Finally Getting On Treatment For My Hairloss

gingerdude

My Regimen
Reaction score
So back in August I posted some images of what I thought are signs of hair loss. You all told me I was definitely in the process. Back then you said I was "probably a NW2.5". I went to a local hair loss Doctor (Restore in Chicago) who told me "at best a NW2".

I didn't believe it because basically every guy in my family has their hair. My grandpa on my dads side and my dad have receded hairlines, but still a "full" head of hair. My grandpa on my mom's side had some hairloss, but for a 95 year old man he was still sporting a decent head of hair when he died. My uncle on my moms side has fantastic hair. The only exception is my uncle on my dads side who is a NW7.

I had been on the fence about starting treatment because I wanted to see for myself that it was indeed progressing. Obviously don't want to take AAs unless I really had to. I took some images today and I definitely can tell that is the case now.

The first two images are what I posted back in August. The next two are today. I think we can all agree there has been some progress on the loss now. Enough for me to say it's time to start treatment.

I am scheduling an appointment with a doctor asap to get a baseline T blood test and then a script to finasteride.

My plan is going to go something like this:

1) Take finasteride for 6 months and see if I have progress or serious side effects. If I get any regrowth then I will probably be happy. My hairloss isn't that bad yet.

2) Add minoxidil at the front, possibly needle. Hoping to bring the hairline down some.

3) If that doesn't work have a graft done at the front. Not sure if this is even needed with my hairloss, but I would consider it.

I have a special relationship with my hair, given that I am a full blown ging. I was bullied extensively and it took me awhile to accept my hair. F loosing it and going through that process again!

Attachments

• IMG_2252.JPG
    IMG_2252.JPG
    82.1 KB · Views: 133
  • IMG_2250.JPG
    IMG_2250.JPG
    92.5 KB · Views: 137
  • IMG_3009.JPG
    IMG_3009.JPG
    70.9 KB · Views: 137
  • IMG_3008.JPG
    IMG_3008.JPG
    82 KB · Views: 149

Hairicane

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How old are you?

I'm considerably more receded, with a thin patch on the back, and 44.

If you're under 30 with that hairline I think you're doing the right thing. Ounce of prevention. I wish I started finasteride at 30.