Feeling Desperate And Depressed, Please Help

real kombo

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Guys, I'm 20 and I'v been balding since I was 16. I've been on 1mg finasteride for 4 years now. I was also using 10% minoxidil with 0.2 solution but recently I had to switch pharmacies because my scalp was getting irritated all of a sudden so I assumed it was the propylene glycol in the bottle......I ordered it from the new pharmacy without the propylene glycol and I am now experiencing a MASSIVE SHED!!!! I don't know what to do, I feel as if I'm damned if I do and damned if I don't. If I continue the new prescription I lose hair. If I stop it I lose hair. I'm not sure if I should stop it and use another treatment like S5. Please some advice I'm terrified!

Attachments

• 20171214_094515.jpg
    20171214_094515.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 396
  • 20171210_051547.jpg
    20171210_051547.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 393
  • 20171210_051553.jpg
    20171210_051553.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 386

WTS3

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It could just be part of the hair cycle. You could always experience growth following a shed. I certainly wouldn't stop treatment.

stachu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Why are you depressed?

durian

My Regimen
Reaction score
Why are depresed? Your hair lok very very good realy. But you as a person are a litlle bit creepy ;)

Johnmpb

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Guys, I'm 20 and I'v been balding since I was 16. I've been on 1mg finasteride for 4 years now. I was also using 10% minoxidil with 0.2 solution but recently I had to switch pharmacies because my scalp was getting irritated all of a sudden so I assumed it was the propylene glycol in the bottle......I ordered it from the new pharmacy without the propylene glycol and I am now experiencing a MASSIVE SHED!!!! I don't know what to do, I feel as if I'm damned if I do and damned if I don't. If I continue the new prescription I lose hair. If I stop it I lose hair. I'm not sure if I should stop it and use another treatment like S5. Please some advice I'm terrified!
Where do u get high strength minoxidil in the us?

real kombo

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just ride it out and see if you get some regrowth man. Keep your head up.

I'm thinking about stopping the minoxidil and adding in the S5 plus cream here, maybe even dutasteride plus PRP/laser. Money isn't an issue, I've read some conflicting reports that something better may be out in 2-3 years and I want to try to hold on as long as I can. What do you think I should do?

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey man, how long have you been on dutasteride? Is it helping you?
I'm on a very extreme regimen so I can't really speak for how much just the dutasteride is doing.

real kombo

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm on a very extreme regimen so I can't really speak for how much just the dutasteride is doing.

How long have you been using the dutasteride, along with the other things? Is your regiment overall helping you? I'm strongly considering adding dutasteride

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
How long have you been using the dutasteride, along with the other things? Is your regiment overall helping you? I'm strongly considering adding dutasteride
well, I started everything at around the same time during this last summer. yes, my regimen is helping me a ton

real kombo

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
well, I started everything at around the same time during this last summer. yes, my regimen is helping me a ton

What is estradiol? The cyproterone? What norwood are you now, and what norwood were you before treatments? Did you get a shed from the dutasteride? I mean, it's only been 4-5 months for you, yes? Were you on finasteride prior to that?

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
@real kombo

Are you using the foam version of Minoxidil? I don't think they can make that in ten percent,
am I wrong?

You need to start using the smaller (five percent) foam version. I personally think your dosage
is too high.

Why did you start out on such a high dosage of Minoxidil?

When I was your age, two percent did the trick for me.

real kombo

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@real kombo

Are you using the foam version of Minoxidil? I don't think they can make that in ten percent,
am I wrong?

You need to start using the smaller (five percent) foam version. I personally think your dosage
is too high.

Why did you start out on such a high dosage of Minoxidil?

When I was your age, two percent did the trick for me.

I have very aggressive hairloss, I used 10% for years and it worked, but if this shed continues I will go back to the 5%. I'm using a liquid, not a foam.

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
That's the issue. Foam was designed to fix all of the problems you are having.

They can't make a high concentration Minoxidil foam solution, with ten percent.

Just use it more frequently.