Feeling blue

lovemyhair

Established Member
Reaction score
At work today, people began noticing my thinning hair. But most disturbing, guys who are bald and ones with hair are all joking about. What a cruel world. Don't know what else to say.

do comb in

Reaction score
Take it easy on yourself though dude

Hairloss need not be the problem it once was. Do some research and check out your options

:)

s.a.f

Reaction score
The bald guys are secretly wishing their hair was 'thinning'. :whistle:

monitoradiation

Established Member
Reaction score
I agree with saf. They're probably thinking "Ahhh the good ol' days of hair... I wish I had 'thinning hair'..."

But then again, I'm sure they're just having a chuckle. People'll forget about it in a few days... It's like meeting a gorgeous girl for the first time. Within a few days of hanging out, you quickly forget exactly how gorgeous they were. Happens a lot (to me, anyway)

ali777

Reaction score
s.a.f said:
The bald guys are secretly wishing their hair was 'thinning'. :whistle:

Haha.... That's a brilliant answer :woot: ...

You made my day :punk:

Bald Dave

Established Member
Reaction score
Don't worry about it dude. Im pretty sure they were only joking but yet some people can be pretty unsensitive at times. People wouldn't dare make fun of someone because of their size or the colour of skin but yet its considered ok to redicule someone because they are bald/balding :jackit:

Most bald/balding people don't care about hairloss and can easily accept it and move on but for a small percentage of people like us it can be very difficult to move on. Many people will say "don't worry about it - its only hair!" But thats easier said than done. Many people in my work will say stupid things like "do you get a discount when you go to the barbers" and "is that your head or is your neck blowing a bubble". I tried explaining to some people that baldness is a sign of high testosterone but all they say is "thats what bald men say to make themselves feel better" - Total wankers :jackit:

addajc

Established Member
Reaction score
It sucks at 24 to be worrying about hairloss.

Ok so im not exactly bald(receding slightly at corners and some overall thinning),but its knowing that sooner or later i will be bald, leaves me feeling depressed...Its weird, a few years ago i never took any notice of hair.Not once did i notice a receding hairline on people.Now im looking all the time at guys hair its crazy!!

Thank the lord for toppik!!I was considering going on the big 3 but i'm concerned about the effects it might have on my body.I'm with a modeling agency and i need to keep my body ripped and toned(about 5% body fat).What are you opinions on this ??

Bald Dave said:
Don't worry about it dude. Im pretty sure they were only joking but yet some people can be pretty unsensitive at times. People wouldn't dare make fun of someone because of their size or the colour of skin but yet its considered ok to redicule someone because they are bald/balding :jackit:

Most bald/balding people don't care about hairloss and can easily accept it and move on but for a small percentage of people like us it can be very difficult to move on. Many people will say "don't worry about it - its only hair!" But thats easier said than done. Many people in my work will say stupid things like "do you get a discount when you go to the barbers" and "is that your head or is your neck blowing a bubble". I tried explaining to some people that baldness is a sign of high testosterone but all they say is "thats what bald men say to make themselves feel better" - Total wankers :jackit:

monitoradiation

Established Member
Reaction score
If you're a model (I'm not sure if that's what you mean) then I'm sure you're ranked pretty high on the looks scale. Try shaving your head; it might suit you and you might absolutely love it and won't care anymore.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
LMH, try buzzing your head on 0 with no guard.

Dan_NW2

Reaction score
Just what the f*** is up with those insenitive workplace comments? It's like no one could get past that high school phase and just like high school, make stupid comments, hang out in "im better than you cliques" and if your not young and beatiful or handsome your an outcast. f*** work! I wish I can telecommute! A few weeks ago the twenty something year old hottie who sits behind my cube put in a work order to facilities to install flourescent light bulbs on the lamp directly above me because she felt it was still too dark for her. I immediately protested and told her it would literally be blinding and she said it was for her plant and it was dying. f*** THE PLANT!! Well no sooner than I stand there protesting this ..when all of a sudden ..out of nowhere 2 other girls form her clique, one being in her thirties turns to me and says th following. "Whats the matter Dan...does flourescent lightening make your hair look thin?" And all three of them just burst into laughter and the b**ch got her way. Truth is..sh*t yeah ...im thinning and that lighting above me doesnt help. So now I have to request moving cubes again because everyone who stops by my cube just stares at my fucked up hair rather than talk about the real issues at hand. Maybe I'll move to the corporate basement away from this childish sh*t I deal with.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Women love that lighting it makes their ageing skin look better.
Leave a nice big turd in her draw. :agree:

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Well at least you will know whose cubicle to visit first on bring your gun to work day.