Finasteride 4 Month Success - Had To Stop Because Of Panic Attacks (pics)

Irelvnt

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys,

this is my first post here, so let me tell you a couple of things about myself:

I am a 26 years old man and have been struggling with hair loss since I was 18 years old. However, I do still have a lot of hair.

4 months ago I decided to take Finasteride because I thought it was worth a try.

I have always held back and never wanted to take it because I drove myself crazy by the negative reviews of others on the internet.

But then I thought that on the internet, the only people that complain are the ones, where the drug either did not work or has caused strong side effects.

The majority of people who have success with the drug rarely come to the forum and post their successes because they move on with their lives. Which is logical.

Said and done. I took the drug and surprisingly had very few side effects. In the first week I had only slight testicular pain, but they disappeared quickly.

I did not have these typical horror side effects at all. Everything went really well.

I have documented the progress with pictures and noticed that my hair both felt very good and visually there was a great improvement. And that only after 4 months. The doctor even told me that I shouldn´t expect anything for at least 3-4 months.

I responded really well to Finasteride.

Until 2 weeks ago, where I suffered a panic attack in the gym.

And then another one the same day.

In the evening I went to the hospital and stayed there for 2 days. Everything was checked, but nothing found.

Diagnosis: Panic attacks.

When I came out, my girlfriend asked if that might not be because of Finasteride. The idea came to me as well.

1 week later I had a panic attack again, whereupon I called my dermatologist and told him about it.

That's what he told me:

"Yes, panic attacks are a very rare, but real side effect that can unfortunately occur, I recommend you to discontinue the medication for at least 1 month."

So I did that.

One week ago, I discontinued the drug because I think it probably came from it. I had not had anything like that before.

My question to you guys is:

Can you recommend to me some good alternatives to protect my hair?
I would be grateful for your advice.

Attached the photos, my progress compared.

1st month and 4th month.

Thank you guys

Attachments

• 1 (2).jpg
    1 (2).jpg
    188.5 KB · Views: 1,935
  • 1 (1).jpg
    1 (1).jpg
    134 KB · Views: 1,922

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
It's too bad you have to discontinue treatment when it was working for you. After a year it might have all filled in again. Maybe you could try a topical DHT blocker like RU or CB from Kane.

Irelvnt

My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you have any experience with those blockers? Are they good? Proven?

Thanks.

StevenGerrard

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
just finasteride, no minoxidil? you responded really well, 10 more months and you would have a full head of hair IMHO

try a smaller dosage, like 0.5mg every other day...