Finally Hit Me... & I Did Something About It.

Jonathan Shockley

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi everyone. New to this forum. Hope everyone had a nice weekend. One of the good things that has come out of being in bed last 4 days with the flu is that I finally thought seriously about the fact that my hair has been thinning for the last several years (I'm 38, turning 39 this year). So today I 1st ordered some "Finally Hair" hair building fibers. I chose the "dark chocolate brown", as it seemed closest to my hair color. But then I thought that I should start some treatment. After doing some research I bought a used "iGrow" laser helmet, and a 12 month supply of minoxidil. Does this seem reasonable?
Also, not sure exactly if you'll agree, but it seems like I'm Mild Class 2 of the scale in the pic below.

IMG_7221.JPG
IMG_7222.JPG
IMG_7223.JPG
IMG_7224.JPG
IMG_7225.JPG
slide_hairlossscale.jpeg

Last edited:

Jonathan Shockley

My Regimen
Reaction score
your hair may form the pattern of a 2 but it is diffused all over. Laser helmets are generally not considered proper treatment. You should consider taking finasteride.

Thanks, someone else told me that I'm "Norwood 3 diffusing in norwood 6 pattern (and not that far away)". Where do you recommend I buy the finasteride?

laser helmet, hair fibers...

where the f*** did all of u come from?

Well, I 1st assumed that nothing could be done, so I looked at cover-ups. And the hair fibers thing looked pretty good

As for the igrow laser helmet thing, it had some good reviews, so I thought to give it a shot, especially because I read an article saying that it worked well with Minoxidil

biddybomb

Experienced Member
Reaction score
yeah don't get me wrong, people use them and even report some success but there is no science behind why they do or do not work so thats always a bit iffy. Go to a doctor and he should be able to prescribe you proscar on the spot. 5mg pills, use a pill cutter to get it into quarters and take one a day or one every second day. I believe you will have a lot of success taking it.

Jonathan Shockley

My Regimen
Reaction score
You're diffused throughout the top in a norwood 6 pattern and this is where you'll likely end up without treatment. It may not be too late if you respond well to a DHT inhibitor. I wouldn't bank on the laser cap as it doesn't eliminate DHT. In theory it's supposed to work the same as Minoxidil by stimulating blood flow in the scalp. It's not really scientifically proven to work and if it does will only buy you a short amount of time.

Thanks. I wish I had done something about it about 5 years ago when the problem started. I'm reading some bad things about finasteride. Is that what most people take as a DHT inhibitor, and are there other choices?

Dsport

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If you really want to take action, get a transplant.

Your age is ideal. Donor ideal. Hair thickness ideal.

If you let it go much longer too late.

Dontwannabeabetabob

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
You and I have similar diffusion...Anyways I really think you'd respond very well to finasteride, I get you have concerns about side effects but only about 2% of people experience them, and once you discontinue they go away. A very small miniority experience sides, let alone lingering sides after discontinuing. After a couple years taking finasteride with minoxidil I think you'd be able to recover about 80% of your lost hair as it's not too far gone yet. Either way good luck man.