Fake drugs - what harmful substances could they contain?

Pondle

Reaction score
Folks on the dutasteride forum may know that I recently bought some Dutas from Inhouse - the delivery arrived 2 days ago. I'm still slightly reluctant to star the course, because although I know Inhouse has a good reputation, I'm concerned about the possibility that the meds may be fake - I read some mixed experiences of Dutas both here and at HLH.

If they are just sugar pills then fine, I'll mix em up with my genuine Proscar to make sure I'm getting at least some DHT inhibition. But I know that some of these fakes aren't just sugar and water. What sorts of toxic substances might be in a fake drug? Could fake drugs be possible vehicles for infection?

hair today gone tomorrow

Reaction score
i doubt it...while they could be fake...ive never heard of anyone gettin sick from drugs bought at inhouse or unitedpharmacies....supposedly qhi has a good reputation...IM deciding on dutas too but Im not sure where to get it :(

Cassin

Reaction score
You would think that if anyone is going to make fake drugs they would pick some higher selling ones. Propecia too be honest is not a high seller and neither is Avodart.

My concern would be more about mishandling/exposure and expiration dates.

Sean68

Reaction score
mine werent fake and i hate to repeat myself but if youre concerned why
dont you just get avodart from your gp?

Pondle

Reaction score
Sean68 said:
mine werent fake and i hate to repeat myself but if youre concerned why
dont you just get avodart from your gp?

I can't: I'm 31 years old, so BPH is a little unlikely. Local GP was reluctant to give me Propecia, two years ago! Bastards. I know Dr Ashcroft might be willing to supply, but he's quite expensive for dutasteride (good value for Proscar though).

Pondle

Reaction score
Cassin said:
You would think that if anyone is going to make fake drugs they would pick some higher selling ones. Propecia too be honest is not a high seller and neither is Avodart.

My concern would be more about mishandling/exposure and expiration dates.

Yet there have been reports on the forum of various fakes from a number of sources, especially with generics.

I read on the WHO site that any kind of product can be and has been counterfeited: expensive lifestyle and anti-cancer medicines, antibiotics, medicines for hypertension and cholesterol lowering drugs, hormones, steroids and inexpensive generic versions of simple pain killers and antihistamines.

As for the mishandling / exposure issue, what do you mean - storage at high temperature? Contamination?

Pondle

Reaction score
Any idea what contaminants we may be talking about here? How would they enter the sealed capsule post-manufacture? Do Indian generic manufacturers have lower quality control standards than 'big pharma'?

G

Pondle said:
Any idea what contaminants we may be talking about here? How would they enter the sealed capsule post-manufacture? Do Indian generic manufacturers have lower quality control standards than 'big pharma'?

not just that. if the drugs are in crates in ridiculously hot east asian weather for long periods of time(which you don't know they aren't), then what?

Pondle

Reaction score
JayMan said:
Pondle said:

not just that. if the drugs are in crates in ridiculously hot east asian weather for long periods of time(which you don't know they aren't), then what?

You took Inhouse Dutas for while didn't you JayMan, what was your experience?

Pondle

Reaction score
aussieavodart said:
ive got some dodgy dutas pills that made me sick that id love to know what is in

You got yours from UP though, didn't you Aussie? I've seen more negative reports about UP than about Inhouse.

HughJass

Reaction score
yep i bought them from UP

needless to say, i dont shop there anymore and never will

mbehr22

Established Member
Reaction score
could inactive ingredients in ANY generic online drug actually cause hairloss?

i know if you are poisoned with certain chemicals it can make you have skin reactions, organ failure, etc ... why not the loss of your hair?

wouldnt that be ironic