Finasteride 2 months no result advice me

Im unlucky

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello, I have been using finasteride for 2 months and there is no change in my hair. am I not answering? Should i start dutasteride?

michaelle

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for the thread here, it will be really helpful to me as I am looking for some good hair treatment which will work for me. I am going to start taking some Male hair loss supplements soon. Maybe you can recommend something else to me here? I would appreciate any input, thanks a lot in advance, guys!

Last edited:

hudsonhawke

Established Member
Reaction score
That's a shame about the Minoxidil as I feel it has made a huge difference in the regrowth. What were the issues with your heart? Were you getting palpitations? Only other recommendation is to derma roll if you can't use Minoxidil. I also take biotin and multivitamins. Also saw palmeto on the days I don't take the finasteride. Not sure how much difference it makes, though had a spare bottle of it and thought why not :D

Im unlucky

My Regimen
Reaction score
That's a shame about the Minoxidil as I feel it has made a huge difference in the regrowth. What were the issues with your heart? Were you getting palpitations? Only other recommendation is to derma roll if you can't use Minoxidil. I also take biotin and multivitamins. Also saw palmeto on the days I don't take the finasteride. Not sure how much difference it makes, though had a spare bottle of it and thought why not :D
something like that my doctor cardiologist forbade me to use minoxidil. yes i am thinking of starting derma i can see very very small black hairs on temples i hope it will help.

Adam23

My Regimen
Reaction score
Two months is too early. Around 4-5 months you noticing thickening, around 7-8 months the regrowth and filling of crown area starts becoming apparent and will keep going up to 2 year mark. Especially for diffuse thinners, you will go through more hair cycles than others to achieve desired results.

Mustang

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Wait 6 months, then assess
Hair cycle is 3-4 months, you won't see changes in 2 months.

hudsonhawke

Established Member
Reaction score
I pretty much regrew all my hair in the space of two months starting finasteride. Though I was using minoxidil along side it which I think kick-started the regrowth. Not sure if finasteride alone would have done much more other than stop me from losing even more hair.

I have been derma rolling once a week alongside. Though it hurts like a b**ch! So there are weeks which I skip.

Mustang

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I pretty much regrew all my hair in the space of two months starting finasteride. Though I was using minoxidil along side it which I think kick-started the regrowth. Not sure if finasteride alone would have done much more other than stop me from losing even more hair.

I have been derma rolling once a week alongside. Though it hurts like a b**ch! So there are weeks which I skip.

At what depth?

Mustang

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
that doesn't sound right, 0.5mm is barely something anyone would feel.

I have done 2.5mm, that hurts, 2.0mm hurts, 1.5mm its ok, 1mm doesn't hurt, 0.75mm can't feel much, 0.5mm can't feel anything

hudsonhawke

Established Member
Reaction score
Actually it could be more like 0.75-1 looking again against a ruler. Not much way of knowing as it's not written on the roller or the packaging. Though definitely uncomfortable. Can only tolerate it once a week.

Hairicane

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been using finasteride for about 4 years (1mg a day) and i never saw any regrowth, but my hair is exactly the same.

For the first year I worried every day, depressed at times, but it slowly dawned on me that it was working to prevent further loss.

The data from FDA tests show most men maintained hair but don't get any obvious regrowth.

Be patient, keep using it, and you'll probably have the same results. Best of luck.