FAO Peeps on the Boots Hair Retention programme

holdfasthope

Reaction score
Hiya guys,

I'm on this programme and I'd just thought I'd share some useful info.

Boots are doing a one day only Advantage Card points event on the 26th or 27th of October (depending on your store).

You get £12 worth of points for every £50 spent and my store will allow me to buy 12 months at a time.

That brings the price down from £360/year to £276/year, saving £84. Well good deal if you ask me! You get the money in the form of points but then you can use the points to pay for more.

HTH!

SMart

Reaction score
Are you using their service? I am interested in knowing what treatments are available when you sign up with them.

SMart

Reaction score
They seem to have it up on the boots website (a quick google search will bring it up) and it looks a fairly recent development. I'm just wondering what treatments are involved beyond rogaine which Id imagine is definitely involved and then any of the other topicals the store offers on its shelves.

holdfasthope

Reaction score
SMart said:
Are you using their service? I am interested in knowing what treatments are available when you sign up with them.

Yes I've been using there service for a year now. I think it had been running for a few years before I joined.

Tbh, like many people, I use them only because I know that I am receiving 100% legit Propecia. That and I haven't found a gp to date who will prescribe me proscar.

I buy my nizoral from eBay and I don't currently bother with rogaine, i'm 23 and it doesn't really suit my lifestyle at the moment.

These pill definitely working though, 1 year on and i'm well happy :)

gh05

Established Member
Reaction score
holdfasthope said:
SMart said:

Yes I've been using there service for a year now. I think it had been running for a few years before I joined.

Tbh, like many people, I use them only because I know that I am receiving 100% legit Propecia. That and I haven't found a gp to date who will prescribe me proscar.

I buy my nizoral from eBay and I don't currently bother with rogaine, i'm 23 and it doesn't really suit my lifestyle at the moment.

These pill definitely working though, 1 year on and i'm well happy :)

what has it done for your hair loss? any sexual sides at all? cheers

holdfasthope

Reaction score
Well I will be adding a year update with pictures soon when I can get chance to do it.

But basically it has stopped further loss (I seemed to be losing ground very fast before i started, hairs everywhere, pillow, shower when drying my hair). I just don't see load of hair everywhere like before.

It has definitely thickened up my crown area and the crown and top scalp is much less visible.

Sadly it doesn't seemed to have done much by way of growing back my nw3 receded temples, however it has thickened up the hair line that I have.

I haven't had sides except the 'achey balls' when i first started that went away quickly, and for around 4-5 months my jizz was pretty watery, that seems to have sorted itself out now though.

All in all I'm very pleased I started, I wish I had have taken the plunge sooner because like many people, I fall in to the trap of weighing up the pros and cons for months and months. This is just time wasted! If you care for your hair and want to stop going bald then you need to get on propecia (and whilst you're waiting you probably already know you're going to get on it eventually). Think of it this way, if you hate the way your hair looks now, just remember that male pattern baldness is degenerative, 5 years down the line you'll be in a much worse position and you'll wish to hell that you did something about it when you could.

Don't believe all the hype surrounding the drug you read on the forums. There is alot of scaremongery going around and it's spread by a very small, tiny even, minority of people who have been scorned that propecia didn't work right for them and they feel that life has dealt them yet another sh*t hand and that they should devote their lives to scaring off other people from trying it.

You'll read this alot on here... once you're on it, it's a massive weight off your shoulders because you know that you are finally doing something about it and you stop obsessing about your hair. Once you stop obsessing about your hair you automatically stop coming to these forums and you get on with life as if it was before you ever knew that male pattern baldness existed.

Plasticman82

Reaction score
i wouldn't use Boots as they are owned by tax avoider philip green. i buy my propecia from lloyds pharmacy. you order it online then collect from the store. they also have an online doctor you can ask questions which is really helpful. pills ar £60 pm or 155 for 3 months. superdrug also do a very cheap deal but you need private prescription.

Joe-1991

Established Member
Reaction score
holdfasthope said:
Well I will be adding a year update with pictures soon when I can get chance to do it.

But basically it has stopped further loss (I seemed to be losing ground very fast before i started, hairs everywhere, pillow, shower when drying my hair). I just don't see load of hair everywhere like before.

It has definitely thickened up my crown area and the crown and top scalp is much less visible.

Sadly it doesn't seemed to have done much by way of growing back my nw3 receded temples, however it has thickened up the hair line that I have.

I haven't had sides except the 'achey balls' when i first started that went away quickly, and for around 4-5 months my jizz was pretty watery, that seems to have sorted itself out now though.

All in all I'm very pleased I started, I wish I had have taken the plunge sooner because like many people, I fall in to the trap of weighing up the pros and cons for months and months. This is just time wasted! If you care for your hair and want to stop going bald then you need to get on propecia (and whilst you're waiting you probably already know you're going to get on it eventually). Think of it this way, if you hate the way your hair looks now, just remember that male pattern baldness is degenerative, 5 years down the line you'll be in a much worse position and you'll wish to hell that you did something about it when you could.

Don't believe all the hype surrounding the drug you read on the forums. There is alot of scaremongery going around and it's spread by a very small, tiny even, minority of people who have been scorned that propecia didn't work right for them and they feel that life has dealt them yet another sh*t hand and that they should devote their lives to scaring off other people from trying it.

You'll read this alot on here... once you're on it, it's a massive weight off your shoulders because you know that you are finally doing something about it and you stop obsessing about your hair. Once you stop obsessing about your hair you automatically stop coming to these forums and you get on with life as if it was before you ever knew that male pattern baldness existed.

I can see what your getting at, because the drug worked for you. However, finasteride is a very potent anti androgen and as long as it's on the market - lives are being ruined. Ok, so it is a small minority, but it's still a very dangerous drug.

holdfasthope

Reaction score
Plasticman82 said:
i wouldn't use Boots as they are owned by tax avoider philip green. i buy my propecia from lloyds pharmacy. you order it online then collect from the store. they also have an online doctor you can ask questions which is really helpful. pills ar £60 pm or 155 for 3 months. superdrug also do a very cheap deal but you need private prescription.

regardless of who owns what, I doubt many people would be prepared to pay twice as much for something that is already an expensive habit.