Feelings of disconnection

Greg1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Deaner said:
One question related to the way I feel lately: Can quitting smoking (and subsequently through withdrawal and whatnot) cause these feelings of disconnection and depression?

Oh yea BIG TIME! Deaner, you summed it up when you stated "withdrawl". If that is what's happening, it sounds like you are quitting cold turkey?

chewbaca

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Cornholio said:
chewbaca said:
try to live in past sweet memories...think of the gal u once loved, got rejected or your first crush which u cant forget...

Sigh... Ok, now Im depressed. That doesn't work.

it works for me......

Cuse ultimately your past expereinces are the path to spirituality..At least for most people anyway....it is in fact a good theraphy to forget current problems.....if u live in the past, your current problems may have time catching up wif u...sometimes not at all...cause there is something from the past laying dormant filling up the void denying the present to take over....As u know the ghosts of the past are dead...the dead cant affect u but the living present can...It can shape your future......Just like how your past did....but the problem is a while later presents do take over and give u more problems....or more blissful consequences....

Petch

Reaction score
chewbaca said:
Cornholio said:
chewbaca said:
try to live in past sweet memories...think of the gal u once loved, got rejected or your first crush which u cant forget...

Sigh... Ok, now Im depressed. That doesn't work.

it works for me......

Cuse ultimately your past expereinces are the path to spirituality..At least for most people anyway....it is in fact a good theraphy to forget current problems.....if u live in the past, your current problems may have time catching up wif u...sometimes not at all...cause there is something from the past laying dormant filling up the void denying the present to take over....As u know the ghosts of the past are dead...the dead cant affect u but the living present can...It can shape your future......Just like how your past did....but the problem is a while later presents do take over and give u more problems....or more blissful consequences....

It's called living in the past, which sucks for obvious reasons. Best thing to do is just face your problems head on. They ain't gonna go away.

Deaner

Reaction score
Greg1, this is a cold turkey attempt, yes. I told my girlfriend I'd quit smoking for her, and it's been a couple days without a cigarette now. I wasn't sure if it could affect you in such a major way.

Beano

Reaction score
Try looking at as many sunrises and sunseets as you can. Your eyes cannot filter yellow light. One of the main chemical ingredients of sunlight is lithium, aswe all know, is prescribed as a strong anti depressant. As the light is yellowest at these times, the eyes do not filter it and you get lithium dirext to yuor brain.

whatthehell

Reaction score
initially after i started losing lots of hair and being so young i felt like you, but the ni thought f*** it, its gonna happen gotta live it with it, no need to keep it on top of my mind all the time ;)
go out enjoy life, and if anyone gives you any problems tell them to f*** off, just go out enjoy the sun and relax

dead

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Bismarck said:
Beano said:
One of the main chemical ingredients of sunlight is lithium

WTF ????

Bismarck didn't you know this ?

Sunlight is made from lithium + protein + milk + eggs + flour + hydrogen + fire

Nicholas

Reaction score
nicholas

Quitting any form of regular nicotine use, will result in some kind of withdrawal issue. Of course almost none of the male quitters admit this. I mean they´re big strong masculine and would neeever shed a tear for a f**.

Nicotine stimulates the dopamine producing part of the brain. Dopamine makes us feel good, and with the help of drugs it´s possible to feel a little bit better whenever we want to. At least for a while, until the addiction begins to develop. Now your dopamine "factory" is confused:" Where the heeee** is my nicotine? Can´t make happy puppy dopamine without it..."
Expect a bumpy ride for a couple of weeks. Good decision to quit by the way!

Mitter

Reaction score
hey dreaner

i can be having simlar feelings (depresson and bad) is sometimes diffrent food or prassably nizoral (pink hair lice shanpoo) inside poland depress guys is simlar to homsexual guys (like USA bummer guy)..

when branco feel like pigshit ican drink all vodka to make sick onto friends

Thank you

Branco

Mitter

Reaction score
bartman654 said:
Branco ur somone else, and ur a douche bag
hey hello bartman654

i am no to cause trouble, maybe just to help with diffrent information (simlar to "diffrent points of view") there can be no reason to call me duche bag (like pigshit??)

Thank you branco

Mitter

Reaction score
bartman654 said:
u reak of someone pretending they are foreign
hey bartman654

ha hah !! is so!! , from small village outside of Krakow (inside Poland) is very easy for Branco to play game like foreign man becrase I am foreign man !!!! >>inside Poland you can become foreign man<<

I have not make post for fight only to help or find diffrent infromation.

thank you

Branco

Salgado

Reaction score
Help Hair fallens,

I know Bronco for short time some. But only a long time after that I realsised he were real man. Not gays as many hair fallens gang suspectead.

TourdeForce24

Established Member
Reaction score
Deaner, you aren't going to want to hear this but Propecia can cause depression and feelings of brain fog- often making you feel as if you are just floating through life. I was going through the same thing before I stopped it and now I feel like I am back to normal. Maybe you should lower your dosage for a week or so and see how you feel. Remembering your past responses though to anything negative at all about Propecia, I suspect you will just lash out at me with another one.

Vinton Harper

Established Member
Reaction score
Melbs said:
I made a decision one day as i looked in the mirror... and i said "f*** this... im going to be happy and appreciate all the good things around me and ignore my insecurities" Realistically there probably are more good things in your life than bad. Within a few days i was feeling much better and people started noticing the vibe i was putting out was right again. Nothing has changed as far as the bad things in my life a month ago, they're still there, but i am not letting it get to me and instead im snowballing in the opposite direction toward happiness. Give it a go... look in the mirror and say "f*** this, im going to be happy"

* Believe it or not, this is not a medically proven remedy... but it worked for me!
I can vouch for using that method too. Sometimes you just have to kick yourself in the *** to get yourself going.

Greg1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Deaner said:
Greg1, this is a cold turkey attempt, yes. I told my girlfriend I'd quit smoking for her, and it's been a couple days without a cigarette now. I wasn't sure if it could affect you in such a major way.

Wow Deaner! I'd say congrats except for the withdrawls that you're having:( I guess that's why things like nicotine patches decrease the dosage over time so that your body acclimates to the change gradually. So I guess that if you're hitting it this bad you might consider trying the patch or something of similar function.