Established Member
Reaction score
Anyone else in UK usng/used Armani?

Do you need visa to go to Canada?

Optimist

Established Member
Reaction score
cateyes81 said:
yeah hes really good & has an amazing reputation if i ever need a future transplant or get one ill probably go to him next time but for now ill try out armani

Does Rahal do FUE? Doesn't look like it from his website.

cateyes81

Established Member
Reaction score
not yet i dont think

he use to work with armani wierd how armani made it huge and he still stayed kinda small

Dalek

Established Member
Reaction score
Optomist, have you actually gone to Canada to have surgery like you advise?

Optimist

Established Member
Reaction score
Dalek said:
Optomist, have you actually gone to Canada to have surgery like you advise?

Nope. I am waiting to go to Armani after phase II trials of HM are finished and my hairloss progresses to a point where it is cosmetically unacceptable.

Dalek

Established Member
Reaction score
Well, I have had an assessment from Rahal himself (from photos) and I had this reply:

Pricing for the procedure based on 2,500 grafts will be $ 9012 Canadian (tax inc) We do offer our overseas patients a 10% discount to help pay for the airfare and the hotel. This means your new total will be $8110 or in today's exchange rate 3587 GBP.

Does that sound reasonable to you? I am waiting for Amani to get back to me with a quote so I will hold fire. This is much cheeper than Rogers' pricing but I need to find out how long I need to stay in Canada and what are the hotel prices. Can anyone help?

Nick4441

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I had consult with Rogers and i've not heard a bad word said against him on these boards there may be better outside of the UK but he is highly rated.

Farjo on the other hand i've read many are not so happy, I believe he hands more of the doing to the nurses which is probably the problem. He is high in the spotlight though at the moment cause of the Rugby player on the skating program who had his hair done. Can't say I was that impressed, Eastenders guys is more impressive considering he only had 3000 grafts to take him from a pretty bald state to where he is now but he still needs some more really to finish it off. Farjo probably did those guys all himself though as they are high profile for advertising for him.

I'm still considering Rogers but with my aggressive loss even on meds its heading towards a shave rather than a transplant :( hope not.

cateyes81

Established Member
Reaction score
Rodgers is NO Where near as talented and reputable as armani or Rahal even and if Rahal is actually cheaper then rodgers well u just luckY!

Dalek

Established Member
Reaction score
One thing I notice with Rahal and Armani photos is that the fringe always seems to be tuffed upwards. I want my new hair to grow down as it always did (quite a few years ago now) Still impressive though but the mid area of the scalps in most cases are not as thick but its going to be far better than it would be now.

Dalek

Established Member
Reaction score
Well, I am now booked in July with Dr Rahal and am very pleased with the choice. I wil fly to Toronto and make my way (somehow) to Ottawa. The reason Toronto is because flights from here are massivley cheaper than to Ottawa. It only cost £276

They are so professional and reasuring and also have a good reputation. And yes, it will be much cheeper than Rogers as well as a more state of the art job. I will also do a bit of site seeing too as its my first trip over the Atlantic.

s.a.f

Reaction score
You'll be glad you tool our advice and will be flying to canada as a straightforward hair transplant patient, not a UK repair patient.

Dalek

Established Member
Reaction score
tool our advice

Not heard that saying before.

Yes, initially I was gutted as I thought at least there would be one Dr in the UK as good as any other in Canada but I didn' realise that it would be also actually cheeper. I am having 2500 grafts which should see me right till cloning comes in.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Dalek said:
tool our advice

Not heard that saying before.

Yes, initially I was gutted as I thought at least there would be one Dr in the UK as good as any other in Canada but I didn' realise that it would be also actually cheeper. I am having 2500 grafts which should see me right till cloning comes in.

you were saying... :wink:

Lucky_UK

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hey Dalek

You made a good choice and im glad for you, keep us updated on how you get on

All the best

Lucky

Clarkyboy

Reaction score
hey Darlek

I am too from the uk and very interested in the work of Dr Rahal so
just seeking some advise, could Dr Rahal treat someone who is a defuse thinner did he mention the risk of shockloss at all! i'am about a norward 1.5 but very thin at the front and throughout my centre parting.

cheers mate

Dalek

Established Member
Reaction score
Give them a ring from the number on the website or email them. The guy you will probably deal with is Adrian. He is very helpful.