feel so low my wife has told someone i gonna use popicia

shay

Reaction score
tonight im gutted my stupid wife has only gone and told someone who i wouldnt even concider a friend im losing my hair, and that ive ordered some propecia. i feel like sh*t and know its only time b4 someone cracks a joke. how bad is that or im a over reacting?

everysixseconds

Established Member
Reaction score
shay said:
tonight im gutted my stupid wife has only gone and told someone who i wouldnt even concider a friend im losing my hair, and that ive ordered some propecia. i feel like sh*t and know its only time b4 someone cracks a joke. how bad is that or im a over reacting?

hay shay. dont let that get to you. you'll wake up tomorrow morning and it'll be at the back of your mind.

not worth i single incy wincy bit of resentment. i can, however, appreciate how you feel. your wife shouldnt have done that. not the most understanding person in the world...

elguapo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Sounds like an issue of trust to me. Did you tell her not to tell anybody? Why would she.

Yeah, get over it, because you have to anyway. But I'd be pretty pissed myself.

shay

Reaction score
she was asked

just to say she was asked but claims that she was only try to help???
to see if propecia could be bought cheaper? but i wouldnt of even told my mum the pain my hair loss causes.

mre

Reaction score
I would be pissed if my girl friend told people. However, the fact that she told someone could be an indicator that she takes the whole hairloss thing lightly. Yes, it's important to you, but the fact that she didn't think it was a big deal could be taken as a positive that she loves you for who you are and isn't concerned about your hairloss.

Remember, we hate the hairloss, but not everyone thinks it's the end of the world, especially those who love us.

MrBen

Reaction score
Hell I told my dentist and parents. I don't care. Why be embarassed? It's only hair. If I was taking something for pubic hair loss, I wouldn't be telling people :p

ix

Established Member
Reaction score
dude, if people can tell you're thinning..you shouldn't be embarassed about getting propecia.. just joke about it before they do and they won't joke

markelbentley

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah, ive pretty much told everybody. Whenever someone mentions hairloss , I quickly tell them about my rogaine, propecia regimen. They wont talk sh*t if you do it this way. If they do, at least its out in the open. Othr people, if theyre not *** holes, dont really care and wont bring it up. A lot of people will ask me advice about what to do about hairloss.

Green Soap

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah man, it's your wife, you don't want to have bad feelings between the two of you over something as silly as this.

Yes, you're going bald but you're doing something to prevent it.

Look. Women get weaves, boob jobs, use diet pills to lose the fat off their big asses, fake contact lenses, etc.

We.... lose our hair. So what. Joking about it with her and with your friends will help you get over it all.....fast!

Remember, she's going to be your wife and he's going to be someone you know, bald or not. Be cool, my brotha, be cool.

The Gardener

Reaction score
ix said:
dude, if people can tell you're thinning..you shouldn't be embarassed about getting propecia.. just joke about it before they do and they won't joke

Ix's advice is really good. So is Green Soap's right above. Couldn't have said it better myself.

Getting there

Reaction score
Yeah members of my family and closest friend who know have all told at least one other person about my regime. My mother in particular feels she has to tell most of her friends, even her ironing lady.

But back to my friends, I feel as though it's such a significant step for me to make that if I couldn't even 'keep it to myself' I can understand my friend needing to just tell someone.

No one has mentioned anything to my face or made jokes but I do know some work people have found out. While I don't kow or care what they say to each other, the fact is people have mentioned how good I look these days (particular girls at work who wouldn't know about the regime).

My point is, that while people can talk or make jokes, you're the one whose appearance is improving, while they're the ones whose isn't. You're really the one who's laughing!

hairschmair

Established Member
Reaction score
Would you guys feel/act differently if you were taking treatments when in fact your hairloss is not visible yet?

Would you still tell everyone, etc?

Jay

Glassjaw

Reaction score
heh

You need to slap her around a bit and show her who is boss. Make sure she knows not to insult the man ever again.

GeminiX

Reaction score
A couple of years ago, when I started coming out to my closest friends that I was trans-gendered I had to build up to it each time. Each separate person I told was informed with no uncertain terms that what I was telling them was in strictest confidence and not another souls was to be told as I had to be extremely careful in how the information got around.

Gradually, with each person I told it got easier and easier, and now it does not bother me at all (I even do a regular spot on local radio, and in a way I've grown to quite like the attention).

If I were in your shoes right now, I would be completely open. If anyone asks, say "Yeah, I thought it might be thinning a little so I figured I'd pop a few pills to fend it off 'till middle age", then laugh it off!.

D

hairschmair

Established Member
Reaction score
Recently I had to fill out a form for a doctor, which included a question about prescription medication.

I wrote down finasteride 1mg/day. When then doctor saw this, he looked confused and asked "what is this stuff?".

I looked at him and calmly said "oh, it's for hairloss. When you notice that you're starting to lose hair, you just take a pill a day and it stops you from going bald".

If you present it in that way (just a pill a day that stops you from going bald) people would probably be quite understanding, especially if they are receding themselves.

G

That fact that the only person who you really should be able to trust in the world has let you down and has made you feel like sh*t. It's not a case over overeacting. the case is this. What you discussed with her was private and between the two of you.

Your mind will be racing from now on. What other things has she told people that are personnel to you.

You need to talk to her and make her understand that yes it's only a pill, but it's a private issue between the two of you which should go no further.

My ex wife was a bit like this so I left her in the end. You find people like that go running to mummy and daddy when things don't go their way.

Sorry but it's true.

Greg1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Way to go ix and Green Tea! I feel that you've hit this one on the head. When I was reading this post Shay, I was thinking to myself that if you're thinning is noticable, others have already seen it already. In this situation, aim at thinking the best of your wife. Afterall, she is your wife and by slaming her you're slaming yourself as you chose her as your one and only. Make it a point to only speak good of her, and honor her when you talk about her. I'm sure that you've got lots of bridges built between the two of you so go ahead and cross one of them and ask her in a non-judgemental way, why she shared that sensitive info. Also, maybe try to paint a word picture of how that made you feel when it was shared with someone else. Ladies are all about feeling and word pictures are very effective tools to help them understand how you're feeling about something. Eeesh! There I go, sounding like a counselor or something but I guess my training in understanding people is bleeding through:)

G

Greg, she let him down plain in simple. The guy feels like sh*t. She should have realised this.