Finally Gave In.. Day 1 Of Finasteride At 21 Years Old. Do I Have Potential To Save My Hair?

recedingornot87

My Regimen
Reaction score
Any update? I'm 21 too, and wondering whether or not to start finasteride.

Got sides big time after 6 months. It slowly started creeping up that I barely even noticed it. Im 22 now and my hair is below baseline compared to those pics in the original post. I still dont look like im balding to the average person but have diffuse in nw6 pattern. The thing is my dad was already pretty much slick bald at 22 but im not so I think im taking after his dad( my grandfather) who went bald in mid-late 20s (probably started losing it early 20s)

Im still on finasteride for the time being because I dont want to lose my hair but my libido is basically 0 right now. Next step is im gonna research RU58841 for 6 months and get off both minoxidil and finasteride during that time.

I dont want to discourage you from trying out the medication. Lots of people use it for many years without any side effects, its a case by case type of thing. I reccomend you get on it with a clear mind and see what happens. If you get sides you can always drop it.

reyl

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Got sides big time after 6 months. It slowly started creeping up that I barely even noticed it. Im 22 now and my hair is below baseline compared to those pics in the original post. I still dont look like im balding to the average person but have diffuse in nw6 pattern. The thing is my dad was already pretty much slick bald at 22 but im not so I think im taking after his dad( my grandfather) who went bald in mid-late 20s (probably started losing it early 20s)

Im still on finasteride for the time being because I dont want to lose my hair but my libido is basically 0 right now. Next step is im gonna research RU58841 for 6 months and get off both minoxidil and finasteride during that time.

I dont want to discourage you from trying out the medication. Lots of people use it for many years without any side effects, its a case by case type of thing. I reccomend you get on it with a clear mind and see what happens. If you get sides you can always drop it.
If you don't watch p**rn or jerk off for 3-4 days, still no libido? It really sucks that in many cases it comes down to "libido or hair".

4hair4him

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

Why not getting a hairpiece? There are some men, that were very upset of their hairloss. They say, f*** it and just bought themself a hairpiece (under 1k dollar a year by doing everything by yourself from beginning) and never looked back for years. If you are so desperate with it, just go with the hairpiece radt. better no wood, than norwood- No. Better Norwood 1 and much wood, but fake, in 95% situations undectable hair. YOu can have you dick and hair!!

And if you have a girl, say to here you just hated yourself bald, bought yourself a wig and cann now move on. thats all.

recedingornot87

My Regimen
Reaction score
If you don't watch p*rn or jerk off for 3-4 days, still no libido? It really sucks that in many cases it comes down to "libido or hair".
Why not getting a hairpiece? There are some men, that were very upset of their hairloss. They say, f*** it and just bought themself a hairpiece (under 1k dollar a year by doing everything by yourself from beginning) and never looked back for years. If you are so desperate with it, just go with the hairpiece radt. better no wood, than norwood- No. Better Norwood 1 and much wood, but fake, in 95% situations undectable hair. YOu can have you dick and hair!!

And if you have a girl, say to here you just hated yourself bald, bought yourself a wig and cann now move on. thats all.

This may be what I end up doing. But ive only been balding for 1.5 years now so its not like im a full blown nw6-7 yet (though I will be). Im like 1-2 years away from needing a system and when that time comes ill probably end up doing it. I just want to know that I did whatever I could before that time comes.