Finally Got My First Hair System, How To Diy

Jalal

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys!

I have joined this forum around a month now, and thanks to it I have installed my first hair system last week!
I am progressively gathering knowledge and know-how in order to be able to do anything related to hair systems myself.

Here are the elements I am still wondering how to do them:

- The cutting/styling. The salon I went to (call it salon X) does a refit/styling of the hair system for £150-£200, and this is supposed to happen each month. I can see how I could learn to do the refit bit myself (taking it off, cleaning it, applying fresh bond and then reinstalling it), plus I can go to a "normal" hairdresser to cut/refresh my own hair. So that's sorted. But how about when I get a new hair system? will the "normal" hairdresser know how to cut it?

I was thinking I could order it myself, install it, then go to salon X and tell them only to cut the hair system, but they will probably charge me something close to the refit price (which is £150-£200), which is what I want to avoid.

- The refitting. How often should I completely remove the unit and do the maintenance? Salon X told me every month I should visit them to do it and then every week I could lift the hairline and maintain only that part.

- How do you guys do when you travel, in terms of carrying the products on the plane? most products have minimal size of 4oz = 118ml which is above the 100ml allowed. One could those empty 100ml bottle and fill them but it would be too many bottles (glue, protector, lace release, shampoo, conditioner etc.)

Thanks in advance for your replies!
J