Fevi Clinical Trials Ending Soon. - - - - - -

Folliman

Established Member
Reaction score
Just trying to bring some hope to everyone,

As you may know Fevipiprant is going through multiple phase 3 trials at the moment.

https://www.evaluate.com/vantage/ar...ing-events-novartiss-asthma-zeal-and-alnylams

It will take 6 to 10 months to process the file to make it commercially available.

If they wait till all their trials end, Novartis will be filing around April 2020, which means that if approved the drug could be available to everyone some time between October 2020 and February 2021.

I was disappointed when Fevi's phase 3 clinical trials were rescheduled to conclude on December 2019 instead of the initially planned November 2018, it really sucked, but now the trials (the step that requires the most time and money) are almost out of the way.

This is a very exciting time. :)

Edit:
Update December 5th,
Novartis is still planning to file the new drug application in 2020. Fingers crossed.
https://www.novartis.com/sites/www....05-novartis-r-d-day-investor-presentation.pdf

Edit:
GAME OVER
The last trials failed:
https://www.fiercebiotech.com/biotech/novartis-dumps-asthma-program-after-another-set-phase-3-flops

Last edited:

hairloss_user

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah but then someone else said that it would be expensive as hell and probably out of reach for most of us, so that sucks

Folliman

Established Member
Reaction score
It could be, but nobody knows or can know the price at this point. That depends on Novartis' business strategy. We can just hope for something not cheap but affordable.

hairloss_user

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's for asthma but supposedly works for hairloss too. I think you can maintain with it like finasteride. Not sure about regrowth?

FilthyFrancis

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's for asthma but supposedly works for hairloss too. I think you can maintain with it like finasteride. Not sure about regrowth?
From what I've been reading on other HairLossTalk.com threads, it seems this treatment works for maintenance (not regrowth) in most cases.

My main concerns are:
  • It is today very expensive (at around $3k a year) but we can hope that FDA approval would lead to process industrialization and lower costs
  • Long-term sides
  • With Fevi being an asthma medication, getting a prescription for hairloss will be tough anyway

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
From what I've been reading on other HairLossTalk.com threads, it seems this treatment works for maintenance (not regrowth) in most cases.

My main concerns are:
  • It is today very expensive (at around $3k a year) but we can hope that FDA approval would lead to process industrialization and lower costs
  • Long-term sides
  • With Fevi being an asthma medication, getting a prescription for hairloss will be tough anyway

- Whew I can afford $3k so that’s awesome
- I know people taking it and havent heard anything negative so far
- If I have to rob a chemist i will (i actually won’t but when there’s a will there’s a way). You might have to fake symptoms. All depends how far you’re willing to go ;)

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score

My main concerns are:
  • Long-term sides
Oh and I know people who are regrowing on their temples and putting it down to fevi

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
gonna need some proof chief

Fair call, my comment is only based on what I’ve seen people post in other forums. While I can’t and won’t break anybody else’s anonymity what I do feel comfortable saying is that some people out there are claiming success and I’ve seen some pics that gave me a glimmer of hope.

Unfortunately I’m not your proof bro - just a small dottering of hope.

Similarly I’d request anybody saying that Fevi doesn’t provide regrowth needs to also provide a source for that.

I’m definitely not saying what I’ve seen is a miracle cure either. But something is better than nothing :)

Mr White

Established Member
Reaction score
Fingers crossed! This and breezula are my favorite new treatments. Let's hope corruption and corporate greed don't get in the way.

kiwipilu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
yay, a pill taken for an unrelated condition to hopefully possibly slow hairloss. What could go wrong?

I luv pills! I would take mine daily with a big smile on my face. I would not even mind having light side effects like maintaining hairs : D
don't forget setipiprant has also been studied for male pattern baldness. And on paper fevi is more potent (they say..)
Let's wait for data,; maybe some norwood 4/5 claimed regrowth during trials ;o
At this point I put more expectation on random drugs than drug being developped for hairloss.

Surprise me Drugs! because my account is starting to get old

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
I luv pills! I would take mine daily with a big smile on my face. I would not even mind having light side effects like maintaining hairs : D
don't forget setipiprant has also been studied for male pattern baldness. And on paper fevi is more potent (they say..)
Let's wait for data,; maybe some norwood 4/5 claimed regrowth during trials ;o
At this point I put more expectation on random drugs than drug being developped for hairloss.

Surprise me Drugs! because my account is starting to get old
You win best internet of the day for that

kiwipilu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You win best internet of the day for that

that sounds like a good thing.
let's wait for the feverpiprant We wil eat some asthma pill for dinner. I want to see the face of my family Doctor when I will ask him a prescription for these. (Lets pretend the price will be cheap) . then I will wait for regrow because fevi is better than seti which is better then ceti that is not sarcastic at all.:eek:

Jimmerson

My Regimen
Reaction score
That’s how they discovered finasteride

And minoxidil too. If it works for hair loss and is safe there is a 0% chance novartis throws that money away, especially since they can skip pre clinical and maybe phase 1 trials.

SamFT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
yay, a pill taken for an unrelated condition to hopefully possibly slow hairloss. What could go wrong?
You realize that’s how the medical field works right? A lot of treatments have been found by accident.

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
It was just a misunderstanding you guys. We’re all on the same page :)

f*****g hairless!

Long John Silver

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Bros I don't think this will be out soon unless someone has already made it. Suspect years to go for full clearance and then we would need to beg our docs for off label use.