Fastening a wig with glue?

kerri

Reaction score
I fasten my wig with tape. Does anyone know if there is such a thing as wig glue? If so, how can I get it?

Grimoire

Reaction score
Of course, tape is still the simplest and quickest way to attach, but you can also use liquid adhesive on a wig. There are 2 ways to do this - the messy way and the easy way.

The messy way is to apply the adhesive directly to the base. If the perimeter of your wig is Poly or ThinSkin (solid material), it will hold really well, but it's an unholy mess trying to clean it up.

The easy way is to apply Transpore single-sided tape to the base and then "paint" the adhesive onto the tape. When it's time to remove and re-attach, you just peel the tape off the base (along with the adhesive) and throw it away.

Anita1978

Reaction score
completely agree with grimoire, using just adhesive is messy.

use a 'liner' tape to line the permieter of your wig, then use adhesive on top of this line. when it comes to clean ups, you can simply pull the tape off :)

Anita1978

Reaction score
oops, did not post about glues!

strongest glue is Ultrahold, it does hold (in an ultra way!) however, it takes an age to get off as well. if you need your wig bonded for weeks then go for this

otherwise there are other glues which give bonding time os 1-2 weeks such as Liqui-tape and Mitt-Tite

its a bit of trial and error regarding adhesives, what works well for one may not work so well on someone else, you'll find your perfect adhesive :)

n.b. there is a glue stronger that Ultrahold called Top Priority - but this is a permanent bond, cannot be dissolved and can only be cut out of hair, so not really suitable for this

xxx