Finally, some results, I thought they were myths

johnboy

Reaction score
OK, I have been on finasteride for about 1 year and 4 months. I started using monoxidil about 3 months ago. I was so depressed about my hairloss about 5 months ago I buzzed my head, liberating but still didnt look so full. I still noticed a horse shoe pattern. At this time I was still on Monox and the itching stopped with the help of Nizoral 2%. The hair grew back to about an inch long and I started using Xandrox 15.

Well this go around my hair is about a half inch long and it looks so, so, much thicker. There are still thin areas but when it dries it looks actually pretty symmetrical with the rest of my dome. It is still thin around the crown and temples but that is pretty much it. If I can get my crown back into shape and a little more growth on my temples I will be a happy camper. Now hold on a second, I am not promoting Xandrox 15 but the steady use of monoxidil and taking finasteride I truly believe has done the trick. Now I am not saying that Xandrox hasn't helped but when the bottle is up I am just going to stick to monoxidil. I firmly believe in keeping a low maintinance regiment. Its easier to stay consistent and costs less too. I have some before pics, and I am going to take some after ones. They will come I just have to figure out how to post them. I would like every one to see them. So, advice for the day: Stay consistent on the finasteride. and monox. Apply on a consistent regiment, and keep moving forward in your life. Dont let your hair loss destroy you.

The Rock

Established Member
Reaction score
good sh*t how long were u losing ur hair before u started treatment and at what age are u now?

johnboy

Reaction score
To the Rock,

Sorry about the late reply. I am currently 21 years old and I started noticing at 19. They say that it takes 50% of loss to notice difference, I personally think there is descrepency there but anyway, I probably started losing at 18, oh what a fuckin shock. There are some posters on here that are so very desperate, and are letting it seriously hurt their livestyles in a very negative way. I wont sit on a soap box, I have let it hurt me in ways that I dont carry on some of the activities that I used to. Some have been actually positive. I dont party as much so I study a lot more, and am doing well in school. But I have stayed on the finasteride regiment for about a year and a half and my hair is looking better, more symmetrical it seems.

I read earlier about dutasteride users becoming dumber from using it. The post is here. That scares me because I have done my homework and know that dutasteride is amazing with regrowing hair. And a reason I was slightly interested in it is because in a couple of years they will probably come out with some fda approved generic version, if, and if it is safe but the sides of mental deficiency just closes the door for me now. I am happy where I am, moderatly. What about you, what is your story. I hear you like to work out and I quit working out about 2 years ago. I just got burnt out. But now I realize that it helped alot. I am still in good shape but soft. You said some supplement called NOX. I would like to know some more about that. Reply.

The Rock

Established Member
Reaction score
Well i started noticing after my high school graduation...and its weird cuz i noticed a week after and i watched the video to see my ahir and it litterally looked perfect......odd how much a week makes??? During this time I was drinking a hell of a lot and not working out until like Jan 15th. I was down to 175 lbs of my usual not even super bulked up 205. In this time since New Year's i stopped drinking, not having a beer since. Also during this time was depressed about alotta things, but now i've way way more mentally tough, like I previously was.

I am working out 6 times eveyr 8 days and do abs on my off days. Im back up to 196 in a matter of a month and half. I'm benchign 225 for 10, squating 405 for 5, and shoulder pressing 180 for five.......not my bests of all time but the quickest i've ever came back to lifiting and gotten stronger. I take a protein/weight gain supplement with small amounts of creatine.

I've been on Rogaine since November and generic finasteride for about a month and half..............shed still seems to be the same but not as bad as when i first started shedding. Time will tell......that NOX3 i just bought only used it for a few days, suppose ot make blood flow better and carry more nutrients, we'll see. Optimistism on a scale of 1-10, i'd say pretty good, lol. If i do go bald i wouldn't look horrible with a shaved ehad, just my f*****g ears are pointy thats the only thing that bothers me. Basically tahts my story.