Finasteride 1 Month Progress! No Results And Shedding

badluckbryan

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi All,

So not sure what happened to my last post but I don’t see it anymore. But long story short, I started losing my hair at 19 and decided to go on minoxidil 2 times a day about 2 years ago. I actually saw results! Hair fall decrease a lot and hair got thicker and new hairs regrew fuller in about 6 months.

Then stupid me got lazy and started slacking on my application routine stopped minoxidil for about a month or so because I ran out. Big mistake cuz hair just started falling out again. So I quickly started back on it but things haven’t been the same anymore. It’s been about 9 months since I’ve restared and I still have hairfall and have lost soo much hair since then.

I started finasteride and it’s been 1 month and honestly I haven’t seen any progress yet. Hair doesn’t seem to have gotten thicker/fuller. And I still have hair loss. Is there a shedding phase with finasteride? Is it not working for me? After how long was it that people started seeing difference?

itsjustsimon

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Take the pill everyday and don’t look at your hair for a year. Shedding is a mindfuck. One month is nothing.

And ofcourse you lost all that hair on minoxidi because minoxidil does nothing against balding. You were probably losing hair all that time but you started noticing when there was a reason for it.

And if you have money, test your DHT in the blood just to be sure Finasteride is working.

Good luck.

badluckbryan

My Regimen
Reaction score
Take the pill everyday and don’t look at your hair for a year. Shedding is a mindfuck. One month is nothing.

And ofcourse you lost all that hair on minoxidi because minoxidil does nothing against balding. You were probably losing hair all that time but you started noticing when there was a reason for it.

And if you have money, test your DHT in the blood just to be sure Finasteride is working.

Good luck.
Thanks for the advice

MorningGlory

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
+bump

Anyone else have any thoughts?

My thoughts are you must have done zero research on finasteride if you’re asking about “results” after one month. Finasteride works, years of evidence show that, but it isn’t an overnight cure.

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
yeah most people need to wait a year to see where their hair is going, you can still get regrowth after this but a year mark you should be able to see a difference if you are a good responder. Some people get amazing results after just 6 months but these are a minority. just take your pill every morning and try not to worry, take photos every few months to document your progress. This is probably the best response from finasteride i have seen http://www.hairlossexperiences.com/view_topic.php?id=2318&forum_id=38

Last edited: