Finally Will Try The G2b Glued Method

TEG

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
After years of hearing about this attachment method, I dismissed it thinking it can't possibly hold well, being it is just a styling gel. Yesterday I purchased the yellow tube and the black one; the black one is ultra and is clear, where the yellow is white, but I heard dries on clear. I went to the store with the intention of just getting the yellow tube, but they are buy 1 get 1 half off at Walgreens, so I got both.

I tried the black tube with an old piece on the back of my hand. Well, I was certainly surprised! It really does hold well. I will be doing a re-attachment tomorrow and will post my results on here.

TEG

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Are you doing this for daily wear?
I am not sure how long. Maybe it won't even work on my head. If it does, I don't know. I am so used to by regime of tapes. If it holds for a few days and I only have to wash it to remove it, great. My desire is to stay away from using so much rubbing alcohol.

AxC123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I guess this is with a thinskin base? Please let me know how it goes. I usually wear lace, but ordered a thinskin a while back and wanted to try g2bgels after reading about a poster here. I have the yellow g2b

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
Don't you have to clean this off the system? Which is more wear and tear on the system?

I don't see the benefit here.

TEG

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I guess this is with a thinskin base? Please let me know how it goes. I usually wear lace, but ordered a thinskin a while back and wanted to try g2bgels after reading about a poster here. I have the yellow g2b
No. It is an all french lace. I do have poly on the back. I will use a piece of tape on that area.

TEG

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Don't you have to clean this off the system? Which is more wear and tear on the system?

I don't see the benefit here.
No. It comes out when you wash it as opposed to lace release or alcohol. Actually, water may release it...I will try that first. From the research I have read, and the test I did on my hand there is no cleanup.

Also, I don't think I will be doing a reattachment today. I don't need to. I used a scalp protector for the first time on my last attachment and that seemed to give me a better hold, but perhaps I should have made a new post on that subject.

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
No. It comes out when you wash it as opposed to lace release or alcohol. Actually, water may release it...I will try that first. From the research I have read, and the test I did on my hand there is no cleanup.

Also, I don't think I will be doing a reattachment today. I don't need to. I used a scalp protector for the first time on my last attachment and that seemed to give me a better hold, but perhaps I should have made a new post on that subject.

Which means you have to WASH IT! That's my point...

deg_dilemma

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've read about the G2B method in some detail in the past and I tried it (with the black tube) on a UTS base. It was OK but the hold is very light. You could use it for daily wear but not for any kind of activity.

It works better on lace.

But as BB says the big point is that you have to wash it more often. Water alone probably won't be enough.

Personally I didn't see the benefit but you've got to try things to experiment and find out what works best for you.

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've read about the G2B method in some detail in the past and I tried it (with the black tube) on a UTS base. It was OK but the hold is very light. You could use it for daily wear but not for any kind of activity.

It works better on lace.

But as BB says the big point is that you have to wash it more often. Water alone probably won't be enough.

Personally I didn't see the benefit but you've got to try things to experiment and find out what works best for you.

And doesn't work if you perspire. I tried it... I had a hold that lasted one hour.

TEG

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
And doesn't work if you perspire. I tried it... I had a hold that lasted one hour.
I have heard it will loosen a bit if you perspire but will re-harden. I don't know if this is actually true though.

I did notice when I put a heavy coat on the back of my hand and waited 5 minutes it did not stick, but a thinner coat rubbed in and waiting 5 minutes kept a very good hold.

I can't do a reattachment at all today due to work issues. As I mentioned, I used a scalp protector on my last re attachment last Friday and it seems to be holding up MUCH better. I will say that for the scalp protector.

And if this GOT2B glue does not work, no big deal. The 2 tubes only cost about 7 bucks. I will give them to my nephew or cousin...they use stuff like this

Last edited:

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
TEG, I too found it works amazingly well on lace.

I had a poly perimeter/french lace piece before & was annoyed w/ the allergic reaction I'd get from tape.

It would only adhere well to the center of the unit - that is, the lace - & I'd just apply a thin coat to the entirety of my head, bio hair included - as I like my hair gel'd.

What's your exact attachment method using either tube? - I find they're both about the same, but the clear (black tube) has a better fragrance & packaging. Have you layering coats?

The problem for me is there only seems to be a short window during which attachment works. In my case, I apply to scalp, wait for the product to harden & get very tacky (hair dryer can be used to accelerate process). But if I wait too long the stickiness goes away all together.

Never tried it in conjunction with scalp protector...

Did you apply the protector to your entire head?

I feel like a layer of dried Got2B on the scalp acts very much like scalp protector...

TEG

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
TEG, I too found it works amazingly well on lace.

I had a poly perimeter/french lace piece before & was annoyed w/ the allergic reaction I'd get from tape.

It would only adhere well to the center of the unit - that is, the lace - & I'd just apply a thin coat to the entirety of my head, bio hair included - as I like my hair gel'd.

What's your exact attachment method using either tube? - I find they're both about the same, but the clear (black tube) has a better fragrance & packaging. Have you layered coats?

The problem for me is there only seems to be a short window during which attachment works. In my case, I apply to scalp, wait for the product to harden & get very tacky (hair dryer can be used to accelerate process). But if I wait too long the stickiness goes away all together.

Never tried it in conjunction with scalp protector...

Did you apply the protector to your entire head?

I feel like a layer of dried Got2B on the scalp acts very much like scalp protector...
I think either tube works just as well, but the black tube is clear, so I have been experimenting with that. I have not done an attachment on my head yet, just on the back of my hand with an old piece. I am very impressed with the hold.

The last couple of times, I tried the test on the back of my hand was with the black tube, a thin layer but not so light as one would use with glue. Wait about 5 minutes and then lay the piece on it. Wait another 5 or so minutes. I was very impressed with the hold. I have not tried multiple layers, have you? I am curious about that.

As for the scalp protector, I did not experiment with it using the G2BGlued. I don't think it would do anything. I was referring to the reason I did not do a reattachment yesterday, as I said I was going to do in an earlier post, where I was going to use the G2B on my head. The scalp protector, IMO, is giving me a more extended attachment. Usually, I would have had to do one by now. Indeed, I don't think I need to do one today. Currently, I am still attached with walker no shine tape. I will do an attachment on my head with the G2B this weekend. I should have made a separate thread about my experience with scalp protector and tape. Sorry for the confusion

Last edited:

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
Oh, I didn't read your post thoroughly enough. Back of hand...

Let me know how things work out. Ya, the scalp protector thing sounded off, but my reading was all wrong.

Yes, I have tried multiple layers. I think two is best. The first layer creates a film on your scalp, which seems to be a better surface for the second layer to attach most effectively to your hair piece.

TEG

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Oh, I didn't read your post thoroughly enough. Back of hand...

Let me know how things work out. Ya, the scalp protector thing sounded off, but my reading was all wrong.

Yes, I have tried multiple layers. I think two is best. The first layer creates a film on your scalp, which seems to be a better surface for the second layer to attach most effectively to your hairpiece.
I did a re attachment yesterday afternoon. I did put a thin layer on and then a thicker layer. I also used a piece of tape in front and back just to be safe. I used the yellow tube.
As of now, Monday morning, it is on there strong. It is not going anywhere!

Here is a bunch of threads about this attachment method you may find useful

https://forum.toplace.com/showthread.php?tid=211&highlight=got2boz

I think my next attachment I will just use G2B glued. This stuff is cheap! Amazon has 3 6oz tubes for 11 bucks!

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
It's inexpensive, not messy, doesn't require alcohol & is permanent enough for me ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: TEG

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
I did a re attachment yesterday afternoon. I did put a thin layer on and then a thicker layer. I also used a piece of tape in front and back just to be safe. I used the yellow tube.
As of now, Monday morning, it is on there strong. It is not going anywhere!

Here is a bunch of threads about this attachment method you may find useful

https://forum.toplace.com/showthread.php?tid=211&highlight=got2boz

I think my next attachment I will just use G2B glued. This stuff is cheap! Amazon has 3 6oz tubes for 11 bucks!

Thanks for the link. I have the yellow tube. Maybe it's time to try it again ;0

How long has it been on? As of now, Monday afternoon !

I've never actually tried sleeping w it.

I don't know if you wear your hair down or if this would be conducive to your style/appearance but I always exceed my bonding area - head full of gel look - especially in the the front. The hairs that naturally get stuck in the gel on my forehead make for an incredibly realistic appearance. I know it sounds odd the way I'm describing it, but it looks A+

AxC123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Tried it for the first time today. Yellow tube on swiss lace poly side&back. One coat, waited about 5 mins..strangely the top side and back glued well but my front hairline did not.. tried another layer or coat there, no luck. Was surprised by the hold on head, not sure why hairline was not sticking, possibly my forehead shape, or the fact that hair is longer in front ( heavier).. will try it another time with a 3mm poly unit

Manny007

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How do you guys make it work on lace?? really interested in the process, I tried on lace black tube didn;t work at all

It gave me 12hr hold on a poly base system

TEG

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How do you guys make it work on lace?? really interested in the process, I tried on lace black tube didn;t work at all

It gave me 12hr hold on a poly base system
Lace directions are just the same as poly. Maybe pressing it in a little more when drying. This is not like regular glue; you don't use a thin coat. Apply a decent size layer and rub it in with your finger, wait about 5 minutes then put your piece on. Don't keep playing with it.