Finally doin somethin bout losin hair... HELP

G

Been loosin my hair starting when I was 18, friends were tellin me this but i just told them to shut the **** up and kept goin without any treatment. Finally I went to the Doctors today to see if some sh*t was wrong with me and he told me the same thing my friends would say, I was experiencing diffuce thinning of my hair on the top of the scalp. Anyway he prescribed me propecia and my treatment will start as of today so I'll be keeping everyone here updated about how my treatment is goin......
I was wondering if anyone here can tell me what happens the first few weeks using propecia as I hear it can cause Limpness and I'm scared now that I wont be able to perform for a while.
Also has anyone been experiencing lots of flaking and irritation with their hair loss cause I been on Nizoral once a day for 6 weeks and it isnt helpin much so I was wonderin if anyone has any advice on what other options there are out there for sever dandruff, thanks and help to hear from all you soon!!!

Rage

Established Member
Reaction score
Ah.. yer it does cause limpness... i've found that after about a month of use. However, all reports suggest that your body somehow rebalances and you'll be ok after a few more months.

I use TGel, cause i cant find Nizoral, but my hair wasn't tooo itchy to begin with.

Axon

Reaction score
It can cause libido and erectile difficulties, but can is the operative word in that sentence. I wouldn't worry too much.

For dandruff, try Nutrogena's T-gel shampoo.

G

ok then thanks for the advice, I got my propecia and the T-gel, so I'll see how everything works... as for now I still do got a full head of hair and almost noone can tell I'm goin bald so hopefully at the best I'll be able to keep the hair that I have, thats all I'm goin for since regrowth is rare anyway!! I'll keep you all updated with my results

G

Been on Propecia now for 5 days and suprisingly I have no more sheeding. I used to loose around 60-100 hair just when combing my hair in the morning, now all I loose is about 5 hairs when combing and absolutely no hair in the shower. The picture to the left is where I am at as of right now so nobody has noticed any differences in the thickness of my hair. I might be one of the luckier precentages that will keep all my hair as I knew what was coming for since this f***in disease runs all over my moms side of the family.
As for side effects I havent seen any as of yet but it might be too early to tell however my cousin (who has been on propecia for 6 years) claims that these side effects only exists during the first week, either way so far so good. Anyway I'll keep updating this site but so far I'm really happy that I'm not loosing any more hair, lets just hope it stays that way!

flux

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Bullshit.... WTF said:
Been on Propecia now for 5 days and suprisingly I have no more sheeding.
Coincidence. If anything this may have more to do with nizoral/TGel and the better scalp health it provides, but unless youre on other treatments, odds are this has more to do with your hairs natrual growth cycle and/or enviromental conditions.

This is a slow process. Keep that in mind. It will be months, up to a year, year before you're sure the Finasteride is doing its job.

Good luck!

G

Yo man your breakin my spirits here, I know that I'll be loosin my hair like a son of a b**ch in three months because of me starting propecia. Nonetheless there is still a good chance of me keeping the hair that I have, especially since I started takin this stuff pretty much right when it started happenin. My cousin started this stuff when he was 18 and had pretty thin hair, now he has thick *** hair and no signs of balding. I know others with similar experiences.
Everybody here has to keep in mind that all the people that complain on these posts that propecia doesnt work are just the unlucky percentage that it isnt workin for or the people who started to late and are looking for a cure, Propecia is NOT a cure, it only helps to keep the hair that you have, and MAYBE you might regrow what you lost ... on the other hand the people who dont experience hair loss anymore are just goin on with their lives as if its nothing because hairloss is no longer a factor in their lives, and hopefully that will be me and everyone else on these posts soon!! You all should keep that in mind :)

flux

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Bullshit.... WTF said:
Yo man your breakin my spirits here, I know that I'll be loosin my hair like a son of a b**ch in three months because of me starting propecia.
Just a reality check, bro. Gotta keep your head level for the trials ahead. ;)

And youre right, finasteride does work. I'm almost at the one year mark and my hair is proof of that.

G

Well I been on Propecia for over 2 weeks now and still no further shed. The only thing that gets me wonderin is since Propecia is supposted to start taking its effect after about 3 months or so, then how could it be that I stopped shedding after the first week? could it be that Propecia is useless for me and I should just save my money and and not use it?? any input would help as now I'm thinking this is gonna be my first and only month on this stuff!!

BadHairDecade

Reaction score
Could be you're just a good responder. I stopped shedding the first week and a half on it too. Then it started to shed again. No worse then before. This lasted about a 1 1/2 months then everything came to a hault. Since your hair loss is not noticeable maybe cut your doses in half instead of giving it up or go every other day.

BHD

G

If I cut my doses in half then wouldn't that defy the purpose of even taking propecia at all, they say that skipping days or even taking 0.5mg of propecia is not nearly as effective as taking the full pill and daily. The only problem I have right now is that I'm questioning staying on propecia especially because of its high costs... probably gonna switch to proscar and cut it into fifths, that is if I stay on this medication!!

BadHairDecade

Reaction score
WHo's "they"?

Anyway there's been a # of people claiming that .5mg works just as good as 1mg.

If price is the concern then definitly go with proscar. BTW you can buy Propecia in a three pack that comes out to $45 a bottle from drugstore.com

BHD

G

1 month update

Well I been on Propecia now for over a month and so far so good.... my hair hasn't gotten much thicker only a little bit and my hairline is solid. Its hard to say if I should be giving Propecia all the credit but it must be helping atleast a little bit as shedding decreased by 85% since I started it. Throughout the month I've had no side effects other than an increase in sex drive so no complaints there. I've also been using this vitamin specially formulated for thicked hair, its called eluhair and it has definately worked for making my hairs thicker... now I am finding that the few hairs that I do shed are much thicker and alot darker then they used to be. However this vitamin takes alot of time to take its effect, actually before I started noticing a big difference was in the 6 month mark. Together eluhair and propecia are doing wonders for my hair. Either way I'm now happy and hairloss is no longer a factor in my life and I got all the confidence I would ever want to meet new girls!!