Finasteride 2 times a day

hollas

Reaction score
I would like to know if there is someone who takes 1mg (or 1.25mg) of finasteride every 12 hours...
...and what kind of results have you got?

Thanks...

Byeeeeeeee

x5o

Established Member
Reaction score
Been on 5mg., once per day for over ten years. No neg. side effects. I believe the half life is 24 hours. Were I to cut them up and divide the doses my body would maintain a higher blood level, but I have not seen any studies that show that method would allow better results for my hair. Plus, I just don't feel like chopping those "non-easily-dividable" things up. They splinter and rarely if ever break into equal parts. I'd have to see some pretty convincing evidence on the efficacy of doing it that way to bother with it.

hollas

Reaction score
But.. have you ever been on 1mg, once per day?... have you seen an interesing difference for your hairs?

Thanks

x5o

Established Member
Reaction score
Never been on anything but 5mg. Pull my posts to see how it worked for me. I am very pleased with the med. I truly believe it dramatically slowed my thinning/loss.<Keyword is "slowed", hence, I am still in the "game/battle". I believe folks my age who are fighting hair loss will not see a cure in our lifetimes, so it will be a lifelong battle for us.

Stingray

Reaction score
I was on 2.5mg once a day with no side effects or results. Won't give you ANY more benefit.

x5o

Established Member
Reaction score
Hmmmmmm...........half the pill........half the price...........same results..........Now saving $, that could motivate me to chop those little splintering, messy bastards into the semblance of half a pill. :tdo13: :smash: