Fatties vs Baldies vs Shorties vs Trannies vs Aspies, etc

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
RANT:

I've noticed that there's a lot of discussion on these boards about who has it worse: fat people, short people, bald people, transsexuals, people with aspergers, et cetera. I have not seen, but we could also include, physically disabled people, minorities, poor people, the dim, and so on.

I really must stress that this discussion is pointless, counterproductive, and incorrect. Misery loves company, and so when one person says "it sucks to be bald" another will say "it sucks more to be bald and short". It is and that's irrelevant. You should put in the effort to change the things you can change if you can, and work around the rest.

There is also no genuine hierarchy of misery. Baldness is bad ... but how bad depends on the person. I don't think it has much of a detrimental effect on Tyson Fury's life at all. George St-Pierre seems to have adequate hair yet he buzzes it regardless. On the other hand, Marco Rubio's thinning hairline + combover accentuates what a milquetoast he is, and it doesn't help Ted Cruz that he looks like a F2M transsexual who underwent a low-quality surgical procedure. People are multidimensional and everybody is effected by specific conditions differently. None of you can know if the next poster you're reading has it worse or better, there are all sorts of secondary, compounding factors.

Myself, I have dealt and for some of these am dealing with with poverty, a lunatic mother who used to scream for several hours a day every single day, bullying when raised in a religious Jewish environment, brown skin, moderate obesity, poor hand-eye coordination, depression, myopia and astigmatism, other medical problems, hearing problems, autism, and now a receding and thinning hairline. All of the above traits are bad, I'm not going to rank them for you. I compensate as much as possible by being intelligent, which gives me a career and a generous income and thus the means to compensate more and get treatment where possible. If I was stupid or intellectually average as well, I would probably be in jail or dead due to being eternally poor and having no options. If I were short, I'd likely have committed suicide during my school years rather than simply contemplated it. On the other hand I see lots of stupid or average people or short people do very well, and lead happy and successful lives. Everybody's affected differently depending on the other things.

I can see on my Facebook newsfeed and in general a multitude of articles about how rich, white, able-bodied cis-hetero women have it so hard in the world. I nearly never see an article about how autistic people (for example) have it hard. I think I know why: there are no charismatic spokespersons for the autistic. People are largely attracted to movements, and support movements, based on whether or not they know charismatic members of that group, not based on genuine compassion and understanding. It kind of bothers to be honest. The vast majority of articles out there about discrimination are about the needs of rich, white, able-bodied, cis-hetero women. There are a lot of problems there, but it's not the majority of human injustice and suffering in the world. But there's nothing I can do about it. If I post about it on FB or Twitter, I will be massacred and lose friends, called ignorant, and dismissed. So it's better to move on and try to see the good with the bad.

For people who want to take a dump on other posters, you have real life to do so and the entire rest of the internet. There are many thousands of websites where you can get into flame wars and denigrate others for being gay or black or whatever. I really think in a place like this it's better to be supportive, understanding, and helpful.

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
I agree David and we can feel bothered by it,
but if we're not mentally fit and battle tested , it can be easy to get pulled back into the proverbial worm hole of despair.

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
David you should know by now that baldness is worse than absolutely anything else in life. Even cancer.

tinylovver

Reaction score
I completely agree with you. The importance of a problem depends on person's perception. No one can know how hard for someone might be bald or short and there can be no comparing scale. However, people tend to put those problems into one pit and judge by their own principles. I find it deplorable giving the fact that we are living in a modern world where everyone must be open-minded enough to see and understand those things.

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
One word - micropenis. If I had one, I would have just offed myself at 16.

- - - Updated - - -

living disfigured in a sewer with a micropenis...

Agustin Araujo

My Regimen
Reaction score
I guess this place can sometimes turn into a contest of who has it the worst, but that's not what it's supposed to be about. Everyone's problems are relative and no one's issues should ever be downplayed.

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
We all have our own issues to deal with. Some things would make me want to off myself.

Getting Alzheimer's and losing my ability to form memories would make me lose it. I would shoot
myself in the head, no question.

And if I was in the initial stages, I would just plan my suicide out, and just do it.

This is what Hemingway did. As soon as he felt dementia, he killed himself (he was also an alcoholic and severely depressed). Besides, his father had killed himself.
However, when scholars discuss about his suicide, they talk about how he couldn't stand "not being perfect". My balls. He just felt he was totally losing it.

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I guess this place can sometimes turn into a contest of who has it the worst, but that's not what it's supposed to be about. Everyone's problems are relative and no one's issues should ever be downplayed.

This is perfect. Some people will express issues that seem really minimal to you. Your engrained instinct is sometimes to almost laugh, or down play it. You think, "what the f*ck is wrong with you, stfu". Meanwhile, they are sleepless with gut wrenching anxiety over it. Every ones problems are their own, and you don't know how they are effected by them unless you're inside their mind. I have met GORGEOUS women that think they are disgusting. I myself was way over weight in middle school and high school. When I was 16, I took it upon myself to stop eating the garbage my parents would let me eat, started running every day and eating healthy. Came back to school like 40lbs lighter and handsome as hell. From that one childhood experience, and getting bullied and thrown in the mud every day, I will always be somewhat insecure about my body, especially if I gain weight. I still have the occasional nightmare about it. my metabolism is HORRIBLE. Like, have to run 6 miles a day, eat 1500 low carb calories just to maintain a decent weight. If I EVER mention how this effects me, it's just like baldness... "you'll lose it again", "get to work"... crap.

What I am trying to say, is there will only be a handful of people, if that, that you can confess your burdens to. Cherish them. They are your true friends or family. Never take that for granted, because some people will never have that.

lickawrist

Established Member
Reaction score
I agree with this, but I think most of us recognize that certain issues have very real precedence over others. For example, I'd rather lose my hairline than suffer from a degenerative disease like Alzheimer's; others may disagree (hopefully not). However, I think it's inconsiderate and ignorant to bag on someone who is emotionally distraught from losing their hair--especially if that same someone would freak out over a small hairline scratch on his new BRZ.

oni MKII

Reaction score
Short, bald, fat, transvestite............poor and with a low IQ, living in heavily religious third world country.........with no access to hairloss products........