Faux Hawk

Nex

Established Member
Reaction score
So everyone now thinks I have a faux hawk, I just want to lean over and smack them and say ITS A RECEDING HAIRLINE NUMB NUTS. Its getting kind of annoying everyone is asking me why I am styling it like that, it is receded fairly far (I am a Norwood 2.5 with diffuse thinning at 21 years old), so I have to spike it up and I guess it kinda makes my receding hairline unnoticeable but now everyone thinks i have a faux hawk lol... I just want to buzz it down and be done with it, but I am scared that when I buzz it down my hairloss will be very apparent... I guess it would be kind of liberating, because if I leave my house without my hair gell'd it looks awful, therefore it's making me be less spontaneous. And with summer coming up I am going to be swimming and stuff, so I guess I kind of have to buzz it down... What was your experience buzzing your hair down? I guess I would save money on monthly hair cuts too...

I am getting pretty depressed about my situation, I recently went on finasteride and started using Nizoral 2% everyday, I have been doing this for a month. It does put my mind at ease knowing I am doing as much as I can to halt my hairloss, but I still get depressed at seeing everyone around me with full heads of hair (only one other guy I know has suffered from male pattern baldness, and he is like a Norwood 5 which must suck)

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
I was shocked at first 'cause I took it all the way down to #0 the first time, and I had never done that before in my life. Then I started doing a #3 every week and I got used to it fairly fast. But now that I have to take it down to #0 to look like a human, I'm kinda depressed about it again... :( Life's unfair.

Reaction score
I see some positive in your post Nex. I mean people don't really notice your hairloss and they just think that it's a different hairstyle. You might not like it, but I'd rather have a bad haircut than some hairloss.

Anyway, I wish you good luck, I hope that Propecia will work for you.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
So your hairloss is being mistaken for a trendy hairstyle? Poor baby.

Nex

Established Member
Reaction score
Well I am 21, the whole top of my head is very thinned, and will be heading towards a Norwood 5 in about four years, but thanks for the sarcastic comment much appreciated