finasteride and Bodybuilding

Format

Reaction score
I know its been stated that working out does not effect one's hair due to T levels returning to normal shortly after, but i'm still a little skeptical only because of my personal experiences.

I'd really like to get back into working out, I just have a few questions before I do. First, lets say the increase in T while working out actually did effect hair loss, would finasteride still be able to do just as good of a job in stopping DHT? And second, would running immediatly after help in reducing my testosterone levels?

For those who strongly believe there is no connection between working out and hair loss, please just play along and give your answers accordingly. Thanks!

ShedMaster

Reaction score
Any increase in test as a result of a weight lifting session is on such a short term that it is not going to effect your hairloss. Many things increase test but this does not neccessarily mean they will effect your hair. so lift away!

Skaff

Established Member
Reaction score
My advice, no matter what the facts are, is don't skip the gym for the sake of your hair. If it does have a negative effect I'd say it's almost negligible. And working out is good for health and self esteem.