Feedback on full lace system from superhairpieces.com

mroizo

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi,

Previously, I ordered another lace system from them that I found to be not suitable. The colour did not match and the density was too little: https://www.superhairpieces.com/mens-toupee-m116m-7x9-swiss-lace-poly-back-in-stock-mens-hairpiece/

After that, I recently got this hair system from superhairpieces.com and wearing it for 1.5 months now: https://www.superhairpieces.com/hd105-m135-8-x-10-french-lace-in-stock/
left-side.png
right-side.png
front-1.png

The only issue with the new system is that the knots are not bleached and slightly visible at the hairline. My hair dresser already reduced the stock density a bit and I think it is ok now. A classic side-parted business haircut is what I picked so far. What do you think?

jimlad

Established Member
Reaction score
It's a nice style, suits your head shape. If it were me, I wouldn't be fully exposing the hairline. I'm sure no one would know that you're wearing a system, but they would be able to tell something was up.

Jbalding

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What I do to have an exposed hairline is I take a small object like a toothpick or the end of tweezers, go behind the hair at the hairline and slightly bring them forward. That way you have a exposed hairline but the hairs are brought slightly forward giving you an even more undetectable hairline - while being exposed. I hope that makes sense. Your hair looks great though, good color, blending, and cut.

mroizo

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks a lot guys for the feedback!

I am still learning to style it and trying out different products at the moment. Generally, I apply an argan oil mist on it after washing/shower while the hair is still wet. This helps with combing and eliminates tangling. Then I add a leave-in conditioner and comb all hairs backwards. For that, I only use a wide tooth comb. After that, I blow-dry the front and press it down with a small comb. The small comb has a 'stick' at the end that is good for the method Jbalding mentioned on going behind the hairline and pushing them forward a bit. After the styling when the hair is about 70-80% dry, I apply some hair spray to the front.

I've read over here that hair spray dries the hair out and damages it. In my limited experience so far, I found that not the case. However, I think it's because I only apply a little spray and comb it out of the hair at the end of the day.

Recently bought some clay pomade and tried out styling like the guy in this video:
The clay pomade works well and is not as sticky and shiny as gel pomade.

Jbalding

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks a lot guys for the feedback!

I am still learning to style it and trying out different products at the moment. Generally, I apply an argan oil mist on it after washing/shower while the hair is still wet. This helps with combing and eliminates tangling. Then I add a leave-in conditioner and comb all hairs backwards. For that, I only use a wide tooth comb. After that, I blow-dry the front and press it down with a small comb. The small comb has a 'stick' at the end that is good for the method Jbalding mentioned on going behind the hairline and pushing them forward a bit. After the styling when the hair is about 70-80% dry, I apply some hair spray to the front.

I've read over here that hair spray dries the hair out and damages it. In my limited experience so far, I found that not the case. However, I think it's because I only apply a little spray and comb it out of the hair at the end of the day.

Recently bought some clay pomade and tried out styling like the guy in this video:
The clay pomade works well and is not as sticky and shiny as gel pomade.
Yeah oils and pomade work great. You essentially need them - if you leave nothing in the hair it gives a wiggy appearance which is unfortunate, but something to note.

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah oils and pomade work great. You essentially need them - if you leave nothing in the hair it gives a wiggy appearance which is unfortunate, but something to note.
Do you mean water-based pomades, or wax-based ones? I like the latter better but only use w/ UTS as I feel applying to lace would just ruin the bond.

Can you get away with some grease in lace?

Jbalding

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you mean water-based pomades, or wax-based ones? I like the latter better but only use w/ UTS as I feel applying to lace would just ruin the bond.

Can you get away with some grease in lace?
I have no issues with the bond using pomades/oils/conditioners. Im not rubbing it directly into the base just the hair. I use water based just because most pomades are water based, havent tried wax but im sure that works fine too.

AxC123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Good color match and style. I wear mostly the m116 as density a bit less. Question. Did you cut the A hailine contour of the stock piece as it seems to me more like a C shaped contour.