finasteride, 13 months in

apexaviour

Reaction score
lazarus said:
Those are great results with finasteride alone. Could you give a rough timeline when you started noticing a cosmetic improvement in your hair? Did you find it got worse at the start, and how was the overall shedding? I had resigned myself to the idea of having to start minoxidil to get similar results, so this gives me hope and some motivation to hold off and give the finasteride a little longer.
Em... I think it's very difficult to personally gauge slow improvement when you're staring at your hairline multiple times a day, everyday. Especially when shedding continued, to an extent. I really had to go on other people's comments, or lack thereof. I'd say it took about 6 months before I felt like it was really working.

Just don't miss days! You regret it.

I'm 2.5 years into the regimen now. Those most recent photos are couple of months old. I've noticed a bit of thinning of recent in the middle part of my fringe. I'm finishing college now, and I should be able to afford avodart, so I think I'm going to try that soon.

I PMed you. Hope you could reply
Thug mé freagra ort :)

buzzmenot

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks for chiming back apex, tell us, did you experience any scalp itch while on propecia? also how many times a day/week do you shampoo after you got off nizoral?
also you mentioned shedding, were there months where your hair got thin on the outlook? is it predictable? cyclic?

lastly did your thin hair go through many cycles before getting terminal? or did it all just turn terminal after the first cycle on propecia?

CHL24

Reaction score
Hey great results tho just a question you said the most recent pics are a couple of months old, but you're post was made back in 2005 ? :wow:

MSFB

Established Member
Reaction score
that mr muscle looks rather holy in the background, is that whats been gorwing your hair back?!

haunted-ballroom

Experienced Member
Reaction score
[/quote]Thug mé freagra ort :)[/quote]

haha, I know I should know what that means.... I gave you the answer or something....right?

depress

Reaction score
Unreal regrowth, congrats.

In the first picture you look like a roughed up 30 something, now you look like a college kid.......you bastard :freaked2:

RaginDemon

Reaction score
congrats

LosingTouch

Reaction score
Sorry for the bump but this is my favourite success story so far, would love to hear from you again apexaviour if your around..

Fanjeera

Reaction score
Did you encounter the so-called massive shed in the start of your regimen of finasteride?
How do you feel yourself mentally? How's your mood? Are you able to socialize like you were used to and be as clever, witty and humorous? Are you able to concentrate the mind and study?
Has your liver given you any signs, like brown urine or pain? How much alcohol do you drink?
Thank you very much! Your answers are very helpful to me, a 18 year old young who just started finasteride and is very worried about his health.

gavney

Reaction score
HA! I don't believe it!

I know this guy who posted the original results.

I was in college with him.

It's funny, I've known him for 6 years and it never crossed my mind that he was going bald at any stage! But, now that I look at that original photo, I suppose I just didn't notice.

Anyway, he probably won't post here anymore and I've lost touch.

But I'm very glad for him. He's a really nice guy and great craic

gavney

Reaction score
Btw, I can confirm that there's no problem with his libido - he doesn't seem to have any trouble with the wimmin!

gavney

Reaction score
Hey,

I have just looked at some recent pics of ApeXaviour on facebook.

I can confirm that he has a full head of hair! And he's really taking advantage of it, allowing it to grow long.

I think it would be a bit rude of me to show pics on this forum without his permission though, but you can take my word for it!

Halp

Reaction score
Fanjeera said:
Did you encounter the so-called massive shed in the start of your regimen of finasteride?
How do you feel yourself mentally? How's your mood? Are you able to socialize like you were used to and be as clever, witty and humorous? Are you able to concentrate the mind and study?
Has your liver given you any signs, like brown urine or pain? How much alcohol do you drink?
Thank you very much! Your answers are very helpful to me, a 18 year old young who just started finasteride and is very worried about his health.

Dont know.
Everytime I have met him he has been the life of the party, very social chap. Never a bother on him. Hes doing well in college so hes fine there.
Everytime we have a family gathering and he is present he gets pretty damn drunk, so Id say a fair bit.

Declan, its a cousin of yours here. Just started going through what you have already done. If you read this gimme a shout as Ive sadly lost your mobile number, could use some advice. Thanks alot.
(Ill probably see you before you ever come back here judging by the time stamps haha.)

P.S. Couldnt believe who I was seeing when I saw the pictures, what are the odds eh? But you've given the last push I needed to try finasteride so thanks.

gavney

Reaction score
Hey ABandInhope,

I know Dec also. I doubt he's ever on this forum anymore

BUT I was in contact with him, and he told me where he gets his Proscar, and told me that it's still working after 5 years

I presume you're in Ireland also? I had originally ordered finasteride from hairlosstalk.com - but unfortunately got stung by customs recently, so have now ordered from the same place as Dec (and he's never had any trouble, I think that's cause it's sent from within EU, and they don't check)

PM me and I can give you more info on Dec if you like

postit15

Reaction score
what on earth...he grew back temples/frontal region without minoxidil and with just finasteride alone!!!!