Feel depressed after going to a bar last night..

Feelsbadman

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's all a matter of perspective. Most bald losers on here would give all they own to have a gf who they like for a single week. You lasted a few months with her. You're bald so that number is only going to increase; in 10 years it will be 12 years etc. My advice still applies; a bald guy has no business going to bars and thinking of picking up.

As for that subtle art book, I read the 'Models' book by the same author and I'm sorry to say that the material is completely ineffective. I'm sure that the stuff works for guys with hair. After feeling ripped off, I decided that I didn't want to buy another book by that author again. I have stopped reading these 'how to live' or self help style books now; the modern ones all seem very similar. I will read pure philosophy though.

Recent books that I enjoyed: The Day of the Jackal, Fahrenheit 451, Thinking fast and slow, Influence, Wiseguy/Goodfellas. I also read a book of Nietzsche; it was very tough but really worth it in the end. I'm also reading Darwin's original book on natural selection; maybe it's outdated nowadays but I want to get through it. I'll also pick up a Stephen Hawking book after that then maybe some more technical science books if I'm still interested.

One other book that I recently started is "If this is a man" by Primo Levi. I really like the way that it is written almost like an adventure novel, but it's all true and horrific. Jordan Peterson is a fan of books like these, that explain a person's experience in the most hellish situation. Being bald in today's society really is the worst life to live, but this reminds us that there were/are times and places where people went through and survived even worse. Books like this won't make you feel any less pain about baldness but it will give you some perspective.

TLDR. As a bald guy, I recommend try to read more books that teach you something new or make you think/question things rather than these 'how to live' style books. You might spend 20 minutes on dating apps per day and all for nothing because you're bald. Put those 20 minutes into reading a good book and you'll have new perspectives in a few weeks.

Cheers,
Yea i spend way too much time on social media (depressing) ... i need t o replace that with reading/acquiring knowledge like books you've suggested.

It's weird sometimes i get so sad/nostalgic about my ex/that time of my life when i had hair / better hair and feel so awful
then the next day i'm like who cares and barely remember her.

such is life lol.

the funny part is my ex girlfriend was a complete train wreck (as i've already told you guys) (huge sexual partner count, instagram attention wh***, dressed skanky) pretty much everything a man shouldn't want in a gf! gues that shows how destoyed my self esteem is lol.

doubleindemnity

Reaction score
Cheers,
Yea i spend way too much time on social media (depressing) ... i need t o replace that with reading/acquiring knowledge like books you've suggested.

It's weird sometimes i get so sad/nostalgic about my ex/that time of my life when i had hair / better hair and feel so awful
then the next day i'm like who cares and barely remember her.

such is life lol.

the funny part is my ex girlfriend was a complete train wreck (as i've already told you guys) (huge sexual partner count, instagram attention wh***, dressed skanky) pretty much everything a man shouldn't want in a gf! gues that shows how destoyed my self esteem is lol.
You don't need to spend it acquiring knowledge necessary but just something that you like doing. Bald guys shouldn't use social media because it is full of people who are doing well just thanks to their NW1 hair. And it's a waste of time in the sense that, as a bald guy, you won't experience any of the social elements. Same for dating services. Spend one hour away from this nonsense and play a nice video game and see how much better you feel. And replace video game with music, book or anything good. That's what bald guys should do... enjoy the things that are still available for you to enjoy.

If you had feelings for her then there is nothing to be ashamed of. But it's time, over the next few years, to accept that things like that won't ever happen again. I used to pride myself in being a guy who does not quit. I spent years using those dating services, I trialled over a hundred photos and I paid for professional photos and in person coaching. What I've learned is that I should have given up way earlier and spent my resources and time on stuff like books, video games, movies etc. A bald guy should accept that he has no hope rather than being optimistic.

mgill

My Regimen
Reaction score
life is very depressing for those of us who have lost the genetic lottery. having the fact that you are not good enough being thrown in your face on a daily basis by observing superior males & the countless attractive women who are drawn to them is a source of tremendous angst & despair. knowing that you very likely will never be able to participate in romantic relationships means being forced to miss out on most of what makes life worth living.