finasteride 1.25 mg everyday and 5mg every 5-7 days - Will Brink

techprof

Experienced Member
Reaction score
check the link
http://www.dolfzine.com/page700.htm
He is discussing various products. I don't if he has any knowledge or background in hair loss research. He has briefly summarized his views on vairous treatment options. From his page,

Also, there is research that shows taking just one 5mg tab of Proscar® every five days keeps DHT levels suppressed. I have found the most effective way to use Proscar® is to take one quarter of a tab a day (1.25mg) and one 5mg tab every 5-7 days. This is the most cost-effective and side-effect-free way of taking Proscar®.

Do you guys think there is any logic behind this regimen/dosage. I remember reading somewhere that 5mg finasteride should stay in the system for few days. so take finasteride 5mg once in 7-days (say Saturday or Sunday for ease of regimen) and take 1.25 everyday for optimum balance between dht suppression and reducing side effects.

hairwegoagain

Reaction score
techprof said:
check the link
He is discussing various products. I don't if he has any knowledge or background in hair loss research. He has briefly summarized his views on vairous treatment options. From his page,

Also, there is research that shows taking just one 5mg tab of Proscar® every five days keeps DHT levels suppressed. I have found the most effective way to use Proscar® is to take one quarter of a tab a day (1.25mg) and one 5mg tab every 5-7 days. This is the most cost-effective and side-effect-free way of taking Proscar®.

Do you guys think there is any logic behind this regimen/dosage. I remember reading somewhere that 5mg finasteride should stay in the system for few days. so take finasteride 5mg once in 7-days (say Saturday or Sunday for ease of regimen) and take 1.25 everyday for optimum balance between dht suppression and reducing side effects.

I see no logic in giving credence to the unsubstantiated recommendations of a tool that's somehow managed to scrap together a website. You can find someone out there that claims to have the best solution for everything. Did you know you can buy plans for a genuine time machine off the internet? It really works! :roll:

The internet is a mixed blessing. These days you can quickly find information that would have required days of research only 10 years ago. Unfortunately, a lot of that information is deemed credible by some simply because it's written down.

There's nothing to show that taking a larger dosage of Proscar once a week is any more effective than taking it daily (1mg) as directed for male pattern baldness. If anything, the potential for side effects may be greater since you're bombarding your body with a 5X dose every few days.

I sure as hell wouldn't be taking the medical advice of some guy who writes for Musclemag International. Good grief.

Britannia

Reaction score
techprof said:
check the link

This is crazy (borderline insanity). How the hell is taking an extra 5mg of finasteride unecessarily each week be the most cost effective and side effect way of taking Proscar? 1mg everyday people.

kosmo

Established Member
Reaction score
unless you are experiening side effects take 1mg/day. it is a proven dosage. there is no need to experiment, and varying your dosage may have a negative effect on your treatment.

Boru

Established Member
Reaction score
kosmo said:
unless you are experiening side effects take 1mg/day. it is a proven dosage. there is no need to experiment, and varying your dosage may have a negative effect on your treatment.

Well said.

mogadon

Established Member
Reaction score
Britannia said:
techprof said:
check the link

This is crazy (borderline insanity). How the hell is taking an extra 5mg of finasteride unecessarily each week be the most cost effective and side effect way of taking Proscar? 1mg everyday people.

thats an OLD report, before propecia, was marketed, thats why there is no mention of 'propecia' only proscar, he has written another one since then

Resultsnottypical

Established Member
Reaction score
Given that proscar is more cost-effective than propecia, and that taking it as 1.25 is the way to do it (unless you want to try to cut it into fifths), I have to wonder if there is a typo in the original text. If you replace the word "and" with the word "or", you get something a bit more plausible, and cost-effective, either take 1.25 a day, or 5mg every 5-7 days.

Original text with correction:

Also, there is research that shows taking just one 5mg tab of Proscar® every five days keeps DHT levels suppressed. I have found the most effective way to use Proscar® is to take one quarter of a tab a day (1.25mg) OR one 5mg tab every 5-7 days. This is the most cost-effective and side-effect-free way of taking Proscar®.

Boru

Established Member
Reaction score
Resultsnottypical said:
Given that proscar is more cost-effective than propecia, and that taking it as 1.25 is the way to do it (unless you want to try to cut it into fifths), I have to wonder if there is a typo in the original text. If you replace the word "and" with the word "or", you get something a bit more plausible, and cost-effective, either take 1.25 a day, or 5mg every 5-7 days.

Original text with correction:

Also, there is research that shows taking just one 5mg tab of Proscar® every five days keeps DHT levels suppressed. I have found the most effective way to use Proscar® is to take one quarter of a tab a day (1.25mg) OR one 5mg tab every 5-7 days. This is the most cost-effective and side-effect-free way of taking Proscar®.

As another Scots-Irish, a bit older, I see your regimen is much lighter than mine. Did you ever consider the laser comb and emu oil etc.? Perhaps finasteride/minoxidil/ketoconazole (plus I just read about the selenium in Head & Shoulders) is enough for some men. However, trying to come back from virtually zero took alot more effort. Hearing about your filling in is great though.
Boru