Feeling Helpless...need some advice

cthor

Reaction score
Hi guys,

First off, I am a 27 year old Asian male. About 2 years ago I noticed my hair line receding. I told myself nothing was going to happen because no one else in my family has hair loss. Now two years later, that receding hairline is going and has not looked back. I have also noticed the crown of my head becoming more and more apparent with lighter and lighter hair. So I decided it was time to do something about it. I reached out a couple doctors and both suggested hair transplant with Propecia for the rest of my life. Well, my donor area is not too strong but could be done. I am a little weary of having a scar back there for the rest of my life especially if I like to wear my hair short on the sides and back in the summers. Then I went and started looking into Propecia. There have been guys out there that all they did was go on propecia and its helped them. I don’t know whether to believe that or not. I have been thinking about at least giving propecia a try for a year before doing anything surgical but at the same time I don’t want to wait.

Can you guys give me some advice? Surgery would mean I’d still have to go on Propecia forever to stop any further hair loss. From my pictures do you guys think Propecia will help me as a standalone?

Any advice would be great. No one in my family has ever experienced hairloss. I have friends that experienced it in their early twenties and just went bald but I feel out of the loop since this didn’t start until a couple years ago. I really have no one to turn to. I have a couple photos attached. The doctors I have talked to seemed pretty proactive about hair transplant but at the same time I understand they are still trying to sell a product.

Attachments

• IMG_2973.jpg
    IMG_2973.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 214
  • IMG_2979.jpg
    IMG_2979.jpg
    5.9 KB · Views: 215

TD500

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Give the big 3 a try

finasteride
minoxidil
Nizoral

evaluate after a year or so then decide for a hair transplant.

cthor

Reaction score
I'll give this a try. What are your opinions on Min and nizoral products from eBay?

cthor

Reaction score
What is the best way to approach minoxidil? Just run into my widows peak where I want hair growth or everywhere? I understand this is going to be a lifelong commitment and if I stop it'll get worse. Will the propecia stop my lost if I stop using minoxidil?

TD500

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I'd do it all on the top including the bald temple areas. minoxidil hairs are dependent on minoxidil so if you stop it even while on propecia you will lose it.

cthor

Reaction score
That's a little scary for me but I'm in this all the way so will give it a try. Any further advice would be great