Farewell....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Okayaye

Established Member
Reaction score
Having noticed a direct collelation between how much I go on this site, and how much I think abaout hairloss, I've decided to go with the new trend of leaving this site.

As of the start of the week, I've quit all 3 of my meds, because my remaining Proscar has run out, and I will never take any meds again. My future is either baldness, or surgical/non-surgical hair replacement. Right now, I'm growing my hair out, with a view to the latter.

Thanks to the good people on here who help out, and no-thanks to the certain people on here who victimise certain people on here in order to feel better about thier own loss. Thankfully, the former do outweigh the latter.

I will squeeze a pic on here of the top of my head soon, probably tagged onto the end of this message. It will show the tat that you're all keen to see, as well is my worstening hairloss situation...

After a year of fighting hairloss, and investigating it. My top 10 thintgs I have learnt are as follows:

1) Don't deny to yourself. If your hairline is creeping back, and the hair on the top of your head is thinning, YOU HAVE male pattern baldness. Dont waste time and money confirming it. get on the meds, and see what happens.

2) Bic your head once. Just to see what it looks like. If you like it, you can fight hairloss in the knowledge that defeat will not be devestating. If you hate it, it will motivate you further.

3) The shorter your hair is, the less you have to lose, in the end. Long flowing locks will emotionally cripple you, if you know they're going.

4) Don't rule out concealers. If your hairline is decent, and you have major diffuse thinning, check out some of the sick work that certain posters have done with Dermatch. For areas outside the hairline, ladie's eye shadow is a god-send for giving the illusion of shaven 'shadow' hair. Never dis-regard the possibility of a partial hair system too. It can make you into a new person. I've know guys who can vouch for this. But dont get ripped off.

5) Get a tan, if you go for the cropped look. Everyone says it, because it is true. The natural responce to a pale bald guy is 'unhealthy/inferior', but to a tanned bald guy is 'healty/superior'. Don't be afraid to experiment with facial hair to take the emphasis of the head, and remove the 'moon face' factor.

6) Try to live for the moment, and not get paralysed by the fact that you will inevitably be bald. It's TOUGH to do this as a 20 year old, bacause you know you will be bald in your early thirties. Years where you are still menat to be at your physical peak. But if your dont take this advice, you'll waste some of the best years of your life.

7) Don't think too long-term. Too many people on here are saying, that they'll give the meds '2 years', while stalling their lives until that point in 2 years time comes round. Don't be a prisoner of hairloss. Do things in the meantime. Learn a language, travel. Do something. Don't just wait for the meds to work, while the sands of your lifetime slip by.

8 ) If you do go NW7, never keep the hair on your side and back long, unless you wear a piece. It looks like crap.

9) Try not to get intimidated by men with full heads of hair. If you're a nice guy, you will find your girl. And, if you play your cards right, you'll keep her.

10) Never look at your hair too closely in the morning. Especially using 2 mirrors (ie. viewing from above), or under a bright light. You will achieve less than 50% in that day, than you would have done otherwise. Your hairloss determines your mood, like it or not. Don't let a bad hair morning ruin your day. If you feel the need to investigate your progress, do it at night.

I might be back in about a year to give a progress report, but until then, farewell, and good luck

Kyriakin

G

Just read this after reading Rawbbie's response to Gunner's leaving. So, it sounds like you don't even necessarily have male pattern baldness, Rawbbie. I guess you compensate by having a brain with all the thinking-power of a squash. Do you join testicular cancer discussion boards, too, just to help out with what you've found successful? Not having testicular cancer is the best way to fight it, I'm sure you tell them. Man, your testicles are in bad shape, I'm sure is your helpful advice.

By the way, what is it you do? Waste management? Natural male-enhancement salesman? I want to know more about you.

BadHairDecade

Reaction score
Don't turn this thread into a pissing match please. It rude to the original poster. It's not about you and Rawbbie it's about Kyriakin.

Okayaye

Established Member
Reaction score
BadHairDecade said:
Don't turn this thread into a pissing match please. It rude to the original poster. It's not about you and Rawbbie it's about Kyriakin.

Joe

Yea, it's all about me. Me, me, me...

G

Ty did you read what Kyrian wrote? The man doesn´t need luck, he has everything else.

Have a great life man!

Rawbbie

Established Member
Reaction score
Alopecia-Nate: Doesn't really matter what I do, it has nothing to do with hairloss.

Is this forum for bald guys only? Or balding guys only? Or is it a forum for all people interested in the topic of hairloss and treatments?

Am I not entitled to be here because I began treatment right when I should have?

I started right away- if I didn't think there was a chance of me having male pattern baldness then I can assure you i wouldn't be on propecia. Obviously, I saw enough change in my hairline for me to go to a doctor and get a prescription.

Maybe you should have too. Then you might not be be so angry at me and might have a better idea where I stand and why I like to be here.

Petchsky

Reaction score
Laters K.. Best of luck... The future's not as dark as the past.

mmm quite philosophical.

The Gardener

Reaction score
Every best wish, K. You made some very poignant posts here and gave voice to a lot of things that, for most of us, had remained unspoken. Thanks.

Matgallis

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Jesus who isn't leaving besides me?

G

Maybe you should have too. Then you might not be be so angry at me and might have a better idea where I stand and why I like to be here.

Good call. Your insights shed new light on this issue.

P.S.: Where you stand is: you're a prick. You like to be here because: belittling others is your bread and butter. Have fun with your uglier wife, smaller house and crappier job than everyone else on this site. Maybe Propecia will help you with that.

Sorry to continue the pissing contest. It surprises me I'm the only one speaking out against this troll.

Brasileirao

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Later brother.....wish you the best of luck main!

Tony Montana

blue

Experienced Member
Reaction score
K stay positive man....and good luck..btw is there something i should know.. our roster just got cut in half...i feel like the Lakers....with out a trial pending

Temples

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Way to go out on top, Kyriakin. Be sure to check in once and awhile, eh?

Matgallis

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Alopecia-Nate said:
Sorry to continue the pissing contest. It surprises me I'm the only one speaking out against this troll.
It's too easy to just sit back with a beer and watch u do all the work :p

Rawbbie

Established Member
Reaction score
smaller house, uglier wife and crappier job?

This is a pissing match?

Why not look up the history of a few recent messages and we'll see just who exactly is saying the nasty things to who. If I am a prick, then what do all the above comments make you? The same, and even worse because I wouldn't say something like that to you because I would have no idea what kind of house you live in, where you work or what your wife looks like. This is just the internet, remember? lol

Status
Not open for further replies.