Feel Like My Hair Is Thinning But Doesn’t Seem To Be In A Pattern...

BMax

My Regimen
Reaction score
Have a look around for a compunding phara. The hair place you went to should be able to give you a perscription.

The tables are different for everyone, not much point in reading how bad it is for one person vs another, when the sides start can also vary.

If its a concern i would try and source topical it is much less like to cause side and there are good studies to support topical fina at .25% and other % as well.

London32

My Regimen
Reaction score
They don’t do topical at Belgravia and UK online pharmacies only do the pill.

That was the best I could find. All UK sites seem to link the topical finastride search to the pill.

London32

My Regimen
Reaction score
Up for if anyone knows a decent place to source topical minoxidil/finastride or whether the above website is trustworthy?

London32

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks. Quick question on Finastride, does it stop your body producing DHT/reduce the amount?

Does it affect testosterone in your system if it isn’t being converted to DHT, or does it stop DHT binding to the hair?

Does it affect say, muscle mass?

London32

My Regimen
Reaction score
Also. Is it true that it increases oestrogen in a male body by 15%?

This is a concerning statistic for me. I go to the gym regularly and don’t want female hormones.

I’d feel more comfortable if it remained as free testosterone than oestrogen.

Thansk

Who Farted

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Definitely diffusing, definitely male pattern baldness. It’s not that bad, but it’s not going to stop. You might keep your hairline, but it’s just going to keep getting thinner. Unfortunately, finasteride is probably your only shot here.

Diffuse thinners are not usually considered candidates for hair transplants. People with alopecia Areata aren’t either. Having both means it’s going to be hard to find someone who will do it and even harder to get any kind of decent result. Even if you got a good result you would need finasteride to have any hope of keeping it.

You just have to ask how important your hair is to you and the answer to that will help you decide whether finasteride is worth it or not.

London32

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ok, thanks.

A few questions for anyone who has taken finastride:

- Does it affect muscle mass?

- Does it actually increase estrogen by 15%?

- Does topical work as well as the pill?

- Does it stop DHT being produced or simply stop DHT binding to your hair?

London32

My Regimen
Reaction score
Definitely diffusing, definitely male pattern baldness. It’s not that bad, but it’s not going to stop. You might keep your hairline, but it’s just going to keep getting thinner. Unfortunately, finasteride is probably your only shot here.

Diffuse thinners are not usually considered candidates for hair transplants. People with alopecia Areata aren’t either. Having both means it’s going to be hard to find someone who will do it and even harder to get any kind of decent result. Even if you got a good result you would need finasteride to have any hope of keeping it.

You just have to ask how important your hair is to you and the answer to that will help you decide whether finasteride is worth it or not.

Apparently it isn’t diffuse thinning but overall pattern thinning which are apparently two very different things.

The donor area is strong so it isn’t diffuse, so they said.

Last edited: