Fake Rogaine?

Blessed99

Reaction score
I really think I bought a batch of fake Rogaine on eBay. Just to give you some background info, previously I used Kirkland minoxidil from eBay which worked OK but irritated my skin a lot. I heard that Rogaine had a better vehicle and since I was starting Finasteride in December 2014, I figured Rogaine + Finasteride = The Ultimate Results. Anyway, shortly after my new regime, my hair literally turned to sh*t but I associated this with the Finasteride shed. However, months after months I saw no changes, so I switched to Kirkland foam and brand name Propecia and things started looking somewhat better.

Last month I decided to switch back to liquid Rogaine thinking that I would have even better results since liquid supposedly produces better results than the foam. I was wrong - the top of my head where the liquid was applied began to be irritated immediately - the skin started peeling and burning and burning after washing and my hair became extremely extremely thin.

My hair now looks like sh*t. I honestly think the liquid Rogaine I bought of eBay was fake. I've never had such bad results with any liquid minoxidil. It's also worth mentioning that the Rogaine was NOT in the original packaging.

What are the chances of this being accurate? Has anyone had a similar experience?

TD500

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Wouldn't be suprised ebay isn't exactly the most safest place to buy stuff.

famazon

My Regimen
Reaction score
I really think I bought a batch of fake Rogaine on eBay. Just to give you some background info, previously I used Kirkland minoxidil from eBay which worked OK but irritated my skin a lot. I heard that Rogaine had a better vehicle and since I was starting Finasteride in December 2014, I figured Rogaine + Finasteride = The Ultimate Results. Anyway, shortly after my new regime, my hair literally turned to sh*t but I associated this with the Finasteride shed. However, months after months I saw no changes, so I switched to Kirkland foam and brand name Propecia and things started looking somewhat better.

Last month I decided to switch back to liquid Rogaine thinking that I would have even better results since liquid supposedly produces better results than the foam. I was wrong - the top of my head where the liquid was applied began to be irritated immediately - the skin started peeling and burning and burning after washing and my hair became extremely extremely thin.

My hair now looks like sh*t. I honestly think the liquid Rogaine I bought of eBay was fake. I've never had such bad results with any liquid minoxidil. It's also worth mentioning that the Rogaine was NOT in the original packaging.

What are the chances of this being accurate? Has anyone had a similar experience?

Never buy rogaine online!!!!...especially from Amazon...The %5 foam is expired/counterfeit...Be cautious when the box states “new look” & is made outside of the country you are ordering from....3rd party sellers buy an expired product & place a new expiration date upon it & voilà & no ones the wiser..until someone uses the 3 months supply only to see a negative effect...I’m stating this from experience..Have been on Rogaine for 5 yrs. with great results, however, after using a 3 month supply from Amazon I began to really shed/thin on my crown..So, I decided to buy from the drug store like I have been for the previous 5yrs. & lone & behold my hair began to thicken up pretty rapidly.. after just a few days!! smh...I also noticed a difference in the overall texture of the product..the drug store version leaves a film where I place it, hours afterwards, whereas, the one from Amazon dried out quickly, with a burning sensation,leaving behind no film & lacklustre hair!!
So, if Amazon will do that with the %5 foam, than I can only imagine what 3rd party sellers do to the %2 liquid(alcohol, water & food colouring etc.)in a bottle that’s pretty easy to duplicate & mass produce.

So, heed my words & buy your Rogaine from a actual drug store/walmart..u may pay a little more but at least your getting what u expected!!