Finally a balanced looked at hairloss affects

blackg

Reaction score
This guy is one of the lucky ones.
If you don't know what I mean... then you ain't fully bald.

FWIW

Established Member
Reaction score
This guy has been posted here. Yeah, if you have male model looks its really easy to make fancy youtube videos how big hero you are and how triumphantly you accepted your hairloss.

F2005

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah I know. This guy was stressing out over barely any hair loss whatsoever. When I had similar thinning, hair loss did not even enter my mind. It's also very easy when you have an outline of hair on the top of your head as well, although to be fair, this guy did shave it pretty far down. And that is another thing I can't stand: when people shave their head down to a crew cut level (like a 1 guard) and then think they know what it's like to be bald. A crew cut is not bald and even with a zero guard, people can still tell that you have hair on your head. However, when you have a visible horseshoe, that is a completely different story. Then people will know that you're truly bald. This guy was obsessing about very minimal thinning; just imagine what it would feel like if he had no hair on top of his head.

jd_uk

Reaction score
Yeah I know. This guy was stressing out over barely any hair loss whatsoever. When I had similar thinning, hair loss did not even enter my mind. It's also very easy when you have an outline of hair on the top of your head as well, although to be fair, this guy did shave it pretty far down. And that is another thing I can't stand: when people shave their head down to a crew cut level (like a 1 guard) and then think they know what it's like to be bald. A crew cut is not bald and even with a zero guard, people can still tell that you have hair on your head. However, when you have a visible horseshoe, that is a completely different story. Then people will know that you're truly bald. This guy was obsessing about very minimal thinning; just imagine what it would feel like if he had no hair on top of his head.

I actially think nw6 bald can lool better than a lower Norwood which is shaved down. It's tidier. Having a little island in the middle is messy.

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
I had seen this video because it was suggested by YouTube, linked to the infamous "four years of college a picture every day", which involuntarily became the flagship video for bullism against hair loss.

I think the guy in this more "balanced" video (he calls himself the "emotional warrior", so I really wouldn't know about balance) is a good guy who actually never downplays the difficulties of being bald. He does show that his "see-through" curls really upset him.

At the same time, I agree that with that good bone structure, height and has no major recession, so it's easier for him.

And he also said that shaving his head was a reason for conflict with his younger girlfriend... He adds they split "not because of hair". Hell, no... ;)

F2005

Established Member
Reaction score
I actially think nw6 bald can lool better than a lower Norwood which is shaved down. It's tidier. Having a little island in the middle is messy.

But most low Norwoods do not have an island in the middle. Or if they do, it's barely even noticeable. I have several friends who had no problem shaving their head to a 1 guard because you could still see that they had most of their hair and were not close to being bald. Yet these guys would NEVER bic their head down to the bone (what most truly bald men actually do). Also, I really cannot think of one relatively younger person (under the age of 40) who was an NW6 that actually kept the horseshoe. I have a friend who started balding very early, is now an NW6, and has handled it better than anyone I know. Yet he would never even think of keeping the horseshoe; he always shaves it down to the bone.