fandango82's story -(25 and Losing Hair)

fandango82

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

My name is Jay, 25 male professional working in Orlando. I first began noticing hair losing in my late teens, during my college sophomore years and didn't do anything about it until I started my grad school in 2004. I started taking finasteride since Fall of 2004 and continue to this day. Although my hair loss was reduced to a very large extent, I believe Finasteride only blocks the DHT and does not cause any hair regrowth. I have attached my pics from top, front and left and right side. To all the gurus out there, please take a look at the pics and suggest if I can grow more dense hair and regrow my hair line in the front. Thnak you very much.

Jay

Attachments

• Front.jpg
    Front.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 2,871
  • left.jpg
    left.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 2,625
  • Right.jpg
    Right.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 2,631

Sighconot

Reaction score
Re: 25 and Losing Hair

Hi Jay,

The important thing is that you've stopped your hair-loss. For regrowth, the obvious answer is Rogaine. Unlike Propecia, it has no side-effects to speak of, and from my own experience I can almost guarantee that it would thicken up your forehead. The only problem is that it's something of a pain to apply to the hairline area, and it'll probably take you a few days before you figure out a routine that's not too awkward or messy. My advice would be to buy some of the liquid rogaine, and slowly drag the applicator across your hairline while you're lying down on a couch or something (you'll probably also want to position your head appropriately). Whatever you do, my other piece of advice would be to start the experimenting on the weekend so that you have some free time to figure it out instead of freaking out on your way to work.

- Sighconot

fandango82

Reaction score

Sighconot said:
Hi Jay,

The important thing is that you've stopped your hair-loss. For regrowth, the obvious answer is Rogaine. Unlike Propecia, it has no side-effects to speak of, and from my own experience I can almost guarantee that it would thicken up your forehead. The only problem is that it's something of a pain to apply to the hairline area, and it'll probably take you a few days before you figure out a routine that's not too awkward or messy. My advice would be to buy some of the liquid rogaine, and slowly drag the applicator across your hairline while you're lying down on a couch or something (you'll probably also want to position your head appropriately). Whatever you do, my other piece of advice would be to start the experimenting on the weekend so that you have some free time to figure it out instead of freaking out on your way to work.

- Sighconot

Hi Sighconot,

Thanks a bunch for posting a reply...I have always thought that Rogaine is not intended for hair loss at the front, the rogaine in the store has a note that its use is only for hair loss in the crown area and thats why I never used it, since you say that you have had personal experience with thickening on the forehead, I'll definitely start using it right away...One question though can I apply a gel after I apply Rogaine? I use gel to spike my hair in the front a little bit, hope Rogaine and gel doesn't cause me to loose my hair...

Jay

Sighconot

Reaction score

Pondle was faster than me, but I'll just give you a quick answer as well..

The way I understand it, Rogaine basically didn't want to spend the money on running tests for the front of the head, and so they technically can't advertise it as being effective there. In reality, however, rogaine works perfectly fine on the hairline - it's just a lot more difficult to apply.

Here's a picture from my thread that I just started... these are my frontal gains from the first two-three months that I mostly attribute to rogaine.

fourhair.jpg

p.s. You should definitely continue to use finasteride as long as you don't have any real side-effects. Rogaine will encourage growth, but it doesn't stop your hair from falling out - that's finasteride's job, and quitting it would probably be counterproductive.

fandango82

Reaction score

Sighconot said:
Pondle was faster than me, but I'll just give you a quick answer as well..

The way I understand it, Rogaine basically didn't want to spend the money on running tests for the front of the head, and so they technically can't advertise it as being effective there. In reality, however, rogaine works perfectly fine on the hairline - it's just a lot more difficult to apply.

Here's a picture from my thread that I just started... these are my frontal gains from the first two-three months that I mostly attribute to rogaine.

fourhair.jpg

p.s. You should definitely continue to use finasteride as long as you don't have any real side-effects. Rogaine will encourage growth, but it doesn't stop your hair from falling out - that's finasteride's job, and quitting it would probably be counterproductive.[/quote

WOW!!! Thats amazing, you grew so much hair specially in that last picture, I hav'nt seen any side effects with finasteride, what are the side effects, havn't had anything like ED or loss of sexual apetite...can you please eductate me on what are the most common side effects by using finasteride? Thanks.

Jai

Sighconot

Reaction score

Well, I'm no expert w/ Propecia, but it has a pretty shady reputation. I mean, I don't want to discourage you - there are a lot of guys on these boards who have been using it for years and years without any troubles. On the other hand, a lot of guys show up with random side-effects ranging from mild to troubling. For me personally, Propecia worked great for about a year; then after taking a short 1-2 week break from it, I restarted it and it seemed to spark a very nasty depression. I've actually quit propecia because it just wasn't worth it, and my hair is starting to fall out again. But like I said, plenty of people haven't had any problems. Just search around these forums... they're a treasure-trove of information.

RaginDemon

Reaction score

if you dont have sides, take finasteride, it will thicken up your hair big time.

fandango82

Reaction score

RaginDemon said:
if you dont have sides, take finasteride, it will thicken up your hair big time.
RaginDemon,

I have been taking finasteride for over 3 years and I did not notice any side effect, atleast that I had to think of but as SIGHCONOT mentioned that many have been taking finasteride for many years without any side effects. I did see some posts that talked about the effects but I dont care cause, having hair on my head is the most important thing for me ;)
I'm planning on including Rogaine into my regimen to grow my hairline back...

Jay

RaginDemon

Reaction score

fandango82 said:
RaginDemon said:
RaginDemon,

I have been taking finasteride for over 3 years and I did not notice any side effect, atleast that I had to think of but as SIGHCONOT mentioned that many have been taking finasteride for many years without any side effects. I did see some posts that talked about the effects but I dont care cause, having hair on my head is the most important thing for me ;)

Jay

just do all three at once

Rogaine foam, finasteride, and Nizoral shampoo

best of luck bro!

fandango82

Reaction score

RaginDemon said:
fandango82 said:
RaginDemon said:
RaginDemon,

Jay

just do all three at once

Rogaine foam, finasteride, and Nizoral shampoo

best of luck bro!

Can I find Nizoral in the local store though?

RaginDemon

Reaction score

yeah

henrys

Reaction score

hi, try http://www.natural-hair-grower.com i just bought 1 bottle it is natural and no side effects like almost all hair regrowth products in the market now in w/c it makes me feel nervous abt side effects. I'm having hair loss for quite sometime but after applying their product for a week now. hair loss was drastically reduced and i've noticed that my hair was strengthen... so far the effect is so positive.

alkulk

Established Member
Reaction score

henrys said:
hi, try http://www.natural-hair-grower.com i just bought 1 bottle it is natural and no side effects like almost all hair regrowth products in the market now in w/c it makes me feel nervous abt side effects. I'm having hair loss for quite sometime but after applying their product for a week now. hair loss was drastically reduced and i've noticed that my hair was strengthen... so far the effect is so positive.

And I am George Washington... :firing:

Pondle

Reaction score

henrys said:

There's a sucker born every minute.

malibujoe

Established Member
Reaction score

fandango82 said:
RaginDemon said:
RaginDemon,

Jay

if you don't have any libido/sexual issues and/or man boobs than don't worry about finasteride sides (however you should've done your homework on what possible sides are before starting).

as for not caring what side effects u may have/get cuz having hair on ur head is more important...that's ridiculous.

i don't want to be mean..but do you have bad acne/zits? may want to look into getting treatment for that.

henrys

Reaction score

no really =) sucker turning into a winner once my hair goes back! :firing:

RaginDemon

Reaction score

henrys said:
no really =) sucker turning into a winner once my hair goes back! :firing:

only big 3 works, the rest might actually bring negative results.