FATHER INHERITANCE SURVEY

Are u having the same degree of balding at the same age as your father?

• Total voters

chewbaca

Experienced Member
Reaction score
My owe Dad had gone bald around my age at least in the frontal according to my mum. But i am nowhere as close to him. Maybe mum is saving me. Or it could be something else like age -related receding hairline. I would like to ask if your fathers had balding problem at a young age 20 and above) and had had a high degree of male pattern baldness but u yourself is not getting anywhere close to him although u are suffering from hair loss.

pls read carefully
Criteria:

1)Men above 20 years of age.

2)Be sure of your dad's balding history in his younger days.

3)Your maternal uncles and granfather not having a balding problem.

I have not included a Not sure option in the poll as to make sure voters fulfill the criteria as not to mislead the results. Thank you

biff

Established Member
Reaction score
I thought it was mainly passed down on the mothers side. My dad is bald and went bald a lot faster than me. My grandad on my mothers side was also bald and so is my mum's brother and his son. I think the progression of my hair loss is more similar to my mother's side of the family than my dad's.

techprof

Experienced Member
Reaction score
My dad is 57 years old and still Norwood 1.

TheBaldingMenace

Established Member
Reaction score
Actually I've got quite a bit more hair at my age now than my Dad did when he was in his 40s. I know it's due to doing something to stop my hairloss.

Cornholio

Established Member
Reaction score
If your hair-loss pattern doesnt match your family's talk to you mother...

http://www.abc.net.au/science/features/ ... efault.htm

"Genetic studies consistently show that in 10 percent of people the biological father is not the man who is living with the mother at the time of conception.

And according to a 2002 survey from the University of Chicago's National Opinion Research Centre, about 15 per cent of women and 22 per cent of men said they'd had sex with someone besides their spouse while married at some time in the past. Roughly two per cent of women and four per cent of men had done so in the past year"

G

Cornholio said:
If your hair-loss pattern doesnt match your family's talk to you mother...

http://www.abc.net.au/science/features/ ... efault.htm

"Genetic studies consistently show that in 10 percent of people the biological father is not the man who is living with the mother at the time of conception.

And according to a 2002 survey from the University of Chicago's National Opinion Research Centre, about 15 per cent of women and 22 per cent of men said they'd had sex with someone besides their spouse while married at some time in the past. Roughly two per cent of women and four per cent of men had done so in the past year"

I have read this recently too.

Looks like some of us on this site who have NW5+ Fathers will be hoping their mothers were sl*ts when they were younger.

Strange.

Daddy is a NW7 but its OK because Mummy was a dirty wh***.

Cornholio

Established Member
Reaction score
neiltom88 said:
Daddy is a NW7 but its OK because Mummy was a dirty wh***.

: ) As Im adopted I have no biological history to judge... Therefore every balding head I see over age 50 makes me wonder and worry...

"whose your daddy?"

Thinning

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I am the only one in my immediate family with hairloss. I have an uncle on my dads side who lost his hair, otherwise all my cousins/uncles have no hairloss either. My grandfather on my moms side had a receeding hairline but still died with most his hair.

G

Thinning said:
I am the only one in my immediate family with hairloss. I have an uncle on my dads side who lost his hair, otherwise all my cousins/uncles have no hairloss either. My grandfather on my moms side had a receeding hairline but still died with most his hair.

Get a DNA test, quick.

Thinning

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Lol, if I didnt look like an exact 50/50 combo of my parents I would. Too many similar features to be somebody elses. But I think it was a very regressed gene I somehow picked up - its a bummer at family get-togethers.

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
You forgot the option for just plain "No" in the survey!

Deaner

Reaction score
"are you having the same degree of balding at the same age as your father"
"yes, but worse than my dad"

That's not the same degree then... that's a worse degree of balding. Strange poll...

Wezz

Experienced Member
Reaction score
my dad certainly was thinning at my age but DEFO NOT THIN AS MUCH AS ME, he had a thick curls for f*** sake, and i have thin hair