FDA Busting ALL 15% Minoxidils? EXPIRY DATES of product?

franky123

Reaction score
Yea, thats the brand that started all this. The guy complaining was using them, and when he asked them questions, they never responded, so he complained to the FDA. I wouldn't buy that. I actually wouldn't buy any 15% minoxidil out there right now since you might just buy a fake knockoff. THe legit ones were all shut down. Your best bet is to find a compounding pharmacy.

Boomer01

Established Member
Reaction score
cassin said:
TheShopKeeper said:
Huh? MinoxidilMax shutdown? I just put an order in yesterday and just got a shipping notification today.

I had used the following address that I had bookmarked for ages: http://www.minoxidilmax.com/product.shtml.

I had no idea it was shutdown. Should I be worried?

Worried about this order? No. They are honest folks. You'll either get your money back or your order.
Cassin's right, they are good people. I received my last 5 bottles of Fast Dry yesterday a couple days after placing the order.

Xandroxuser

Established Member
Reaction score
Cassin's right, they are good people. I received my last 5 bottles of Fast Dry yesterday a couple days after placing the order.[/quote]

I agree, in regards to their emailing and service. The jury is still out on two things in regards to their Dualgen 15 (no PG) - for instance:

1. Is it as effective as Richard Lee's Xandrox 15?

2. Does the 'retinol' in it, make it more of a problem than Xandrox for sensitive scalps?

And, finally, my question no one has commented on on this thread. What is the expiry date of the Dualgen 15? Three options, I guess: 1. the two years it says on the bottle; 2. rather less, because, 15% degrades faster than 5%; 3. more than two years? Expiry dates are guidelines. But how much more?

Finally, assuming these 15% - or, indeed, 5% - never come back with azeliac acid, what next after two years - assuming you have a stock? It seems to me that rogaine foam is the only 'trusted and tried' minoxidil left, out there, for non-PG people.

Maybe, I should take the plunge and go there right away. But - perhaps, irrationally, I find myself sticking to a rotation of my remaining Xandrox (minoxidil solutions) and Dualgen 5 and 15 (no pg).

What about you guys?

zen68

Reaction score
The most recent bottles of MinoxidilMax Dualgen-15 have an expiration date of 11/13 (November of 2013).

I personally wouldn't go past a year though as the 15% compounds are known to be less stable than simpler 5% minoxidil and PPG only.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Xandroxuser said:
I agree, in regards to their emailing and service. The jury is still out on two things in regards to their Dualgen 15 (no PG) - for instance:

1. Is it as effective as Richard Lee's Xandrox 15?

2. Does the 'retinol' in it, make it more of a problem than Xandrox for sensitive scalps?

"Retinol" is just another name for viamin A; why on earth would a hair treatment like Dualgen-15 contain vitamin A? :dunno: That strikes me as a huge SCAM, if someone's deliberately trying to confuse other people and make them think this product contains Retin-A, and not retinol. Those are two completely different things!! :laugh: