Fevi Released - Did It Do Anything?

Seuxin

Experienced Member
Reaction score
It is almost certainly going to ripping expensive, in my opinion. So much so, it will probably be out of reach for most balding folks.

A few reasons why it will be expensive:
  1. It’s a brand new drug, and new drugs nowadays are generally expensive.
  2. Because it’s a new drug, there are no generic alternatives.
  3. It’s a one-of-a-kind treatment, the only drug in its class (and therefore, no direct competition to help bring the cost down).
  4. It’s being hailed as a ‘game-changer’. A high-performing drug can demand a higher sticker price.
  5. It’s approved use will be to treat severe asthma that cannot be controlled with other medications. In other words, sales of the drug will not be driven by volume (lots of patients taking it), but by a small subset of asthma patients, whom will be charged a lot of money for the drug (Novartis has to make their money somehow).
  6. The cost of other asthma medications, some of which run into the hundreds of dollars per month (Zileuton, another unique oral drug for asthma that was released about 20 years ago, is an example).

How expensive will it be without insurance? Put it this way, a one month supply of oral Zileuton tablets for asthma, without insurance, costs about $3300 USD at my local Walmart. I think it’s probable that a month supply of fevi will also run into the thousands of dollars, even more expensive than Zileuton. Needless to say, this is both cost-prohibitive, and poor value (it’s effect on hair growth is nowhere near strong enough to justify spending that much money – you are better off getting multiple hair transplant treatments if you plan on coughing up that much dough).

Good comment !
I agree.

Btw, if Fevipiprant is easy to synthetise...maybe we could be able to get it a lot cheaper from a china lab.

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
It is almost certainly going to ripping expensive, in my opinion. So much so, it will probably be out of reach for most balding folks.

A few reasons why it will be expensive:
  1. It’s a brand new drug, and new drugs nowadays are generally expensive.
  2. Because it’s a new drug, there are no generic alternatives.
  3. It’s a one-of-a-kind treatment, the only drug in its class (and therefore, no direct competition to help bring the cost down).
  4. It’s being hailed as a ‘game-changer’. A high-performing drug can demand a higher sticker price.
  5. It’s approved use will be to treat severe asthma that cannot be controlled with other medications. In other words, sales of the drug will not be driven by volume (lots of patients taking it), but by a small subset of asthma patients, whom will be charged a lot of money for the drug (Novartis has to make their money somehow).
  6. The cost of other asthma medications, some of which run into the hundreds of dollars per month (Zileuton, another unique oral drug for asthma that was released about 20 years ago, is an example).

How expensive will it be without insurance? Put it this way, a one month supply of oral Zileuton tablets for asthma, without insurance, costs about $3300 USD at my local Walmart. I think it’s probable that a month supply of fevi will also run into the thousands of dollars, even more expensive than Zileuton. Needless to say, this is both cost-prohibitive, and poor value (it’s effect on hair growth is nowhere near strong enough to justify spending that much money – you are better off getting multiple hair transplant treatments if you plan on coughing up that much dough).

Just speculation. But an interesting theory.

Some companies out there might prefer a cheaper price point and sell more.

And also price points are different in different parts of the world. For instance in NZ certain asthma drugs are subsidised by govt.

stachu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It will not be a magic bullet as someone above said. So yeah, pretty useless for male pattern baldness/Androgenetic Alopecia

Throwaway94

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just speculation. But an interesting theory.

Some companies out there might prefer a cheaper price point and sell more.

And also price points are different in different parts of the world. For instance in NZ certain asthma drugs are subsidised by govt.

Unfortunately when Novartis finishes trialling it they'll have the patent for a solid 20 years before legitimate generics are available so what other companies might want to do is irrelevant.

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
It will not be a magic bullet as someone above said. So yeah, pretty useless for male pattern baldness/Androgenetic Alopecia
What the f*** are you talking about?

Some random person in a forum says”it won’t be a magic bullet” and you’re saying it’ll be useless for AA?

Have you not read any of the research papers and seen the regrowth on all the lucky fuckers that got to trial it?!?

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
Unfortunately when Novartis finishes trialling it they'll have the patent for a solid 20 years before legitimate generics are available so what other companies might want to do is irrelevant.

Maybe. Maybe not,

My point is not about what you think Novartis might do. But rather there are pharmaceutical companies out there that choose to sell more units for less as opposed to fewer units at a higher price point.

We don’t know what they will do.

stachu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What the f*** are you talking about?

Some random person in a forum says”it won’t be a magic bullet” and you’re saying it’ll be useless for AA?

Have you not read any of the research papers and seen the regrowth on all the lucky fuckers that got to trial it?!?

IT WILL BE USELESS FOR AA mark my words and f*** off for now... "random person" thanks god you aren't the random one lol!

mr_robot

Experienced Member
Reaction score
@westonci is the expert in Fevi here, can't remember his overall results, think they were decent

Nope, he spent thousands of dollars on Seti and gave up in the end and admitted that all of his results where probably due to PGE1. Fevi is likely to have the same fate because as I keep on having to say here is that inhibitors dont cause regrowth.

HairOnFire

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
But rather there are pharmaceutical companies out there that choose to sell more units for less as opposed to fewer units at a higher price point.

The problem in this case is that Novartis is limited in the number of units they can sell. Only a small group of asthma patients will be eligible for this drug (namely, those with the severest form of asthma that can't be controlled with other drugs), and thus only a small number of people are capable of buying units. Therefore, Novartis has little choice but to go with the 'fewer units at a higher price point' model. I suppose it's possible in the future that Novartis conducts further studies and obtains FDA approval for milder forms of asthma, in which case they can sell the drug to many more people, possibly at a lower price point. They can also expand their pool of customers if they branch out and get fevi approved for other diseases - like androgenetic alopecia (!!!) - assuming they can show that it actually works for these other diseases.

Either way, we shouldn't have to guess too much longer on what the price will be, since it should be on the market in the relatively near future.

HairOnFire

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Good comment !
I agree.

Btw, if Fevipiprant is easy to synthetise...maybe we could be able to get it a lot cheaper from a china lab.

I think this is probably the only option, at least for a while, that will be available for balding people who want to try this drug.

OneDay_NW0

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
IT WILL BE USELESS FOR AA mark my words and f*** off for now... "random person" thanks god you aren't the random one lol!

I guess discussions would be easier, if 'androgenic alopecia' and 'alopecia areta' wouldn't start with the same letters.

Trauma

My Regimen
Reaction score

Use 'Androgenetic Alopecia' when referring to Androgenic Alopecia, as AA is usually in reference to Alopecia Areata.

Edit: it comes out as the full definition of the abbrev. everytime I try to write it. A-G-A, sorry.

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
Nope, he spent thousands of dollars on Seti and gave up in the end and admitted that all of his results where probably due to PGE1. Fevi is likely to have the same fate because as I keep on having to say here is that inhibitors dont cause regrowth.
Nope, Seti FAILED IN EACH AND EVERY CLINICAL TRIAL MADE, while Fevi was a success on every clinical trial made.

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, sure, Cause you say so. You can even tell call androgenetic alopecia ( Androgenetic Alopecia ) right, so you call it like alopecia Areata ( AA ) .
Plain and simple, you are an idiot that make an statement basically, in what you think, without any knowledge at all.

stachu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, sure, Cause you say so. You can even tell call androgenetic alopecia ( Androgenetic Alopecia ) right, so you call it like alopecia Areata ( AA ) .
Plain and simple, you are an idiot that make an statement basically, in what you think, without any knowledge at all.

Hahahah! Nice try lol, everyone knows what i meant. And surely i meant androgenic alopecia

Ps. its a *bait*

ffar1989

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If it will be released, I am definitely add this into my treatment right now. And see what it does.

To remind, I use to do finasteride(0.25 every day) for 11 weeks. Quit because inability to get erection. It had great impact for hairs already after 3 weeks I noticed difference and it got better every day… Hairs come back in “pre-finasteride” state after 3 months.

Now almost year after I quit finasteride, I am on Minoxidil pill 1mg per day, and Nizoral shampoo every Friday and Monday. I am only doing it for 3 weeks and results are even better than finasteride. Zero hair loss, hair became thicker and zero sides from it.

Seuxin

Experienced Member
Reaction score
AFAIK, Wuhan can sell Fevipiprant at 800$ gr ! It's totally useless at this price....no-one will buy it.

Mr White

Established Member
Reaction score
This sounds promising, I don't come to these forums very often and I had never heard of fevi. Three questions:

a) What is the brand name?

b) What company is going to sell it?

c) How do you apply it, is this a topical lotion?

Thanks in advance!