Finally Getting On Finasteryd ! Some Questions Though...(photo Added)

Gelo

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello. I've decided to go on finasteryd, cause i have had enough avoiding mirrors lately... My questions are :

1) if I want to be a father, is it better to go off finasteryd before trying to get my wife pregnant?
2) Will it affect building muscle or fat lose? body composition in general ?
3) i have male pattern baldness nw1-nw2. Is it good option for me to take 0.2mg per day? will it be as effetive as 1 mg?

I'll also try to get on minoxidil to get some lost hair back.

Thanks for your anserws!

Attachments

• 26909861_1932244493482606_456919759_o.jpg
    26909861_1932244493482606_456919759_o.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 468

reyl

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
1.) yes but make sure you ween off of it, so instead of getting off of it cold turkey, plan ahead a few months to lower dose as low as you can and then once you're off of it completely for a month straight, conceive. It doesn't have a long half-life " The terminal elimination half-life (t1/2z) is 4.7 to 7.1 hours; but despite this, slow accumulation occurs with multiple doses.", but it takes a week for 5alpha reductase to start producing DHT again after the last finasteride dose.

Finasteride supposedly leaches into the semen so that's why you want it out of your system before conceiving.

2.) it does affect fat a little bit as estrogen levels become a bit higher, however if you're physically active it shouldn't be a problem. It won't affect muscle growth as far as I know, many buff gym guys are on finasteride.

3.) 0.2mg a day was shown to be just as effective as 1mg per this Japanese study:
texte_alt_504atl-jpg-jpg.jpg
(the graph shows hair density 0.2mg vs 1mg vs placebo)

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15319158

At your current state you could probably even take 0.1mg and work your way up. That's what a lot of people did who did not experience sides at 0.1 or 0.2 but did at 1mg or 0.5mg. So you could try 0.1mg daily or 0.2mg every other day since your loss is quite mild to be on the safe side. Many people don't get any sides at all at 1mg but it's unpredictable and you can always increase a dose after getting used to it.

I would add Nizoral 1% shampoo 2-3 times a week to your regime as I did notice an improvement of hair texture. I don't take minoxidil but it works for some people, however anything you gain on it will be lost should you decide to stop it (some get chest tightness, shortness of breath on it, like I did). Also add 10,000 mcg Biotin, I take 5,000 mcg half a tablet in the morning and then 5,000 mcg in the evening.

Good luck sir! and don't forget to report back in 3-6 months on progress as it encourages others who are considering the jump themselves.

Last edited:

Gelo

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you very much sir ! i'll let you know after 3-4 months! One last question, if i get 1 mg finasteide, i need to cut the pill on 5? i mean, it's not like there's equval dose on every milimetr of the pill... i might be overthinking it, but it's better be safe than sorry :)

Last edited:

bartoow

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you very much sir ! i'll let you know after 3-4 months! One last question, if i get 1 mg finasteide, i need to cut the pill on 5? i mean, it's not like there's equval dose on every milimetr of the pill... i might be overthinking it, but it's better be safe than sorry :)

In 4 parts will be fine, there will be some crumbling of the pill. So you'll be ending up talking around 0.20-0.25 mg. I myself started 5 months ago with 0.25mg ED. Goodluck!

reyl

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah that's fine, there are some pill cutters online that can cut it more finely but if you're interested you can make it exact with liquid, see this guy's microdosing thread: https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...teride-test-commence-contains-pictures.99873/ Other people in there posted and said they have had good maintaining.

So if you have a 5mg proscar pill, you can crush it up, dissolve the powder in 70%+ alcohol mix, if you had 50 mL, every mL you take will be 0.1mg, half mL would be 0.05mg because we're just dividing 5 by 50. If you have the 1mg, just put it in 20 mL and 1/20=0.05mg per mL.

By the way getting the proscar pills over propecia is a lot cheaper and the prescription can be instructed to break those in fourths (1.25mg but this would be too high for you right now), but ONLY get this if you plan on going the liquid route. So if you wanna keep it simple just do the 0.20-0.25mg from the 1mg pills.

Last edited:

Endmymisery

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
In 4 parts will be fine, there will be some crumbling of the pill. So you'll be ending up talking around 0.20-0.25 mg. I myself started 5 months ago with 0.25mg ED. Goodluck!
How has it been these 5 months? I started 0.25mg ed a couple of weeks ago, cant say im noticing anything yet, but its only been 2 weeks

Gelo

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello, minoxidil 5% once a day would be enough in my case? i have finasteride 1mg , and i cut my pil in 4... ;) thansk!