Faith in finasteride

Doom

Reaction score
I'm anxiously waiting for my 90 day supply of Finpecia to arrive from Inhousepharmacy. Hopefully it will arrive soon. I was on Propecia fro 6 months a year ago and was convinced that it was working. (I've been off it for a year, see The Return of Doom post)
I have faith in finasteride that it will work and produce good results for me. I wonder if pyschologically believing that it wil work will actually help in it working. You know how people wit serious illnesses have gotten better because of their faith. So I'm going to take finasteride for the next 5 years if I have to. It has to work....

:2gunsfiring_v1:

Doom

Reaction score
See "The Return of Doom" post in the General Discussion forum for the whole tale.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
Doom said:
I'm anxiously waiting for my 90 day supply of Finpecia to arrive from Inhousepharmacy. Hopefully it will arrive soon. I was on Propecia fro 6 months a year ago and was convinced that it was working. (I've been off it for a year, see The Return of Doom post)
I have faith in finasteride that it will work and produce good results for me. I wonder if pyschologically believing that it wil work will actually help in it working. You know how people wit serious illnesses have gotten better because of their faith. So I'm going to take finasteride for the next 5 years if I have to. It has to work....

finasteride works if your a responder. It has nothing to do with wishful believin IMO.

killbill123

Established Member
Reaction score
RaginDemon said:
Doom said:

finasteride works if your a responder. It has nothing to do with wishful believin IMO.

Never underestimate the mind-body connection...the placebo effect is quite real

TheHairGrower

Established Member
Reaction score
agreed, placebo is a powerful phenomona. Thus, believing more in the finasteride psychologically/mentally/have alot of faith in it, opposed to someone who thinks its snake oil, will definetly influence the effects, as subtle or non subtle as it may be.

but yeah.. if you really believe in it it can boost its efficiency very well.