Finasteride+5%Minoxidil worked for 1.5 years, but have reversed the growth in past 2 weeks

aks_8

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi,

So I have been using Finasteride+5%Minoxidil for the past 18 months. I saw amazing results from the two, including regrowth all over my scalp. It was all going great till 2 weeks ago, when I started experiencing a shed. I have had these sheds before (usually lasts 10-12 days), but this time it seems like I have lost substantial amount of the progress I had made.

Anyone with a similar experience, and will I gain back the lost hairs.

jazz1

Reaction score
You done anything different recently? What brand Finasteride have you been using and did you change this recently or even the minoxidil?

Whats your full regime?

aks_8

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for responding.
I started working out recently, and the shed almost coincides perfectly with that. That's the only difference that I can think of.
Finasteride 1mg daily
1ml 5% Minoxidil twice a day
Milpharm Finasteride (the brand)

jazz1

Reaction score
So basically you have not changed any medication brands? In regards to
working out you added any supplement like creatine? i think you need a Ketaconazole shampoo like Regenepure DR and Nizoral plus a Topical anti androgen blocker as working out has probably increased your serum scalp DHT hence the shedding.

aks_8

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes that's right, I have not changed anything (not the brands, regimen etc). I do not take creatine but I do take protein powder.
I was thinking the same that as I started working out (while I wasn't before) it probably increased the DHT levels and the medication couldn't cope with that.
Thanks for the response.

jazz1

Reaction score
Yes that's right, I have not changed anything (not the brands, regimen etc). I do not take creatine but I do take protein powder.
I was thinking the same that as I started working out (while I wasn't before) it probably increased the DHT levels and the medication couldn't cope with that.
Thanks for the response.

I would check your protein powder as I work out, they also contain creatine some powders and anything over 5g will cause hairloss and shedding. Bodybuilders or weight lifters normally add Ketaconazole based shampoo like Regenepure DR daily to help compensate increased scalp DHT or Spironolactone topical.

I would add Ketaconazole like Nizoral daily and use a 1% like Regenepure DR/Lipogaine BIG3 or Revita depending where you from as some Revita in EU has removed 1%, US is still fine.

Also check out Divine herbal oils or some form of topical anti androgen will help and stop the loss, as you also want to target topically.