Fear, Sex, and Hairlines

Broken

Reaction score
Scarecrow said:
Thanks for the advice guys, but now my chest is starting to feel really sensitive. I can't remember if that was one of the more serious sides and that I should stop taking it.

I definitely don't want to have man boobs... Did you guys have a sensitive chest and did it go away? Or do I need to start taking this stuff ASAP?

viewtopic.php?f=46&t=59387

^ I faced the exact problem.

Reducing the dose to half i.e. from 1 mg daily to 0.5 mg daily solved the problem for me. I am sure even if I now got back to 1 mg it would not come back because my body must have adapted itself to the drug.

thetodd

Established Member
Reaction score
Smooth said:
look, people like s.a.f and thetodd are over 30 so they think that losing their libido is normal hence they dont link it with proscar, but i can assure you that many many people are on the drug and suffer from the sides (otherwise you wouldn't have so many posts on propeciahelp dot com.....) they are too afraid to stop taking the med so they get blinded by it and cant see the correlation there...you dont have to be a genius to see that :whistle:
I haven't lost my libido at all and I've made that clear in other posts. Perhaps you're just paranoid and imagined the side effects. Or maybe you don't have much testosterone in your system and are blaming your impotence on the propecia instead of facing reality.
There's always v**** for those such as yourself.
Like I said, you can always find people who will swear that any medication is poison. The internet is a good place to find both information and bullshit.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Smooth said:
look, people like s.a.f and thetodd are over 30 so they think that losing their libido is normal hence they dont link it with proscar, but i can assure you that many many people are on the drug and suffer from the sides (otherwise you wouldn't have so many posts on propeciahelp dot com.....) they are too afraid to stop taking the med so they get blinded by it and cant see the correlation there...you dont have to be a genius to see that :whistle:

Look people like smooth read the possible side effect the ones that effect 2% of users and their paranoid mind convinces them that things are not as good as they used to be. Then they come on here and make crazy posts about a 98% safe drug same with a few 100 other guys whilst the millions of other users just get on with their lives sides free.
The fact that millions of men worldwide are using it is more than conclusive proof that these few individuals are wrong. You dont have to be a genius to see that. :whistle:
Its like if everyone of the thousands worldwide who had a nut allergy were to all come on the internet telling people that nuts are poison. For every guy on Propeciahelp there are 1000 other satisfied customers.

Ps theres nothing wrong with my libido so I dont have to look for excuses.

Smooth

Experienced Member
Reaction score
s.a.f said:
Ps theres nothing wrong with my libido so I dont have to look for excuses.

lol HEAD SHOT! :woot: (i was pushing that button on purpose... as if you didnt know that ;) )

s.a.f said:
For every guy on Propeciahelp there are 1000 other satisfied customers.

i didnt know you held the real statistics .... :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

now being more serious and on topic, if you get sides, you really should stop with the drug, you cant reverse male boobs (with surgery you can, but its not worth it, neither sexual sides! .. IMO!) use you own judgment here, and we all know that the numbers are way above 2% ... :shakehead:

Smooth

Experienced Member
Reaction score
thetodd said:
I haven't lost my libido at all and I've made that clear in other posts. Perhaps you're just paranoid and imagined the side effects. Or maybe you don't have much testosterone in your system and are blaming your impotence on the propecia instead of facing reality.
Like I said, you can always find people who will swear that any medication is poison. The internet is a good place to find both information and bullshit.

thank god im not impotent (tho some guys who took that drug are!), i did experienced a drop in my libido while on that drug, i guess thats the trade-off some of us are not whiling to make, neither having gyno, your not to mess with your hormones!.

cuebald

Reaction score
Smooth said:
you cant reverse male boobs

My gyno I got from spironolactone disappeared about a month after I stopped the med

barcafan

Reaction score
i think having your c*** fall off and grow a set of nice tits is a small small price to pay for a full head of thick hair.

bigentries

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm in my mid twenties and been on propecia for two months.

Besides the non-stop shedding, I haven't noticed any side effects.
And talking about libido, I've actually had a noticeable increase this last two months, but I'm not sure if I can actually link it to the medication, considering many people claim it makes their dicks die, but I'm actually having the same erections I had when I was a teenager

s.a.f

Reaction score
Smooth said:
s.a.f said:
For every guy on Propeciahelp there are 1000 other satisfied customers.

i didnt know you held the real statistics .... :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

You're right its probably 10'000 - 1, how many guys on Propecia help? vs How many millions taking finasteride worldwide? :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

thetodd

Established Member
Reaction score
Smooth said:
thetodd said:

thank god im not impotent (tho some guys who took that drug are!), i did experienced a drop in my libido while on that drug, i guess thats the trade-off some of us are not whiling to make, neither having gyno, your not to mess with your hormones!.
Maybe you just didn't have a lot of testosterone in your system to begin with. If a guy my age can take this drug as long as I have without experiencing any side effects, it makes me believe that guys like you are in a minority. Is it possible that some will not be able to tolerate propecia? Sure, just like with any drug. But if the side effects were as prevelant as you suggest, nobody would be using it.