Fibrosis, Inflammation & Androgen Alopecia.

Helios

Reaction score
Been taking Curcumin C3 Complex for about 2-3 weeks and I must say that I didn't noticed any differences at all.
The brand is Doctors Best and is supposed to be pretty good brand http://www.bodyenfitshop.nl/vitamin...octors-best/curcumin-c3-complex/#ingredienten

Gotta say that I have been drinking quite a lot in the last weeks, so that can maybe be why it didn't help that much.

- - - Updated - - -

Chronic inflamation leading to fibrosis is defensively a major obstacle in going bald, nothing new about that. After doing my own research I also believe that a huge part of regrowing hair back to get back the fat we lose due to fibrosis. I think it's like a crop field being stripped away of all the vitamins and nutrients. Anyways, didn't people say that emu oil may be a substitute for the fat we lose? So maybe when we have destroyed a significant part of the fibrosis in the scalp, we can then derma roll just for prenetration purpose and let the emu oil sink in? Just my two cents.

I just mention this because we do seem to lose all the fat and I noticed this on myself as well. I will order some emu oil and give it a try, will report in 3-4 months

Been thinking what triggers armpit hair to grow? It's a bald spot for 10-12 years and then it starts growing hair around puberty. It can't be testosterone all by itself, or does it? If it can happen to your armpit it can happen on your head as well, me thinks.

K

karankaran

I am gonna try Curcumin...from some of the reviews I've been reading, this stuff is pretty potent....I have these effin' stupid itchy skin rash breakouts that happen twice/week, just like clock-work, and curcumin is supposed to help with allergies and histamine related effects....after drinking more water laced with a bit of sea-salt, I'm down to one Reactine capsule per week...

....I am thinking that this aggressive allergy reaction that has gotten worse since I turned 40 is also hammering my scalp -- my hairloss has been unprecedented since I hate 40 and the allergy breakouts coincide with this...

...I also think that with DR'ing increasing blood flow and circulation, taking the supplements like Evening Primose, Curcumin, SP, Niacin, etc might actually be more advantageous now...

Let us know how it goes, sparx...btw i tooo have developed autoimmune disorders like thyroid, eczema after i turned 23 and my baldness has appeared since then...i feel there is a link...anti-inflammatory regimen can go a long way ...

Sparky4444

Reaction score
Been taking Curcumin C3 Complex for about 2-3 weeks and I must say that I didn't noticed any differences at all.

ummmm...you seriously think 2 or 3 weeks is going to make a difference???

holy crap :uglylol:

Helios

Reaction score
ummmm...you seriously think 2 or 3 weeks is going to make a difference???

holy crap :uglylol:

Yeah, what a douche I am. :hmmm:
Actually if it works you would probably would see a bit of difference, doesn't it?
It's been 3-4 weeks now, just checked, i bought it in the beginning of december.

Sparky4444

Reaction score
Actually if it works you would probably would see a bit of difference, doesn't it?
It's been 3-4 weeks now, just checked, i bought it in the beginning of december.

3 months, minimum, before you can say anything with any certainty..and that's even a stretch

ganonford

Established Member
Reaction score

What do you mean with a bit of difference?...

Do you mean a difference in your health?.. if so, then yeah, maybe you're right...

But if you mean a difference in your hair... then no, you are not a douche, you

are just delusional...

Unlike sparx, I would say that even three months is almost nothing...

Helios

Reaction score
What do you mean with a bit of difference?...

Do you mean a difference in your health?.. if so, then yeah, maybe you're right...

But if you mean a difference in your hair... then no, you are not a douche, you

are just delusional...

Unlike sparx, I would say that even three months is almost nothing...

Yeah, i was being sarcastic about the douche part, it was a response to that exaggerated LOL smiley.

Will keep on it than for another 3 months. Btw, i don't see any difference in my health, but that's maybe because i was already living pretty healthy.......if you let of the booze in the weekend. :)

DesperateOne

Banned
Reaction score
Good

I am gonna try Curcumin...from some of the reviews I've been reading, this stuff is pretty potent....I have these effin' stupid itchy skin rash breakouts that happen twice/week, just like clock-work, and curcumin is supposed to help with allergies and histamine related effects....after drinking more water laced with a bit of sea-salt, I'm down to one Reactine capsule per week...

....I am thinking that this aggressive allergy reaction that has gotten worse since I turned 40 is also hammering my scalp -- my hairloss has been unprecedented since I hate 40 and the allergy breakouts coincide with this...

...I also think that with DR'ing increasing blood flow and circulation, taking the supplements like Evening Primose, Curcumin, SP, Niacin, etc might actually be more advantageous now...

Curcumin is a powerhouse for anti inflammation. I am finding amusing that PrincesRAmbo had mentioned all these stuff months ago and now for some reason everyone is jumping on board. I actually put curcumin yesterday with some cocunut oil over night and the one huge drawback is the intense bright yellow, it doesn't even come off with soap, your body will just absorb the rest.

I had wanted to get on those pills but I calculated that buying all these different type of pills for anti inflammation would cost around $100 a month, out of my budget right now since I just got laid off.

A heads up for those of you who are getting into all these anti inflammatory pills, something worth to research is calcipotroil cream. Could be more useful than anything else, but do your research before trying it since it's an OTC cream

saintsfan92344

Established Member
Reaction score
Curcumin is a powerhouse for anti inflammation. I am finding amusing that PrincesRAmbo had mentioned all these stuff months ago and now for some reason everyone is jumping on board. I actually put curcumin yesterday with some cocunut oil over night and the one huge drawback is the intense bright yellow, it doesn't even come off with soap, your body will just absorb the rest.

I had wanted to get on those pills but I calculated that buying all these different type of pills for anti inflammation would cost around $100 a month, out of my budget right now since I just got laid off.

A heads up for those of you who are getting into all these anti inflammatory pills, something worth to research is calcipotroil cream. Could be more useful than anything else, but do your research before trying it since it's an OTC cream

I started circumin 500 and reservertrol about a month ago, princessRambo was definitely one of the most helpful posters, hopefully if things stay settled he will come back

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
Cucurmin is so old school with hairloss.. search any threads on the IH forum or google. The bioavailabiliy is **** also just like resverastrol. Better take crazy amout of it to see any difference hairlosswise. Maybe in a trasndermal cream or liposome supplements. Maybe Jacob knows?

Bioavailability of curcumin: problems and promises.

Anand P, Kunnumakkara AB, Newman RA, Aggarwal BB.
Author information

Abstract

Curcumin, a polyphenolic compound derived from dietary spice turmeric, possesses diverse pharmacologic effects including anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, antiproliferative and antiangiogenic activities. Phase I clinical trials have shown that curcumin is safe even at high doses (12 g/day) in humans but exhibit poor bioavailability. Major reasons contributing to the low plasma and tissue levels of curcumin appear to be due to poor absorption, rapid metabolism, and rapid systemic elimination. To improve the bioavailability of curcumin, numerous approaches have been undertaken. These approaches involve, first, the use of adjuvant like piperine that interferes with glucuronidation; second, the use of liposomal curcumin; third, curcumin nanoparticles; fourth, the use of curcumin phospholipid complex; and fifth, the use of structural analogues of curcumin (e.g., EF-24). The latter has been reported to have a rapid absorption with a peak plasma half-life. Despite the lower bioavailability, therapeutic efficacy of curcumin against various human diseases, including cancer, cardiovascular diseases, diabetes, arthritis, neurological diseases and Crohn's disease, has been documented. Enhanced bioavailability of curcumin in the near future is likely to bring this promising natural product to the forefront of therapeutic agents for treatment of human disease.

5 loxin or AKBA is also really awesome.
Vinpocetine
kills NF-KB a la source.

K

karankaran

But curcumin bio availability was affected a huge deal by co-administration of piperine (which is available as a supplement).

[h=1]Influence of piperine on the pharmacokinetics of curcumin in animals and human volunteers.[/h]Shoba G, Joy D, Joseph T, Majeed M, Rajendran R, Srinivas PS.
[h=3]Author information [/h]
[h=3]Abstract[/h]The medicinal properties of curcumin obtained from Curcuma longa L. cannot be utilised because of poor bioavailability due to its rapid metabolism in the liver and intestinal wall. In this study, the effect of combining piperine, a known inhibitor of hepatic and intestinal glucuronidation, was evaluated on the bioavailability of curcumin in rats and healthy human volunteers. When curcumin was given alone, in the dose 2 g/kg to rats, moderate serum concentrations were achieved over a period of 4 h. Concomitant administration of piperine 20 mg/kg increased the serum concentration of curcumin for a short period of 1-2 h post drug. Time to maximum was significantly increased (P < 0.02) while elimination half life and clearance significantly decreased (P < 0.02), and the bioavailability was increased by 154%. On the other hand in humans after a dose of 2 g curcumin alone, serum levels were either undetectable or very low. Concomitant administration of piperine 20 mg produced much higher concentrations from 0.25 to 1 h post drug (P < 0.01 at 0.25 and 0.5 h; P < 0.001 at 1 h), the increase in bioavailability was 2000%. The study shows that in the dosages used, piperine enhances the serum concentration, extent of absorption and bioavailability of curcumin in both rats and humans with no adverse effects.

- - - Updated - - -

Also i read somewhere that taking it along with resveratrol is great too...but i feel that with supplements like these, along with increasing bio-availability, you need to take mega doses too ...just my opinion....

Jacob

Reaction score
That one product I linked to contains it..liposomal..they also have a plain curcumin too: http://www.lifeosome.com/?page_id=211

Other options: http://www.epic4health.com/cuenbicu.html

http://www.pureencapsulations.com/rescu-sr.html

http://www.lef.org/Vitamins-Supplements/Item01808/Advanced-Bio-Curcumin-with-Ginger-Turmerones.html

http://leesilsby.com/enhansa-supplement-page-wk

http://www.longvida.com/index.php

- - - Updated - - -

Doctor's Best..NOW Foods etc all have the phytosome version. Swanson has this new one out: http://www.swansonvitamins.com/swanson-superior-herbs-controlled-release-curqfen-60-veg-caps ..think I may try that one for awhile..thanks guys for bringing this topic up again ;-)

K

karankaran

BTW , I will try to find studies linking it but I read that increasing NAD+ levels in body reverses inflammation and its effects to a huge extent.

Also, what do you guys think about Ginger effect on inflammation?

[h=1]Ginger--an herbal medicinal product with broad anti-inflammatory actions.[/h]Grzanna R, Lindmark L, Frondoza CG.
[h=3]Author information [/h]
[h=3]Abstract[/h]The anti-inflammatory properties of ginger have been known and valued for centuries. During the past 25 years, many laboratories have provided scientific support for the long-held belief that ginger contains constituents with antiinflammatory properties. The original discovery of ginger's inhibitory effects on prostaglandin biosynthesis in the early 1970s has been repeatedly confirmed. This discovery identified ginger as an herbal medicinal product that shares pharmacological properties with non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs. Ginger suppresses prostaglandin synthesis through inhibition of cyclooxygenase-1 and cyclooxygenase-2. An important extension of this early work was the observation that ginger also suppresses leukotriene biosynthesis by inhibiting 5-lipoxygenase. This pharmacological property distinguishes ginger from nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs. This discovery preceded the observation that dual inhibitors of cyclooxygenase and 5-lipoxygenase may have a better therapeutic profile and have fewer side effects than non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs. The characterization of the pharmacological properties of ginger entered a new phase with the discovery that a ginger extract (EV.EXT.77) derived from Zingiber officinale (family Zingiberaceae) and Alpina galanga (family Zingiberaceae) inhibits the induction of several genes involved in the inflammatory response. These include genes encoding cytokines, chemokines, and the inducible enzyme cyclooxygenase-2. This discovery provided the first evidence that ginger modulates biochemical pathways activated in chronic inflammation. Identification of the molecular targets of individual ginger constituents provides an opportunity to optimize and standardize ginger products with respect to their effects on specific biomarkers of inflammation. Such preparations will be useful for studies in experimental animals and humans.

Jacob

Reaction score
Looks good..makes me more interested in products like that LEF one I linked to above.

K

karankaran

Yeah... those forms look like they would greatly increase bio-availability.

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah... those forms look like they would greatly increase bio-availability.

The half-life of Cucurmin is still sh*t. Better overdose on it..Like through out the day. Liposome one looks good Jacob for sure!

Helios

Reaction score
Here's another good combo..hate the price though: http://www.restorehc.com/product/resveratrol-m

Just find a good bodybuilding site where you can buy supplements and buy them separately , they are a lot cheaper.

I used to buy them for working out and i think a bottle resveratrol, vit. d3 and beta-alanine together maybe costs as many as the bottle in your link. Btw, i read that beta-alanine is also good for the hair.