Fighting Hair Loss 4 years.

Aplunk1

Reaction score
I have no libido... thanks Avodart and Propecia.

I can hardly get it up.

I miss being able to sleep on the couch after a night of drinking...

I miss the carelessness of forgetting to take my hair loss medication prior to bedtime, in accompaniment with Rogaine and spironolactone. (10-minute activity)

I feel the feminizing effects of the medication, and I hate it.

I miss masturbation. (You may laugh, but I do miss it...)

f***, I wonder if it's worth it. An Armani transplant won't work without at least Propecia.

G

Why do you use so many products? Why not drop the avodart and try a low dose of propecia only,Lets say 0.5.Drop spironolactone because it probably doesnt do anything.

G

I still dont get how someone can give up his libido for hair.Whats the point of life if you dont have a libido? seriously.

barcafan

Reaction score
You should ALWAYS work on acceptance, even if you're not going bald.

OP: Now that you've listed what you dislike, can you still say that MAYBE saving your hair is worth it? I'm not trying to imply anything, for some people that very well may be the case.

Aplunk1

Reaction score
barcafan said:
You should ALWAYS work on acceptance, even if you're not going bald.

OP: Now that you've listed what you dislike, can you still say that MAYBE saving your hair is worth it? I'm not trying to imply anything, for some people that very well may be the case.

Thanks barca, that's the question I'm struggling to answer. Yeah, my hair is thick, and without the the medication I'd be a NW4 like my brother. I have a fairly strong Norwood 1.5-2.0. So, it's not all that bad.

Still, I think these medications (Propecia and Avodart) cause water retainment and other problems. Missing my libido is so goddamn tragic.

@Cassin, I'm a lot more accepting, but I don't think I could ever give up the meds. Avodart is the only internal medication I take. If I started seeing hundreds of hairs in the sink again, I dunno.. That'd probably push me over the edge.

bubka

Reaction score
I still don't get how you guys have problems... I think it is something else, it is just difficult for me to relate the two