finasteride and cutting and stuff

G

Some of us are cutting finasteride into 4ths and 5ths.... How about taking one 5mg tablet every 5 days.

just a thought.

gonna_win

Experienced Member
Reaction score
traxdata said:
Some of us are cutting finasteride into 4ths and 5ths.... How about taking one 5mg tablet every 5 days.

just a thought.

I personally don't know if taking 1 5mg tablet of proscar every 5 days will work or fail. My dermatologist has told me that cutting proscar in half and taking it every second day would be ok.

G

It sounds a better option than cutting it up though. It's almost as if Merck has cottoned on to the fact that most people are using Proscar and have sent there nasty little spies to do some espionage on this web site.

Papazappa

Reaction score
Hey!

Whatever you do, 1 every five day is NOT an option. As amed student who is currently studying drug pharmokinetics and pharmodnamics, the once a day dose is essential for the drug to stay in concentrations of its theraputic range; that is the amount of finasteride in your blood needed to suppress the 5a reductase enzyme to an extend o reduce hair loss. It is this continue suppression which finally allows the folicle to stop being attaked and the hair to grow ec etc.

However, most drugs are cleared from the body in preportion to the amount you have in your blood. I.e., the more in your blood, the faster it is going o be pulled ou of your blood and it will have a particular half life (i think finasteride is like 8hrs) where half of the 5mg will be cleared. So what ends up happening is that the five MGs is cleared from you body in effectively 2 days so that for the other 3 days 5a reductase is formed and the follcles are attacked.

the 1mg dose every day ensures that ou never step out of the theraptic range.

so put simply 5mg once every five days is hell bad and will do no help

Cut your pills man!

cheers

sam

Papazappa

Reaction score
Hey!

Whatever you do, 1 every five day is NOT an option. As amed student who is currently studying drug pharmokinetics and pharmodnamics, the once a day dose is essential for the drug to stay in concentrations of its theraputic range; that is the amount of finasteride in your blood needed to suppress the 5a reductase enzyme to an extend o reduce hair loss. It is this continue suppression which finally allows the folicle to stop being attaked and the hair to grow ec etc.

However, most drugs are cleared from the body in preportion to the amount you have in your blood. I.e., the more in your blood, the faster it is going o be pulled ou of your blood and it will have a particular half life (i think finasteride is like 8hrs) where half of the 5mg will be cleared. So what ends up happening is that the five MGs is cleared from you body in effectively 2 days so that for the other 3 days 5a reductase is formed and the follcles are attacked.

the 1mg dose every day ensures that ou never step out of the theraptic range.

so put simply 5mg once every five days is hell bad and will do no help

Cut your pills man!

cheers

sam

G

I do cut my pills, i was just wondering about the 5mg dose in one go. But I guess it stands to reason. You need to keep a steady top up of finasteride in your blood stream...

Nizzle

Reaction score
Papa

What about cutting proscar in half and taking it every other day?

gonna_win

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Re: Papa

Nizzle said:
What about cutting proscar in half and taking it every other day?

A dermatologist told me that that would be OK to do