Fda Clinical Trials Data, How Reliable They Are ?

alibaba92

My Regimen
Reaction score
I read quite a few scandals regarding Ph.D fake research data. Interestingly, no one has ever known that the research data was bullshit until the Ph.D candidates themselves unintentionally confessed it. Back to the medicine industry, research is the core and I wonder if a same story repeat itself ???

For finasteride efficacy, it is easy since they just need to take photos that show improvement and we are all convinced.

For finasteride response rate (the stunning 80%+ response rate) and side effects (such as sexual and mental health), Merck can easily make up any number that support them, cant they ? and who the hell would know the dirty truth behind it ?

So, my little question here is, how can FDA reviewers / advisory board be certain that the trials data, provided by the pharma that sponsors the drug, are genuine and reliable ???

ScaredOfBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
Finasteride studies have been done over and over by independent researchers and the same or even better results were obtained. It's been proven again and again, finasteride is very effective and pretty safe to use.

Makaveli1988

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Finasteride studies have been done over and over by independent researchers and the same or even better results were obtained. It's been proven again and again, finasteride is very effective and pretty safe to use.
Its not safe stop lying to ppl finas fked me up

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
According to this community, the FDA always lies, especially about finasteride, but we "just have to wait and see" when it comes to randos claiming Italian snake oil will grow back 5 years of hair or that Turkish foreskin lotion is the way of the future.

alibaba92

My Regimen
Reaction score
According to this community, the FDA always lies, especially about finasteride, but we "just have to wait and see" when it comes to randos claiming Italian snake oil will grow back 5 years of hair or that Turkish foreskin lotion is the way of the future.

No, you get me wrong. I trust FDA, but I am skeptical about Merck's honesty because they are businessmen, they just need profit.

abcdefg

Reaction score

Very effective for sure, but id stop short of saying its safe. It is safe as far as we know so far, and in most people for the time frames studied. No drug is safe that is why its a drug its trying to change things drastically to fix otherwise untreatable conditions. If you could fix male pattern baldness through diet why go through all the trouble of developing a drug for it?
We know finasteride has some issues. Do you think changing neurosteroid levels in spinal fluid is a good thing? I dont, but does changing this amount to any real problem? Does not seem to in the 5 or 10 year studies we have so far, but you never know for sure.

abcdefg

Reaction score
No, you get me wrong. I trust FDA, but I am skeptical about Merck's honesty because they are businessmen, they just need profit.

Yes, but who you gonna trust? Merck or the snake oil guys? Not a lot of other choices. Id roll the dice with big pharma because we have hundreds of years of snake oil data. Actually everything not FDA approved so hundreds maybe thousands of potions and lotions over the decades?