Fight4Hairs´s research!!

G

I need some input on this..
I have done some research or should I say search for reserach and what I discovered is that NONE researchers (that I know of) has tried to use a drug to protect the cells in the hair-root from apoptosis (Cell Self-suicide) in genetic alopecia.

What we do now is blocking the cell death by application of drugs that block androgens (finasterid, Dutasterid etc..)
So my theory from what I understand is that there is the androgens that help produce DHT from testestorene that further gives the message to the immune-system to bring this cells into apoptosis(Cell Self-suicide) and that makes the inflamation that makes the hair into mini...mini...mini...gone!!

So my question is what if we could block the nuclear reaction in the signaling pathway from apoptosis rather than block the androgens?

Someone?? :)

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Sure, but don't hold your breath waiting for someone to figure out how to block that signal farther downstream from androgens. Just use antiandrogens and 5a-reductase inhibitors, like we're already doing.

Bryan

G

I think we already have found out Bryan but never tried it on hairloss yet:)
I found some more research...
If am not totaly wrong this article says that 5a-reductase inhibitors (finasteride) influence caspase and XIAP expression in hair follicle cells thus signaling anagen, active growth in the hair cycle.
http://www.ehrs.org/conferenceabstracts/2001tokyo/researchabstracts/124-sawaya.htm
This proves that there is actually apoptosis that is the main reason for hairloss or lets say that it is on this level the folicle miniturazitation occurs.

Another article on PubMed says that we already have found drugs to block the apoptosis at some stages..
The question is if this drugs will kill you or if it even possible to apply topicaly.. (etoposide, puromycin, tributyltin)..
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve&db=PubMed&list_uids=8543027&dopt=Abstract

Am not saying that researchers dont do theyr job well but maybe they looking at other places than hairloss..

Just to by a little crazy here: Maybe this is what the magical plant Rooh Al-Sham that HairCoverage talk about do; Block the cells from apoptosis..Who knows :roll:
I think that if we where searching for some natural plant/herb that had
active ingredients that protected the cells from apoptosis we maybe cure
hairloss in an easy natural way.

What animal or plant has a long life.. I guess that this creatures is that has the best method from protecting themself from apoptosis..

The Emu has a long life doesnt it, maybe thats why we use emu-oil... Am not sure about that one tough, just sharing some teories :)

Am gonna do some more research!! Maybe i travel to amazona soon to find this plant wich protects the cell from apoptosis :hairy:
If i not have more hair when I come back maybe am married some nice indiana-babe.. hoho
Am so crazy!!!!!!!!!!

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Fight4Hairs said:
I think we already have found out Bryan but never tried it on hairloss yet:)
I found some more research...
If am not totaly wrong this article says that 5a-reductase inhibitors (finasteride) influence caspase and XIAP expression in hair follicle cells thus signaling anagen, active growth in the hair cycle.
http://www.ehrs.org/conferenceabstracts/2001tokyo/researchabstracts/124-sawaya.htm

Of course. They influence caspase and XIAP expression by reducing DHT. So what's your point? Like I said before, just use antiandrogens and 5a-reductase inhibitors.

Bryan

iamnaked

Experienced Member
Reaction score
The signalling for apoptosis is a very good thing. It's the way the body removes cells whose DNA has been damaged. Removing this signalling is like playing russian roulette with cancer.

G

I was thinking about that to. but am not talking about remove the signals , just block the influence DHT has on caspase and XIAP or something like that.
anyway. iamnaked: do you by that mean that its eather cancer or hairloss..
becouse if apoptosis is the main couse of miniturazation of hair folicles then we need to hack our DNA code to prevent it from apoptosis without the risk of cancer..
From what i understand then, if finasteride is manipulating caspase and XIAP wich is some of the important keys in switching hair folicles back on from apoptosis.. That would also mean finasteride will give us a main risk of cancer as it plays with the cycle of death.. Like in the movie "Final Destination" if you are familiar with that..

isnt this some similar to what Curis do with the hedgehog signaling pathway. turn on turn off!!

G

Bryan: am just trying to understand this and why it is so f...... difficult to find a cure by preventing apoptosis to occur if thats the reason why miniturazation starts in the first place..
Why cant we protect them rather than remove the 5a-reductase type 1 and type 2 that we need in the body.
As i see it, it´s all about finding that molecyle wich protects this cells..
Damn, its just like sun cream/oil wich have the right molecyles to block out some sun rays that do harm and let the good rays come trough make us nice and tan!! OOoooor maybe a little more complicated than that.. hehe :lol:

Old Baldy

Reaction score
Fight4Hairs said:
Bryan: am just trying to understand this and why it is so f...... difficult to find a cure by preventing apoptosis to occur if thats the reason why miniturazation starts in the first place..
Why cant we protect them rather than remove the 5a-reductase type 1 and type 2 that we need in the body.
As i see it, it´s all about finding that molecyle wich protects this cells..
Damn, its just like sun cream/oil wich have the right molecyles to block out some sun rays that do harm and let the good rays come trough make us nice and tan!! OOoooor maybe a little more complicated than that.. hehe :lol:

Fight, can't speak for Bryan but I think it's difficult because, for example, we can't create life either. You might say cloning is getting pretty close but it really isn't. We just don't know the answers to your types of questions (yet).

If we could stop processes like you desire we could cure cancer, etc.

What you're asking, to me, gets into the "great mystery" type of question. What is the spark of life? I surely don't know.

Would genetic manipulation fall under this category? :?

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Fight4Hairs said:
From what i understand then, if finasteride is manipulating caspase and XIAP wich is some of the important keys in switching hair folicles back on from apoptosis.. That would also mean finasteride will give us a main risk of cancer as it plays with the cycle of death.. Like in the movie "Final Destination" if you are familiar with that..

Sputter...sputter...SPIT.

Finasteride isn't (directly) manipulating caspase and XIAP, the effing ANDROGENS are. Finasteride is only a very INDIRECT treatment, for god's sake. Reduce the androgens, and you reduce the apoptosis in balding scalp hair follicles.

Bryan

sublime

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Fight4Hairs - Here are some studies you might find useful. Best of luck in your search.

Apoptosis in the hair follicle.

Apoptosis plays an important role in many physiological processes, ranging from morphogenetic events to adult tissue homeostasis, and defects in its regulation contribute to many disorders. Here we review molecular mechanisms of apoptosis in the hair follicle (HF), whose cyclical growth pattern is repeatedly interrupted by apoptosis-driven involution (catagen). We review the common mechanisms underlying apoptosis in the HF during catagen, as well as differences in the regulation of apoptosis between distinct HF cell populations. An overview is provided on the expression and function of molecules involved in the control of various phases of the apoptotic process during catagen.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/quer ... med_docsum

Human scalp hair follicles are both a target and a source of prolactin, which serves as an autocrine and/or paracrine promoter of apoptosis-driven hair follicle regression.

The prototypic pituitary hormone prolactin (PRL) exerts a wide variety of bioregulatory effects in mammals and is also found in extrapituitary sites, including murine skin. Here, we show by reverse transcriptase-polymerase chain reaction and immunohistology that, contrary to a previous report, human skin and normal human scalp hair follicles (HFs), in particular, express both PRL and PRL receptors (PRL-R) at the mRNA and protein level. PRL and PRL-R immunoreactivity can be detected in the epithelium of human anagen VI HFs, while the HF mesenchyme is negative. During the HF transformation from growth (anagen) to apoptosis-driven regression (catagen), PRL and PRL-R immunoreactivity appear up-regulated. Treatment of organ-cultured human scalp HFs with high-dose PRL (400 ng/ml) results in a significant inhibition of hair shaft elongation and premature catagen development, along with reduced proliferation and increased apoptosis of hair bulb keratinocytes (Ki-67/terminal dUTP nick-end labeling immunohistomorphometry). This shows that PRL receptors, expressed in HFs, are functional and that human skin and human scalp HFs are both direct targets and sources of PRL. Our data suggest that PRL acts as an autocrine hair growth modulator with catagen-promoting functions and that the hair growth-inhibitory effects of PRL demonstrated here may underlie the as yet ill-understood hair loss in patients with hyper-prolactinemia.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/quer ... med_docsum

Reducing prolactin will slow down the switch to catagen. The question is what and how effective. Obviously there are other areas that can induce catagen but this is just one I have read about and was able to locate the studies at pubmed.

powersam

Reaction score
fight4hairs - i think maybe you've forgotten that you are an idiot. please
remember in future that you sir are an idiot and leave it at that.

G

Not know what your problem is PowerSam.. But suggest you try get laid or something.. sorry, but am really not ready for this "your a idiot" discussion with u.. It just to childish for me!! sorry
Try on someone else maybe them wanna play this game with u!!

Old Baldy

Reaction score
PowerSam said:
fight4hairs - i think maybe you've forgotten that you are an idiot. please
remember in future that you sir are an idiot and leave it at that.

Sam: Fight is trying to learn. That's smart, not stupid.

powersam

Reaction score
your right, that was a bit harsh, i apologise for my previous remark.

G

Yeah, thats true.. Am trying to learn.. Am no expert in this field and have yet much to learn.. I guess we all are, since we stil loose our hairs ;) hehe

apologise accapted PowerSam ;)

bubka

Reaction score
fight4hairs: apoptosis is a very natural and normal thing for all living cells within a body tissue. It is programmed cell death. Cells, like any living thing cannot live forever. Cells often go through apoptosis when organelles wear our, DNA damage, or external signals. The longer cells live, the more sloppy they get in DNA replication and RNA encoding, thus you get error. Killing the cell off after a specific time eliminates this. Very few cells live constantly throughout your life, and your integument (skin) is not one of them. Sure DHT cases more frequent apoptosis, but it does happen regardless of alopecia every 2 to 5 years. I mean, you want to slow it down, but the cells have to die sometime no matter what. Eliminating apoptosis would probably create hair cells that make "broken" or wrong encoded hair, no hair, cancer...

G

Bubka: I understand every word yous say here.. Good comment!!
Just one thing.. I didnt neceserely mean to eliminate the aptosis of cells 100% but something that blocked it from extra apoptosis-signals from DHT or whatever that tells them to do a more frequent cell death. Just like 5ar-inhibitor but at a lower level ..