problem. A doctor may tell your bro not to take finasteride just based on his own personal prejudices so just make sure he answers the question posed rather than spouting his own opinions.

EasyEd

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the help guys, I appreciate it! I'll definitely have him discuss the situation with his doctor first, but I was hoping that someone here would be able to answer from experience. Maybe somebody with diabetes themselves or something.